NY Times: Obama only

Libsmasher

The New York Times despicably refused to let McCain do an op-ed piece, after letting Obama do one. The NYT is a private concern, and can print or not print anything they want, but this clearly shows the historic attitude of the liberal media establishment: all liberalism all the time, opposing viewpoints shouldn't see the light of day.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...w-york-times-blocked-op-ed-response-to-obama/

Werbung:
Huffington post covered the same story and seen it slightly different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/21/emnew-york-timesem-reject_n_114079.html

This is but the latest turn in the John McCain vs. the New York Times story, which exploded in February after the Times published a story implying an illicit affair between McCain and lobbyist Vicki Iseman. In May, McCain rejected the New York Times' request for his medical records, allowing only two print newspapers — the Washington Post and the

In addition to hte NYT saying that it wasn't a rebuttal to Obama's. Seems quite reasonable to me considering all the politics Fox News is playing in McCain's favour. Fox should have never started that game.

Huffington post covered the same story and seen it slightly different.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/21/emnew-york-timesem-reject_n_114079.html

In addition to hte NYT saying that it wasn't a rebuttal to Obama's. Seems quite reasonable to me considering all the politics Fox News is playing in McCain's favour. Fox should have never started that game.

Playing politics has been around since the creation of government. Fox did not start the "game."

The problem I have with this story is that the NY Times editor said that McCain should lay his piece out like Obama did with "timetables" and "troop levels" etc... However, when your campaign platform is that you will listen to commanders on the ground, it is basically asking McCain to rewrite his campaign stance to fit the desires of the editor of the NY Times, which is a joke.

Obama got to talk about what he wanted to talk about - allowing McCain merely a rebuttal places a restriction on McCain not placed on Obama. It's wholesale bias in favor of the leftwing candidate in an election year, no ifs. And bringing up Fox News is a real howler. :D The titanic lib media, which dwarfs Fox, has acted like the choir in the Church of Obama for four years.

Obama got to talk about what he wanted to talk about - allowing McCain merely a rebuttal places a restriction on McCain not placed on Obama. It's wholesale bias in favor of the leftwing candidate in an election year, no ifs. And bringing up Fox News is a real howler. :D The titanic lib media, which dwarfs Fox, has acted like the choir in the Church of Obama for four years.

Stop whining, I swear that's all you right wingers do. The Times said they were willing to publish a piece by McCain as long as it contained some new information. Instead, McCain attempted to use the Times as a means to attack Obama (11 of the op-ed's 12 paragraphs contained political attacks). He want's to do that, he can pay for an ad.

Yesterday on CNN, former Clinton Deputy Press Secretary Jennifer Palmieri said that even as a sitting president, Bill Clinton had “many” op-eds rejected by the Times:

When I worked for President Clinton, “The New York Times” rejected many op-eds written by him as a sitting president of the United States. They don’t just give up space to a candidate because their opponent has space. You can’t just go — you can’t go to “The New York Times” editorial page and say I want to say what’s wrong with the other guy. They want to leverage their space, which is very valuable, to force you to say something you haven’t said before. And I think that they turned down McCain not because they like Obama but because McCain, all he was doing in his piece was criticizing Obama and they wanted him to put him on the spot to say more.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/22/bolton-nyt-mccain/

Libsmasher, I think you are so used to all the media bowing to the demands of conservatives that you can't understand that McCain could have very well placed the rift between himself and the NYT when he refused to provide them with his medical records.
McCain has Fox and the Washington Post, do you think he should have them all wrapped around his little finger? He's had most of what he's wanted since his return from Nam, unlike the rest of the Nam vets who have been treated worse than dogs.

Stop whining, I swear that's all you right wingers do. The Times said they were willing to publish a piece by McCain as long as it contained some new information. Instead, McCain attempted to use the Times as a means to attack Obama (11 of the op-ed's 12 paragraphs contained political attacks). He want's to do that, he can pay for an ad.

Yesterday on CNN, former Clinton Deputy Press Secretary Jennifer Palmieri said that even as a sitting president, Bill Clinton had “many” op-eds rejected by the Times:

Ahhhhhh, the slurmeister "weighs in" with crapola parroted from the lib press. :D Editorials have never been required to provide "new information", or old information - rather, they are a forum for the opinion of the writer. McCain's submission looked no different than editorial rebuttals have ever looked - the NYT was just doing what the whole lib media has done for four years: promote and defend their candidate.

That Clinton as president had editorials rejected is neither here nor there - he wasn't in the middle of an election campaign, where the media was giving the other side what Obama has gotten from the establishment his whole life - a free ride.

Libsmasher, I think you are so used to all the media bowing to the demands of conservatives

The lib media bows to conservatives???!! :D You've taken leave of your senses. The ONLY thing the lib media does is act as a 24/7 propaganda machine for the liberal establishment.

that you can't understand that McCain could have very well placed the rift between himself and the NYT when he refused to provide them with his medical records.

McCain doesn't owe the NYT his medical records, and in any case they've already been made public. What does that have to do with suppressing a rebuttal to his opponent during a presidential race? Nothing.

The lib media bows to conservatives???!! :D You've taken leave of your senses. The ONLY thing the lib media does is act as a 24/7 propaganda machine for the liberal establishment.

McCain doesn't owe the NYT his medical records, and in any case they've already been made public. What does that have to do with suppressing a rebuttal to his opponent during a presidential race? Nothing.

Hey Libsmasher, quit whining and smash some libs. IMO if it makes you feel better then call it media bias. There's little doubt that Fox News is biased the other way and shouldn't have started the game in earnest. I say, in earnest, because Fox is to the point of being ridiculous now. I watch Hannity and Colmes for the comedy routine and to see Alan Colmes get the best of Hannity, to which the tech crew always break out laughing.

This thing is not going to give you any mileage Libsmasher. It's just going to make you the object of the Libs' derision.

not2needy- Last night on PBS West the media was undoubtedly slanted toward the McCain supporters and the right. This complaining and whining the right is doing is not very convincing. If there is any left bias developing now it's in response to the ridiculous lengths Fox News has gone to destroy Obama.

The right never did cotton to folks fighting back all that much.

not2needy- Last night on PBS West the media was undoubtedly slanted toward the McCain supporters and the right. This complaining and whining the right is doing is not very convincing. If there is any left bias developing now it's in response to the ridiculous lengths Fox News has gone to destroy Obama.

The right never did cotton to folks fighting back all that much.

Funny Video I saw today that McCain camp put out.

Obama Love

Don't worry. The Larry Sinclair story will level the playing field in about 6 weeks +/-.

Actually where Obama is concerned, it will blow (pardon the pun :cool: )a crater in the playing field right where he's standing..

Did anyone catch The Daily Show last night? Jon did a bit on Obama's stint overseas and had all his male "correspondants" in it...no females...and all of them were bragging about having a "boner" for Obama.

It won't be long now...

BigRob- Here's a video which puts media bias in a litte better perspective for us. I know you have made some worthwhile comments on the practice and I think this may interest you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/22/mccain-gets-history-of-th_n_114419.html

The point for me was not that McCain has been further discredited but that CBS would take a purposeful stance of covering up something which is probably going to be replayed again and again in an attempt to portray McCain as being out of touch.

And following so closely on the heels of the Obama/NYT issue!

Werbung:
BigRob- Here's a video which puts media bias in a litte better perspective for us. I know you have made some worthwhile comments on the practice and I think this may interest you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/07/22/mccain-gets-history-of-th_n_114419.html

The point for me was not that McCain has been further discredited but that CBS would take a purposeful stance of covering up something which is probably going to be replayed again and again in an attempt to portray McCain as being out of touch.

And following so closely on the heels of the Obama/NYT issue!

Yea, I saw this story actually, thanks for the link. I have never been much of a fan of McCain, and I think he is just about the worst when it comes to playing politics. Obama was the one supposed to be showing weakness of foreign policy and McCain continually blunders like this.

Now I have no doubt that McCain has a grasp of foreign policy, but he needs to stop with the blunders like this, especially on issues like foreign relations.

Back