Obama address to Congress kicks butt

top gun

President Obama came out tonight and really set in very certain terms a better & brighter future for our country! It was realistic AND positive!

It will be almost funny to see the Republicant response against this one... I mean COME ON... President Obama had both sides of the isle giving standing ovations!!! No wonder President Obama has such a large following and such huge support all across the country.

It's sooooo different than the constant smoke and mirrors of the previous administration. I mean to actually call a War what a big part of it really is... it's "spending"... and account for it and not hide it!!! That's just CRAZY!!!:D

Even the old Grumpmister McCain stood up and applauded leaving Iraq! Who would of thunk it!

Thank you PRESIDENT OBAMA!

Werbung:
I have to admit this time he did not depress me with his usual doom and gloom

that was a nice change

but really, this stim package had no pork had no earmarks.... how can he lie so straight faced and moreover how can people be so dumb to buy it.

Top Gun

did I hear him right???
he was talking about taxes and how 95 pecent of us were going to get a tax break, then he said

actually its on its way now

does that mean we are getting a stim check? I heard he was not doing that like bush did

that was a nice change

but really, this stim package had no pork had no earmarks.... how can he lie so straight faced and moreover how can people be so dumb to buy it.

Top Gun

did I hear him right???
he was talking about taxes and how 95 pecent of us were going to get a tax break, then he said

does that mean we are getting a stim check? I heard he was not doing that like bush did

no you dont get a check, those checks did what evryone who knows anything about money knew it would do....went mostly to paying off credit cards and debt...no stimulus. Small amounts back = spending , large amount back = saving and debt pay off for most people.

"Tax Savings
How households may fare under the economic recovery plan.
Income Avg. Tax Savings Drop in Tax Bite
Under $19K $476 -95%
$19K-$38K $652 -22%
$38K-$66K $781 -9%
$66K-$112K $1,301 -7.5%
$112K-$161K $2,549 -8.3%
$161K-$227K $3,883 -8.3%
$227K-$603K $5,133 -5.7%
$2.8M plus $39,350 -1.4%
Source: The Tax Policy Center

that was a nice change

Top Gun

did I hear him right???

as for no pork....you will never have a bill with no pork...because some republicans will call just about anything pork.. there is no real definition of pork..what is useful and needed to one, is not to others..

as for no pork....you will never have a bill with no pork...because some republicans will call just about anything pork.. there is no real definition of pork..what is useful and needed to one, is not to others..

if its not possible to make a bill without pork then dont stand there and say there is none.

as for ear marks the bill coming up in 2 days has 9000 ear marks in it, he did not mention that.......but he said the next years bill wont have any

if this stim had it but he said it did not, and the bill they are submitting in two days does then how can we believe him when he says it wont in next years.

I'd respect him more if he would just be straight with us instead of lying

no you dont get a check, those checks did what evryone who knows anything about money knew it would do....went mostly to paying off credit cards and debt...no stimulus. Small amounts back = spending , large amount back = saving and debt pay off for most people.

"Tax Savings
How households may fare under the economic recovery plan.
Income Avg. Tax Savings Drop in Tax Bite
Under $19K $476 -95%
$19K-$38K $652 -22%
$38K-$66K $781 -9%
$66K-$112K $1,301 -7.5%
$112K-$161K $2,549 -8.3%
$161K-$227K $3,883 -8.3%
$227K-$603K $5,133 -5.7%
$2.8M plus $39,350 -1.4%
Source: The Tax Policy Center

I dont get that, Oregon is going to do a disconnect so it wont effect us :(

if its not possible to make a bill without pork then dont stand there and say there is none.

as for ear marks the bill coming up in 2 days has 9000 ear marks in it, he did not mention that.......but he said the next years bill wont have any

if this stim had it but he said it did not, and the bill they are submitting in two days does then how can we believe him when he says it wont in next years.

I'd respect him more if he would just be straight with us instead of lying

who knows maybe he will veto it. I dont know enough about the bill to say much.

President Obama came out tonight and really set in very certain terms a better & brighter future for our country! It was realistic AND positive!

No doubt!!!!!

How encouraging, having a real Statesman addressing the Nation.....rather than some smirking frat-boy, who thought any applause must have meant he was doing a good job.​

"How Obama’s speech will play abroad will soon be known."​

It's lookin' like The Reviews are comin'-in, already!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It was an excellent speech, with direct relevance to all members of Congress, all US citizens and those of us around the world who desperately want Obama to get it right. Surely he is an inspired and inspiring leader." - Mary Lou Morris, Adelaide South Australia​

:cool:

Hey, pocketfullofsh@$, you look hungry, here, have some pork, it's tasty.​

A $410 billion spending bill unveiled yesterday will fund the US government for the rest of the fiscal year - and kick in $2.2 million for the Center for Grape Genetics in upstate New York.

The measure comes just days after the $787 billion economic-stimulus package was signed; it'll be voted on by the House later this week.

But it's not all nuts and bolts - there's plenty of pork, like the millions for the grape center in Geneva, NY, thanks to Sen. Chuck Schumer, and Reps. Maurice Hinchey and Michael Arcuri.

Other New York earmarks include: $143,000 for Manhattan's American Ballet Theatre "for educational activities"; $214,000 for Stony Brook University "to teach scientists how to effectively communicate with the public and the press"; and $950,000 for a Poughkeepsie pedestrian bridge.

The measure also includes $500,000 for a Senate "pilot program" to defray the cost of mass-mail postcards notifying constituents of town-hall meetings.

It will be almost funny to see the Republicant response against this one... I mean COME ON... President Obama had both sides of the isle giving standing ovations!!! No wonder President Obama has such a large following and such huge support all across the country.

It's sooooo different than the constant smoke and mirrors of the previous administration. I mean to actually call a War what a big part of it really is... it's "spending"... and account for it and not hide it!!! That's just CRAZY!!!:D

Even the old Grumpmister McCain stood up and applauded leaving Iraq! Who would of thunk it!

Oh topgun, I just don't know what to say....

Obuma's entire candidacy is smoke and mirrors, apparently blinding you and the drooling sheeple that follow him. You just listen to the pretty words and swoon at his feet.

Keep in mind - All politicians are evil, greedy, and corrupt. All!

And as for McCain, he's a sell out, and "took a dive" in order for the dems to win.

Werbung:
Pandora;87770]I have to admit this time he did not depress me with his usual doom and gloom

that was a nice change

I completely understand how President Obama must walk a fine line. For all the good he's trying to set up he knows it will take time to take effect... at least a year... maybe even two.

On the other hand he wants to be positive. It's hard to be positive when the reality left in his lap is truly bad. But he found a way last night to make the case that things WILL GET BETTER... AMERICANS CAN DO IT!!! And that there will be real long term benefits to the way America changes some of the things it does... like energy and healthcare.

Stimulus means SPENDING!:) This is a combination spending stimulus and tax cut Bill. I mean if you want to get hyper technical any spending... all spending... is an earmark for the group that gets the funds. But that's not at all what this Bill is about. Trying to save and create new jobs is what this Bill is focused on.

Top Gun

did I hear him right???

Yes you heard correct. 95% will get a tax break but this time it will come in the form of less taken out of your paycheck... instead of taking it out and then sending a lump sum back to you. I understand this takes place starting April 1, 2009.

Back