Obama address to Congress kicks butt

Oh topgun, I just don't know what to say....

Obuma's entire candidacy is smoke and mirrors, apparently blinding you and the drooling sheeple that follow him. You just listen to the pretty words and swoon at his feet.

Keep in mind - All politicians are evil, greedy, and corrupt. All!

And as for McCain, he's a sell out, and "took a dive" in order for the dems to win.

Come on Hank... try to be real for just one second and not just cling to all the anti-American crap that all American politics and all American politicians are BAD!

I can assure you they are not... and I've personally known my share of Representatives and Governors over the years. They do have to sometimes compromise to get things done but that's really what politics is. If it's all just partisan gridlock that's not a great thing my friend. In fact that can be much worse.

BUT HERE'S THE MOST TELLING TALE RIGHT HERE ON THE TWO POLITICAL PARTIES WE HAVE:

President Obama came out and was very informational and positive but still told us the truth about the fix we were left in.

AND THE REPUBLICANTS COME BACK WITH BOBBY JINDAL????????????:D

Could not find one, ONE Senator or Representative that's not toxic to most Americans after the way they backed Bush policy!:D

And then Jindal is so completely LOST IN SPACE that he tries to spin the Republicant KATRINA debacle as a Republicant VICTORY! Now COME ON be honest... even you aren't buying that malarkey!

And then he wraps up with some rambling about ethics?????????? I mean forgive me but PLEEEEEASE... Jack Abramoff, Duke Cunningham and VP Cheney's Scooter Libby and the like are all pretty well known Republicant Felons from the Bush administration.

I felt like I was in Star Wars when the guy said... Your mind tricks won't work on me. WE ALL REMEMBER REPUBLICANT RULE... IT'S ONLY BEEN A MONTH FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!:D

Werbung:
Stimulus means SPENDING!:) This is a combination spending stimulus and tax cut Bill. I mean if you want to get hyper technical any spending... all spending... is an earmark for the group that gets the funds. But that's not at all what this Bill is about. Trying to save and create new jobs is what this Bill is focused on.]

ok but again, he lied
he said it had no earmarks or pork in it and it did

you cant expect me to like it when the president lies to me.

when you felt bush lied to you I understood

when left leaning people felt bush lied to them for 8 years I didnt always agree that it was a lie but I always respected they felt lied to.

right after obama said no pork no earmarks, at least 5 of his democrats in congress were on the news saying, yeah there is some pork yeah there are some earmarks but look at the bigger picture exc exc.

It bothers me that he lies so often about stuff like this, it just makes me trust him less

President Obama came out and was very informational and positive but still told us the truth about the fix we were left in.

Saying we're in a fix, doesn't fix anything. Nor could he explain how his 'stealfromus' would be of any help.

AND THE REPUBLICANTS COME BACK WITH BOBBY JINDAL????????????:D

What did he say that you disagree with?

And then he wraps up with some rambling about ethics?????????? I mean forgive me but PLEEEEEASE... Jack Abramoff, Duke Cunningham and VP Cheney's Scooter Libby and the like are all pretty well known Republicant Felons from the Bush administration.

Oh my goodness Top Gun! An entire three Republicans supposedly guilty as charged. First, off lets end the stop Libby garbage. Libby did nothing wrong, and there was no real criminal act done in the entire case. If you knew anything about the case, you'd never mention his name again unless you are just a political hack (which is possible).

So two Republicans! Wowzers... that's horrible. Bet you could name a few more too... Let's see how many Democrat felons their are...

Bill Clinton, Hilliary Clinton, Al Gore, Yah Lin "Charlie" Trie, Vernon Jordan, George Stephanopoulos, Robert Reich, Roberta Achtenberg, Margaret Williams, Mack McLarty, Marian Benett, Henry Cisneros, Mike Espy, Ron Brown, Jim Guy Tucker, Bernard Nussbaum, Patsy Thomasson, Roger Altman, Jean Hanson, William Kennedy, Harold Ickes, Lloyd Cutler, John Huang, Mark Middleton, Carol Browner, Bruce Lensey, William Kennedy, David Watkins, Patsy Thomasson, Craig Livingstone, Anthony Marceca, Harry Reid, Jack Murtha, William Jefferson, Ed Rendell, Ted Kennedy, Pat Kennedy, Robert Menendez, Barney Frank, Sandy Berger, Robert Torricelli, James McGreevey, Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde, Daniel David Rostenkowski, Melvin Jay Reynolds, Wayne Bryant, Hiram Monserrate, Marion Barry, Mary Rose Oakar, John Wayne Gacy, Neil Goldschmidt, Mel Reynolds, Cynthia McKinney, Gus Savage, Brock Adams, John Young, Sharpe James.

Each name is a democrat, and a felon. And honestly, I skipped hundreds of names. This is the short list. If there is any topic on which the democrats hold zero credibility, it's breaking the law.

Pandora;87871]ok but again, he lied
he said it had no earmarks or pork in it and it did

you cant expect me to like it when the president lies to me.

when you felt bush lied to you I understood

when left leaning people felt bush lied to them for 8 years I didnt always agree that it was a lie but I always respected they felt lied to.

You certainly have a right to your opinion, and I respect you opinion, but I don't see the Stimulus Package as pork so I don't see it as a lie at all.

Money had to be spent to "stimulate". There's no way I could blame an administration for "stimulating" things that were in line with that administrations overall good objectives. If you think about it I think you would see that if President Obama had given money to the Republican supporting NRA that would have been "pork" for the NRA. All spending could be called pork. The difference here is this spending is to help the overall country's economy and not just give pork "unnecessary funding" to a certain Congressman or state.

And I think it's completely out of the box now that the Bush administration did lie to us as well as often give us half truths on several occasions... but I don't really think we need to cover that old ground too much anymore, it's over.

right after obama said no pork no earmarks, at least 5 of his democrats in congress were on the news saying, yeah there is some pork yeah there are some earmarks but look at the bigger picture exc exc.

It bothers me that he lies so often about stuff like this, it just makes me trust him less.

You see the thing about politics is everyone has their own opinion as to what is or is not necessary (usually if it benefits them or not) and there is the whole issue about getting a job done. I'm sure there are people on the Left that think the President gave in too much on some of the extra tax cuts the Republicans wanted... but it's that we got a good overall package and with great speed so we're not just stuck in gridlock allowing things to worsen that matters to me. But that's just me.;)

You certainly have a right to your opinion, and I respect you opinion, but I don't see the Stimulus Package as pork so I don't see it as a lie at all.

Money had to be spent to "stimulate". There's no way I could blame an administration for "stimulating" things that were in line with that administrations overall good objectives. If you think about it I think you would see that if President Obama had given money to the Republican supporting NRA that would have been "pork" for the NRA. All spending could be called pork. The difference here is this spending is to help the overall country's economy and not just give pork "unnecessary funding" to a certain Congressman or state.

And I think it's completely out of the box now that the Bush administration did lie to us as well as often give us half truths on several occasions... but I don't really think we need to cover that old ground too much anymore, it's over.

You see the thing about politics is everyone has their own opinion as to what is or is not necessary (usually if it benefits them or not) and there is the whole issue about getting a job done. I'm sure there are people on the Left that think the President gave in too much on some of the extra tax cuts the Republicans wanted... but it's that we got a good overall package and with great speed so we're not just stuck in gridlock allowing things to worsen that matters to me. But that's just me.;)

My dear topgun, you are drowning in Kool-Aid... Anyone with half a mind can see there is so much pork in this bill. Pandora is stating fact, not opinion.

Anyways, here's a nice picture for you to put on your "Obama can do no wrong " wall:

080312_obamakoolaid.jpg

Andy;87882]Saying we're in a fix, doesn't fix anything. Nor could he explain how his 'stealfromus' would be of any help.

President Obama has a very well respected and extremely qualified economic team. And as our President he put forward the reasons for taking the actions he is taking. President Bush & his Republicants had their chance and as they failed they took us all deeper and deeper into the ditch. Now we're trying a new approach... a NEW DEAL investment type approach. I like it!:D

What did he say that you disagree with?

Dude!!!!!!!! Even you can't be that thick headed!:D And I don't say that to be mean, but even several Republicants have been all over the news today saying how Bobby BLEW IT! To specifically answer your question he gave some general Conservative talking points (that they didn't follow one iota when they had full power to do so) and then tried to back them up with completely failed examples of Republicant leadership. It was a PR disaster... you had to see that. Turn on the news it's on everywhere.

Oh my goodness Top Gun! An entire three Republicans supposedly guilty as charged. First, off lets end the stop Libby garbage. Libby did nothing wrong, and there was no real criminal act done in the entire case. If you knew anything about the case, you'd never mention his name again unless you are just a political hack (which is possible).

Dude COME ON you know Scooter was the fall guy crook for Cheney and the list is much longer than the 3 I cited. My God if I listed the names of all the closeted gay Republicants running around in airport restrooms and fooling with male Congressional pages and doing crystal meth with male prostitutes and the like we could talk about this all damn day.:D

Just back away from your failed leadership and the mess you left our country in and give the other side a chance to turn some of your clusterfock around... JESH!;)

HankHill;87885]
My dear topgun, you are drowning in Kool-Aid... Anyone with half a mind can see there is so much pork in this bill. Pandora is stating fact, not opinion.

Anyways, here's a nice picture for you to put on your "Obama can do no wrong " wall:

IT'S A STIMULUS BILL!!!:D THAT MEANS SPENDING! And I'm very, VERY glad we are spending here in America on Americans and projects that help America for the future.

And as far as the Kool-Aid... you Republicants forced us all to drink that icky red stuff until the whole freakin' country almost imploded! ANY OTHER FLAVOR IS BETTER THAN THAT CRAP YOU WERE SELLING!:D

Oh... and earlier when pointing out not ALL American politicians are bad as you would like us to believe I said I've personally known a lot of Representatives and Governors when I meant to say Representatives and Mayors. I had one good friend that I worked with a lot years ago that was Mayor but unfortunately he died a few years back and a couple other friends that went on to do other big things after serving for years as Mayors. And a handful of Representatives I've known pretty well. They were all very good public servants (one was even a Republican... but don't tell anybody I said that).

Jindal's response was somewhat poorly delivered. What he said was what he needed to say, but his delivery was pretty bad. As some anchor commented (I forget who) it was nothing like when Bill Clinton did the response, and came across as awkward. The speech certainly read better than the delivery.

That said, Jindal said what he needed to say in the response, so the content was mostly OK.

Jindal's response was somewhat poorly delivered. What he said was what he needed to say, but his delivery was pretty bad. As some anchor commented (I forget who) it was nothing like when Bill Clinton did the response, and came across as awkward. The speech certainly read better than the delivery.

That said, Jindal said what he needed to say in the response, so the content was mostly OK.

Well I mean if Bobby Jindal's whole intent was to seem kinda dim witted and out of touch with the realities on the ground concerning his own state & Katrina... as well as just saying let's go back to an even more conservative version of George Bush because that was just SWELL!!!:D Then I guess that's what he did.

I personally think all the media commentators hit it much more on the head though just pointing out...

Bobby Jindal = not just an empty suit, he just plain makes crap up.:eek:

Let's watch...

Werbung:
What is hillarious about Obama's plans, his speeches, and his actions are that they counter act eachother. A few examples:

Obama says he wants to help the people down troddened by the economic down turn. And then he wants to take away tax breaks to those who donate to charities.

Who do you think those charities help?

Then he wants it easier for unions to form, but then says Cap and trade is vital and he is moving forward with cap and trade.

Again. Who works in the factories affected by cap and trade. Isn't the cap and trade going to make those factories pay higher prices. Won't they have problems keeping the employees. Wont' the price of the goods that people, yes including the lower income earners, have to buy increase.

I can go on, but to sum it up. It's not about helping anyone. It's strictly about Power. You can tell by the way Obama smirks almost everytime he's in front of the camera (by the way is way too much)

What has to happen is we need to get off this kick that the under-class in America deserves everything handed to them and realize that the majority of the economic activity comes from the one's who bust their butts and take risks. The government has no money that belongs to them. It belongs to the people. That's where it comes from . It is not the governments money to spend on whatever the heck they feel like.

Repub or Democrate, I don't care. None of them are entitled to act like a child in a candy store that has just been given a 100.00 to spend. It's sick. I did not approve of it ever. So don't be thinking I am only talking about the dems in this respect.

This is not to say there are not truly people in need and are trying and can't, this is saying the one's who take adavantage of govt should not be allowed to any more. It takes away from those who really need it.

As it sits right now, Obama financial plans will spend more money than the United States has since the country was founded. And he's only been in office less than 40 days. It's crazy.

I hope everyone realizes we need to change this way of thinking and get all the big spenders out of washington.

Back