Obama admin discussing new National Sales Tax (Value-added tax)

Little-Acorn

You knew that tax increases were coming, in the wake of huge spending increases, staggering debt, and now a Socialized Medicine program that will probably add even more trillions to that debt.

Sure, Obama repeated over and over, that there wouldn't be any tax increases on most people.

And you believed that???

BTW, the European countries the leftsts are modelling this new Value-Added-Tax after, have VAT rates anywhere from 17% to 30%.

Coming soon to a country near YOU?

That's what "change" looks like.

---------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ays-consider-value-added-tax/?test=latestnews

Obama Economic Adviser Says U.S. Should Consider 'Value-Added Tax'

NYPost.com
Updated April 07, 2010

A value-added tax is a national sales tax that, like state and city sales taxes, would be collected by retailers.

Acknowledging it would be a highly unpopular move, White House economic adviser Paul Volcker said Tuesday the United States should consider imposing a "value-added tax" similar to those charged in Europe to help get the deficit under control.

A value-added tax is a national sales tax that, like state and city sales taxes, would be collected by retailers.

Volcker, a former Federal Reserve chairman, told a New York panel on the global financial crisis that such a tax is "not as toxic an idea as it has been in the past."

"If, at the end of the day, we need to raise taxes, we should raise taxes," he said.

He also said that Congress might also have to consider new taxes on carbon and energy.

A White House official asked for comment, said, "The president has passed historic tax cuts for middle-class families and continues to push for more tax cuts. The president is not proposing to cut the deficit at the expense of middle-class families."

The value-added tax suggestion was immediately met with outrage by Republicans.

"It shouldn't surprise anyone that the Obama White House would advocate a European-style tax to help finance their European-style government health-care plan," said Brian Walsh, a spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee.

Werbung:
I may, and I mean MAY, consider accepting a VAT, IF and only IF federal income taxes are repealed. But the Dems are livng up to their tax and spend ways. Tax us on EVERYTHING they can and spend money like a drunken sailor in a whore house.

I may, and I mean MAY, consider accepting a VAT, IF and only IF federal income taxes are repealed. But the Dems are livng up to their tax and spend ways. Tax us on EVERYTHING they can and spend money like a drunken sailor in a whore house.

Oh, c'mon, stop, please, oh, yer killin me here... HHAAAAAAAHAHAHA

Democrats repealing the income tax.... that's hilarious.... even Republicans haven't done that, they've only reduced them.... HAAAA HAA HAA HAA

Republicans, hate all forms of paying for things, but never have shown they can actually stop spending it.

Lower the Debt ( not in years when Republicans are in white house of course) but don't bring in more income! And also we are only for spending cuts, when we don't actually have to do them our self!

Here is what all libs and progressives will never understand or accept. And, the consequences of their ignorance will be most uncomfortable.

bg1765figure1sm.ashx

Here is what all libs and progressives will never understand or accept. And, the consequences of their ignorance will be most uncomfortable.

bg1765figure1sm.ashx

wow a graph, that proves it all. See you can tax at 50% and your fine :)

also Taxes where higher under Clinton, had balanced budget, very good econ . Bush lowers, Econ falls, Debt skyrockets...

But then if anyone says go back to 90's taxes, they say it will make the US go under and destroy capitalism. Forgetting that it did fine at that leval before.

But like I sad, Republicans, they will lower taxes, spend more, and never care about debt...until the other guy is in office.

An interesting quote by Ron Paul:
The conservatives and the liberals, they both like to spend. Conservatives spend money on different things. They like embassies, and they like occupation. They like the empire. They like to be in 135 countries and 700 bases.

Don’t you think it’s rather conservative to say, ‘Oh it’s good to follow the Constitution. Oh, except for war. Let the President go to war anytime they want.’

A lot of truth in that short quote.

Werbung:
You knew that tax increases were coming, in the wake of huge spending increases, staggering debt, and now a Socialized Medicine program that will probably add even more trillions to that debt.

Sure, Obama repeated over and over, that there wouldn't be any tax increases on most people.

And you believed that???

There's at least one aspect of a VAT that I like--even the illegals and all others working under the table still have to pay it. It's the most regressive of all taxes. Works for me, especially if Obama lowers marginal income tax rates in an attempt to pass it.

Back