Obama and GE

Werbung:
Yes, there has been a corrupt relation between GE and Obama.
They contribute to his campaign and also get way to political in their
support for him.

"The intersection between GE's interests and government action is clearer than ever," General Electric Vice Chairman John G. Rice wrote in an Aug. 19 e-mail to colleagues.

Rice was calling on his co-workers to join the General Electric Political Action Committee. "GEPAC is an important tool that enables GE employees to collectively help support candidates who share the values and goals of GE."

Scary stuff here. Why in the world have all the "Haliburton" folks on this forum started screaming about this?

Corruption is bad under the Bush administration, but it's good for the Obama administration... ?
What?

GE wants to build a plant in Russia- oh.... now I get it. GE gets picked over our allies and our defense.

Yeah.. Now that's some real CHANGE!!

they are too busy defending him because to care about this. Its rather disgusting.

Here is the link back to the Reuters piece these others article/links spin off of.

There is nothing new about corporations getting behind and supporting politicians and policies that benefit them. Our problem always is with that fine line between supporting what is good for your company, and corruption within the government for the sake of financial support. Now we can add to this danger the threat of ideologically-based policy.

The irony of a corporation who has been listed in the top environmental polluters for the better part of the past 20 years or so, now being a "leader" in green technology is obvious. For example, GE has been a driving force behind the CF bulb vs. incandescent bulb issue - we now face a legislated ban in 2014 on most incandescents in the U.S. No matter that the mercury in the CF's replacing them are creating a new environmental hazard in China, where the majority are made. By.... GE! And not to mention of the same mercury gas will be re-entering our waste product flow in exponential numbers.

There were a couple kernels of interest from the Reuters' piece:
Shortly after the pullback on the shield programme was announced, Russia's government said Prime Minister Vladimir Putin would meet several U.S. executives on Friday from firms including General Electric (GE.N), Morgan Stanley (MS.N) as well as TPG TPG.UL, one of the world's largest private equity firms

...and...

Control Risks associate Europe analyst Zachary Rothstein said the decision would likely dent the popularity of Poland's centre-right government, which has staked much of its credibility on a pro-U.S. foreign policy.

In the Czech Republic, he said it would likely strengthen the leftist Social Democrats -- who along with the majority of the population had always opposed missile defence -- during a crucial period ahead of elections initially scheduled for October but now likely postponed until 2010.

It could also affect regional sentiment towards the European Union itself.

"If the U.S. sustains its current disregard for central and eastern Europe, it is likely that these governments will realise they can no longer rely so much on the United States and will reorientate themselves back towards the EU," Rothstein said.

they are too busy defending him because to care about this. Its rather disgusting.

It's more than disgusting. Disgusting was listening to Chris Matthews describe the thrill running up his leg, or the hundreds of other examples of the mesmerizing of individuals in the media.

The complicit cover-up by the media is nothing short of a national security threat. I think we need a national dialogue not just on health care, or taxes, or federal spending - I think we need one on treason.

It's more than disgusting. Disgusting was listening to Chris Matthews describe the thrill running up his leg, or the hundreds of other examples of the mesmerizing of individuals in the media.

The complicit cover-up by the media is nothing short of a national security threat. I think we need a national dialogue not just on health care, or taxes, or federal spending - I think we need one on treason.

Will you right wing nuts ever get over your holier then though We are the real americans Bull****? I swear if a liberal says we should funding libraries more, some of you would cry its a commist plot and that you must be a Anti American Commie for suggesting it...becuse we all know america was founded on, do what ever the republican party says, anything else is UnAmerican.

T

hen again its the same party who talks about succding from m the Union, and runs around with signs saying impling that t they view Violce againinst the goveent as a a legit next step...

the Next Okalahoma City Bombing is not far away i fear...I fear the right wing "patriot" nut cases more then any Bin Ladin Islamic cell trying to hit the US right now.

Scary stuff here. Why in the world have all the "Haliburton" folks on this forum started screaming about this?

Corruption is bad under the Bush administration, but it's good for the Obama administration... ?
What?

GE wants to build a plant in Russia- oh.... now I get it. GE gets picked over our allies and our defense.

Yeah.. Now that's some real CHANGE!!

OMG you mean General Electic could be providing ...Energy? I mean who would think one of the biggest companies in the world, would get a contract in its feild, with a nation that has a history of working with that company!

Why dont you post something with real corruption in it.

OMG you mean General Electic could be providing ...Energy? I mean who would think one of the biggest companies in the world, would get a contract in its feild, with a nation that has a history of working with that company!

Why dont you post something with real corruption in it.
How convenient. GE gets is going to get billions and billions if cap and tax gets passed.
The missile defense in east europe was scrapped so GE can make billions.

GE Financing was able to get tarp money.

HMMM.... Why is that not corrupt. When NBC and MSNBC have been the most generous to the Obama administration.

I'm just saying.. if you call out corruption on Bush / Cheney.. Then there's no reason not to call it out on Obama.

For the capitalist elites in Russia and the US, the enemy is not each other; it is the workers. Building a GE plant in Russia fits the plan perfectly.

A powerful military means that the rank and file have no chance of overthrowing the wicked and corrupt "rulers" in either country.

Both countries are in the iron grip of a permanent war machine that consumes resources better spent on free education, health and welfare.

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
How convenient. GE gets is going to get billions and billions if cap and tax gets passed.
The missile defense in east europe was scrapped so GE can make billions.

GE Financing was able to get tarp money.

HMMM.... Why is that not corrupt. When NBC and MSNBC have been the most generous to the Obama administration.

I'm just saying.. if you call out corruption on Bush / Cheney.. Then there's no reason not to call it out on Obama.

you have not pointed out Corruption , what you have pointed out is that GE got a contract...Again more of the < the Sun rises in the east...Obama is president...therefor Obama made the sun rise up in the east logic...Show some corruption. You have shown none at all.

Back