Obama and Partial birth abortion/born alive act

Minimal of importance really IMHO. Now one can go back to the flap about him voting present during his time in the IL Leg, that turned out to be mute.
I agree that this would have conflicted with RvW and would have been overturned.

He voted against the born alive act, he didnt vote present. and the born alive act has zero to do with Row vs. Wade.

The central holding of Roe v. Wade was that abortions are permissible for any reason a woman chooses, up until the "point at which the fetus becomes ‘viable,’ that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb

the born alive act is when the child is BORN ALIVE! at this point its clear the child can live out side the womans body and is viable.

even partial birth abortion is against row vs. wade, because the surpreme court only said abortion was legal for any reason until the child could live outside the womans body and was viable. in a partial birth abortion they breech birth the intire baby till the head and hold the head inside the woman till they can kill the child then let the baby out dead. that is not what the surpreme court aproved.

Werbung:
Now again, I dont know, for sure. But I am going to venture a guess that there are scenarios where a late term abortion is necessary for the health of the mother. Now in terms of the nitty gritty procedures. I dont know enough, but I tend to leave that to medical professionals.

lets say for arguments sake a woman developed a kidney problem at the 7th month of her pregnancy. now she would die if she tried to carry the baby till the 9th month.

can you think of any reason this sickly woman should (for her health) intentionally have a baby breech? I have had a child, you never want a child breech if its possible. Its hard on the child and probably harder on the woman.

So why breech? only one reason. the law says you cant kill it if the head comes out first. so they are forced to have the baby breech.

now lets say some woman is just wierd and her doctor is wierder and so they dont know you shouldnt have a baby breech and they go ahead and have the baby breech.

Can you think of any reason that a doctor who is trying to get this baby out of the woman because of the damage being done to her kineys would birth thei whole baby except for the head then leave the head in the woman, holding it there till he could kill the child?

you are going to have to explain to me how this is helpful in any reason to the health of this woman.

now if this same woman at 7 months pregnant found out she couldnt carry this baby, had a C-section or natural birth and the baby was sent right to an incubator.... I think that is reasonable, understandable, and in the best interests of the mother. the baby will probably live, but intentionally killing it when it can live outside the woman... i do not see any argument for that.

Is it fair to assume that abortion is an issue for you that determines the candidates you support? Meaning, would you ever support a pro-choice candidate, or is that a non-starter?

I would rather support a Candidate who respects all life.
I am not for the death P. And I am not for abortion. Life is valuable.

But let’s say I had these two choices……..

Candidate 1. Pro abortion, but strong on defending America. Someone who could really do what is needed to keep us safe from terrorism, without us losing our freedoms.

Candidate 2. Pro life but weak on defense, clearly the terrorists would walk all over us.

I would pick candidate 1. Protect America now and fight the abortion issue later.

But what someone believes in their core value system in a general way really does matter to me. It wouldn’t be easy for me to trust a man or woman who takes the life of children so lightly to make other major decisions.

Minimal of importance really IMHO. Now one can go back to the flap about him voting present during his time in the IL Leg, that turned out to be mute.
I agree that this would have conflicted with RvW and would have been overturned.

You’re saying passing this would conflict with R v W?

That was the original reason I posted.

Obama’s first explanation for voting against the born alive act was it would conflict with Row vs. Wade

But on Sunday in his interview he said he believed that you could legislate late term abortions to a certain date.

So he spoke out both sides of his mouth.

He contradicted his own statement from before.

So you are in essence agreeing with his first statement, that he doesn’t agree with anymore (as of Sunday)

I would rather support a Candidate who respects all life.
I am not for the death P. And I am not for abortion. Life is valuable.

But let’s say I had these two choices……..

Candidate 1. Pro abortion, but strong on defending America. Someone who could really do what is needed to keep us safe from terrorism, without us losing our freedoms.

Candidate 2. Pro life but weak on defense, clearly the terrorists would walk all over us.

I would pick candidate 1. Protect America now and fight the abortion issue later.

But what someone believes in their core value system in a general way really does matter to me. It wouldn’t be easy for me to trust a man or woman who takes the life of children so lightly to make other major decisions.

With all due respect, their are certainly more important matters for electing a man as President of the United States than abortion. I have repeatedly said that we no little about this man, he is surely not loyal as defined by his position on his ex pastor, supposedlly friend of 20 years, almost like family, mentor, etc. Yes Rev.Wright said some deplorable things that offended every true American but Obama knew this from the onset. If you are a US citizen and even thinking of voting Democratic, you better watch and listen. What Hillary is saying is mild. If he should get the nomination, the Republicans will chew him up and spit him out and possible successfully. Many Democrats have said they will vote for Mc Cain for another 4 years of at least we KNOW how bad it will be. With Obama, only God knows what he would do if he were elected. I do not trust this man, and NOT because of his race. Would vote for Collin Powell in a heartbeat.

Werbung:
With all due respect, their are certainly more important matters for electing a man as President of the United States than abortion.

Umm. I agree that there are more important issues when picking a candidate.

That is what I said in the quote of mine you posted. Of course I would rather vote for someone who had respect for life but I did say I would pick the pro abortion person if they were better on let’s say terrorism issues.

Back