Obama begins push for new National Retirement "System"

Little-Acorn

As you know, for most of its existence the nation has never had a "national health care system". It had a hospital here, another over there, pharmaceutical companies that made medicines the hospitals and doctors liked and so bought, a guy who invented a great new diagnosis machine, and a lot of patients, all of whom did their own thing, cooperated when they needed each other's help, had conflicts, and generally got along, as is the norm in free (i.e. capitalist) countries.

But then the leftists started referring to this mass of independent individuals as "the nation's health care system", as though some overall planner had put it in place, decided what each segment would do, and ran the whole thing. That way, when the leftists did get around to nationalizing the whole thing and making it the gridlocked mass it is today, they could pretend it had always been like that: A "system".

Well, guess what. Those same leftists are now telling us that we have a "National Retirement System"... and, inevitably, that it's not good enough and can be improved. By themselves in government, of course.

Yesterday, health care. Today, retirement.

And keep in mind that, with Obama's re-election and the elimination of the constraint of having to face the voters, he now has the "flexibility" that he had mentioned to one of his leftist soul brothers, to take over more and more.

And since the retirement takeover was started way back in the 1930s, this one ought to be relatively easy. They might not even need to ram the bill through late at night on Christmas Eve, this time.

-----------------------------------------------

http://nationalseniorscouncil.org/i...ent-system&catid=34:social-security&Itemid=62

Obama Begins Push for New National Retirement System

A recent hearing sponsored by the Treasury and Labor Departments marked the beginning of the Obama Administration’s effort to nationalize the nation’s pension system and to eliminate private retirement accounts including IRA’s and 401k plans, NSC is warning.

The hearing, held in the Labor Department’s main auditorium, was monitored by NSC staff and featured a line up of left-wing activists including one representative of the AFL-CIO who advocated for more government regulation over private retirement accounts and even the establishment of government-sponsored annuities that would take the place of 401k plans.

"This hearing was set up to explore why Americans are not saving as much for their retirement as they could," explains National Seniors Council National Director Robert Crone, "However, it is clear that this is the first step towards a government takeover. It feels just like the beginning of the debate over health care and we all know how that ended up."

A representative of the liberal Pension Rights Center, Rebecca Davis, testified that the government needs to get involved because 401k plans and IRAs are unfair to poor people. She demanded the Obama administration set up a "government-sponsored program administered by the PBGC (the governments’ Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation)." She proclaimed that even "private annuities are problematic."

Such "reforms" would effectively end private retirement accounts in America, Crone warns. "These people want the government to require that ultimately all Americans buy these government annuities instead of saving or investing on their own. The Government could then take these trillions of dollars and redistribute it through this new national retirement system."

Deputy Treasury Secretary J. Mark Iwry, who presided over the hearing, is a long-time critic of 401k plans because he believes they benefit the rich. He also appears to be one of the Administration’s point man on this issue.

Werbung:
Gadsden%20come%20and%20take%20it-1.jpg

come and take it

personal attendance on your part is not necessary unless its all in mayonnaise jars in the back yards. the financial institutions will hand it over. the House can prevent it for the next two years but if things go according to Tyler, its just a matter of time.

Oh crap. I had forgot about this one. I think everyone should bail out now and open up some Cayman Island accounts.

Watch the run on Wall Street and the banks when this gets out. At least that would kill the b******s in their tracks.

Oh crap. I had forgot about this one. I think everyone should bail out now and open up some Cayman Island accounts.

Watch the run on Wall Street and the banks when this gets out. At least that would kill the b******s in their tracks.

big money has been checking out for some time

What will become of the national employment system, the national transportation system, the national housing system, the national nutritional system...?

It seems like you are jumping the gun with these accusations.
Depends on what the accusations are. If the accusations are that they are right now grabbing at all (rather than just some) these sorts of control - then yes. If the allegation is that there is a significant number of people in the DNC who want or would like all of these things to be under gov control then - no it is not jumping the gun.

Depends on what the accusations are. If the accusations are that they are right now grabbing at all (rather than just some) these sorts of control - then yes. If the allegation is that there is a significant number of people in the DNC who want or would like all of these things to be under gov control then - no it is not jumping the gun.

My response was in regards to the thread subject -- that the Obama Admin is pushing for an end to private retirement accounts....that doesn't seem to meet with reality -- at least not based on the article provided.

My response was in regards to the thread subject -- that the Obama Admin is pushing for an end to private retirement accounts....that doesn't seem to meet with reality -- at least not based on the article provided.
oic, well the way I read it is not so much that he would want to end private accounts as that he would want to nationalize them. Given how other things have been nationalized they never really fully take over, they just gain enough control to get what they want yet never enough to solve the problems that were used as the excuse to intervene in the first place. Is that by design or because there is opposition?

oic, well the way I read it is not so much that he would want to end private accounts as that he would want to nationalize them. Given how other things have been nationalized they never really fully take over, they just gain enough control to get what they want yet never enough to solve the problems that were used as the excuse to intervene in the first place. Is that by design or because there is opposition?

Whats the difference? Let's say I have a 401K, and its get nationalized -- I sure as hell am not putting any more money into it -- so "ended" in that sense. From what I gather about this Labor "hearing" -- it was really just kind of town hall where some far leftists (who don't have any real support) voiced their concerns. I don't think anything comes of this -- and certainly not from that hearing.

Whats the difference? Let's say I have a 401K, and its get nationalized -- I sure as hell am not putting any more money into it -- so "ended" in that sense. From what I gather about this Labor "hearing" -- it was really just kind of town hall where some far leftists (who don't have any real support) voiced their concerns. I don't think anything comes of this -- and certainly not from that hearing.

You are no doubt right. I wonder where the ideas for nationalized health care were first discussed?

Werbung:
Back