Obama chickens out ....

I already have admitted politics is not his forte. The comment you made was about his brain power. You say he's a "joke"? And many people say Rush is a joke. Coulter is a joke. Hannity is a joke. O'Reilly is a joke. Do you see what the lib media does? The received wisdom, after large doses of lib media brainwashing, is that every conservative is a "joke".

Certainly you could consider those individuals that you named "jokes" but they are also hate mongers. An example of what such talk and writing can do was demonstrated this past week in Knoxville, Tenn., where books by BillO, Savage, and Hannity were all found in the home of the liberal hating murderer.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/church-shooting-police-find-manifesto-suspects-car/

Werbung:
BigRob;53415]I heard Obama was going to be busing in Europeans so he would feel at home as well. :p

That's a good one Rob.:) Always hatin' on the rest of the world eh (just kidding!)

In all seriousness though, I think the debates are going to be critical. I think whoever wins the debates win the election. (Unless something drastic happens)

I agree that the debates are important. It's Obama's to lose. I have no doubt Obama is a much better debater but it does give old John a chance to draw a crowd on Obama's coattails.

Being deadly serious... McCain couldn't draw 25% of an Obama crowd by himself if he were giving away free beer on St. Patrick's Day! I'm for ANYTHING that gets John McCain away from the Cheese Isle and up on any stage with President Obama.;)

Certainly you could consider those individuals that you named "jokes" but they are also hate mongers. An example of what such talk and writing can do was demonstrated this past week in Knoxville, Tenn., where books by BillO, Savage, and Hannity were all found in the home of the liberal hating murderer.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jul/28/church-shooting-police-find-manifesto-suspects-car/

Don't you think that Keith Olbermann is a hate monger? For the other side of course but he also would have to be considered one

That's a good one Rob.:) Always hatin' on the rest of the world eh (just kidding!)

I agree that the debates are important. It's Obama's to lose. I have no doubt Obama is a much better debater but it does give old John a chance to draw a crowd on Obama's coattails.

Being deadly serious... McCain couldn't draw 25% of an Obama crowd by himself if he were giving away free beer on St. Patrick's Day! I'm for ANYTHING that gets John McCain away from the Cheese Isle and up on any stage with President Obama.;)

I do not really remember McCain debates. Do you have any old clips of him debating.

I watched all of the democrat debates, clips of the repubs, but mostly I was interested in watching Romney. I am sure I must have seen McCain but I did not pay any attention :(

If you have any clips of him debating, I would love to see them.

I feel like an Obama stalker.... I do not think I have missed much of anything he has done, from speeches to interviews. So I think I know what to expect where he is concerned.

Don't you think that Keith Olbermann is a hate monger? For the other side of course but he also would have to be considered one

Nope, the right wing hate mongers, as these quotes demonstrate, are in a league all by themselves. I wonder where that liberal hating murderer in Knoxville got his ideas from?

“I’ll tell you who should be tortured and killed at Guantanamo: every filthy Democrat in the U.S. Congress.” - Sean Hannity

“Oh, you’re one of the sodomites. You should get AIDS and die, you pig! Why don’t you see if you can sue me, you piece of garbage? Go eat a sausage and choke on it. Get trichinosis.” - Michael Savage

“You know, look, if I could strangle these people and not go to hell and get executed — I would — but I can’t.” - Bill O’Reilly

“We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.” - Ann Coulter

“If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.” - Ann Coulter

“Would you kill someone for that?…I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore…I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it…No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?” - Glenn Beck

“Yeah, that’s why they had a pipe bomb and their lawyer said they were firecrackers. I tell you, I’d hang the lawyer. If I ran this country, I’d hang the lawyer.” - Michael Savage

“We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens’ creme brulee. That’s just a joke, for you in the media.” - Ann Coulter

“I don’t want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there’s evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels.” - Bill O’Reilly

“I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else, just had flooded them out, and I wouldn’t have rescued them.” - Bill O’Reilly

“My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.” - Ann Coulter

“I was so angry and appalled, and the far left has made this guy into a hero, this Glick guy. And, it was just revolting. And if I could have whacked him, I would have.” - Bill O’Reilly

“And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we’re not going to do anything about it. We’re going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.” - Bill O’Reilly

“They shot the wrong Lincoln.” - Ann Coulter referring to Lincoln Chafee

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.” - Rush Limbaugh

http://palisade.winterwoodmusings.com/?p=686

Nope, the right wing hate mongers, as these quotes demonstrate, are in a league all by themselves. I wonder where that liberal hating murderer in Knoxville got his ideas from?

“I’ll tell you who should be tortured and killed at Guantanamo: every filthy Democrat in the U.S. Congress.” - Sean Hannity

“Oh, you’re one of the sodomites. You should get AIDS and die, you pig! Why don’t you see if you can sue me, you piece of garbage? Go eat a sausage and choke on it. Get trichinosis.” - Michael Savage

“You know, look, if I could strangle these people and not go to hell and get executed — I would — but I can’t.” - Bill O’Reilly

“We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals.” - Ann Coulter

“If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.” - Ann Coulter

“Would you kill someone for that?…I’m thinking about killing Michael Moore…I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it…No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong?” - Glenn Beck

“Yeah, that’s why they had a pipe bomb and their lawyer said they were firecrackers. I tell you, I’d hang the lawyer. If I ran this country, I’d hang the lawyer.” - Michael Savage

“We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens’ creme brulee. That’s just a joke, for you in the media.” - Ann Coulter

“I don’t want to go on a lynching party against Michelle Obama unless there’s evidence, hard facts, that say this is how the woman really feels.” - Bill O’Reilly

“I just wish Katrina had only hit the United Nations building, nothing else, just had flooded them out, and I wouldn’t have rescued them.” - Bill O’Reilly

“My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.” - Ann Coulter

“I was so angry and appalled, and the far left has made this guy into a hero, this Glick guy. And, it was just revolting. And if I could have whacked him, I would have.” - Bill O’Reilly

“And if Al Qaeda comes in here and blows you up, we’re not going to do anything about it. We’re going to say, look, every other place in America is off limits to you, except San Francisco. You want to blow up the Coit Tower? Go ahead.” - Bill O’Reilly

“They shot the wrong Lincoln.” - Ann Coulter referring to Lincoln Chafee

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.” - Rush Limbaugh

http://palisade.winterwoodmusings.com/?p=686

I have never heard these things said, I listen fairly often too! But had I heard them said I would have thought it hateful. Except for Ann Coulter, everthing she says comes out in a hateful way.

When I listen to Keith Olbermann speak I hear hate speech. I hear distain for a people and a land; (OURS) I have as hard of a time listening to him as you might have listening to Rush. Or who ever it is you don’t like the most

I think the problem might be we think things sound more hateful or notice the hate more when they are railing against what we ourselves believe in. That is why you don’t notice it with Keith Olbermann and I do not notice it with Glenn Beck.

Question,

Have you noticed in about the last two weeks excessive hate in the boards? Horrible name calling, rude and lude statements all without warrant? I do not mean the small stuff that has gone on as long or longer than I have been here. I mean over the top rudeness. Flat out calling people liars if they disagree. Gross sexual accusations, and all for one reason. Disagreeing with a particular political idea.

I am going to guess you have not noticed it. Not because you are not a decent person but because it was about something non related to you. It was railing against something you didn’t like or agree with to start with. It’s harder to notice when things have crossed the line when it’s not directed at you or your beliefs/ideas. That could very well be why I have not noticed the quotes you posted, or why you do not think that Keith Olbermann is the same.

Do you see the problem with your "links"? The one you cited above, appropriately named "out of thin air" gives no original source citations for its quotes. The one supposedly from Rush is particularly egregious - I dare you to come up with a REAL citattion for that.

Do you see the problem with your "links"? The one you cited above, appropriately named "out of thin air" gives no original source citations for its quotes. The one supposedly from Rush is particularly egregious - I dare you to come up with a REAL citattion for that.

Your definition of "REAL and "credible' are different from mine. For example I don't consider Faux credible at all, while that's virtually all you use. Oh, excuse me, you also use KNBC has a source from which you post suspect polls that can't be verified.

The quote in question was one among many of Limbaugh's cited in an excerpt from Jack Huberman's book 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America as viewed on the Huffington Post.

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

"You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

The important thing is the whole country gets to see them "mano a mano" in three official televised debates.

I bet they're busy building that 12" tall box right now for Little John to stand on behind that podium so he appears almost life size compared to Senator Obama!:eek:

And as if being vertically challenged wasn't enough... McBush has to actually talk and respond to questions. LOVIN' IT!!!:D

I hear the McBush camp has asked for a Green Screen behind the candidates featuring images of a Cheese Isle at a grocery store so John will feel comfortable!:) Cheater...

wow you sure won me to Obama with taht McCain is not as tall.....though yes I do know that there is some historical precidence to hight and winner of debates....

And I think McCain will do find with a Debate, he is 10000 times better then Bush is at them, and Bush won somehow....still dont know how all you people that voted for him watched him and said yea he should lead the party...then yea he should lead the nation....sad sad sad

still dont know how all you people that voted for him watched him and said yea he should lead the party...then yea he should lead the nation....sad sad sad

Two reasons, Gore and Kerry... I didn't vote for Bush in '00 because I didn't want him leading the Republican party. I didn't vote for Kerry in '04 because I didn't want him leading the country.

.....of town hall appearances with McCain

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/02/obama-campaign-accepts-3-debates-with-mccain/

......preferring just the standard "debates" of the past, which are only a joint appearance where lib reporters ask each candidate questions. Mano a mano - count the Messiah out. :D
>>>>

You do realize that McCain stacked his town hall meetings with supporters, right? And if you aren't, it's easy enough to look it up. Apparently Obama won't be letting the wrong wing dictate how he will debate. It's fine if some mccain supporters wish to stomp their little feet over that. Whatever works for you.

My dad's bigger than your dad. Well that's what this discussion is like. Do the words of any few liberals or any few conservatives tell us much about the ideals of the group?

By the way that whole list from the Huffington was sourced by them as coming from Media Matters.

I don't doubt any of the ones from Coulter or Savage (though I could be wrong to not doubt them). I only tried to confirm two of them. The Rush quote is found no where except on various blogs (probably all from Media Matters). and the O'reilly strangle quote is equally poorly confirmed.

on Media Matters:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...ity+"media+matters"&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=13&gl=us

Two reasons, Gore and Kerry... I didn't vote for Bush in '00 because I didn't want him leading the Republican party. I didn't vote for Kerry in '04 because I didn't want him leading the country.

with things going well into 2000 I can maybe see voted for a retard Bush becuse whats the worse he could do, but after 4 years of his totaly screwing up evrything I cant see how anyone could think Kerry was worse. I would vote for Nixon the day after watergate , over Bush.

Werbung:
with things going well into 2000 I can maybe see voted for a retard Bush becuse whats the worse he could do, but after 4 years of his totaly screwing up evrything I cant see how anyone could think Kerry was worse. I would vote for Nixon the day after watergate , over Bush.

Do you remember a while back when you stated the constant libelous attacks on Obama were just pushing you closer to his corner? Thats how I felt in '04. The whole Bush-Hitler thing really turned me off to Democrats. They, as a party, drove me away from Kerry with their constant character assassination attempts and reckless use of the war as a political football.

Obama is carrying the same flag, using the same rhetoric and its disgustingly disingenuous. He knows damn well McCain isn't advocating that we, "continue the failed policy of occupation for 100 years", he knows McCain was talking about our continued presence in other liberated countries that go on for decades without casualties, he knows McCain was one of the first people to say we needed the surge which has netted so many positive results (Which Obama opposed, saying it would never work, then after it worked, he's now trying to say he said all along a surge would work) Obama knows all this but still says: "McCain wants us in Iraq for 100 years!" which his loyal bots repeat on command, because they don't know all this.

I'll tell you what... if there was a "None of the above" option that left the job of POTUS empty for the next four years... I bet it would win the election.

Back