Obama cripples US Car Industry

topgun wrote -

A) You predicted what you already read elsewhere, so don't gloat. The Pontiac
was on Obama's hit list.

Are you insane?:) Go way.... way back... and look at my posts. I've said GM would be cutting back to just Chevrolet & Cadillac before anybody else was talking about it. And still it hasn't yet went that far... so I obviously didn't copy anything anybody said.

I simply looked at the situation GM was presented with in the marketplace and their need to have a fast influx of capital through brand sell offs and condensing to fewer self competing nameplates.

B) Senator Obama drove a V8 Hemi-powered Chrysler 300C back in 2007. It emits a whiff of hypocrisy along with its exhaust fumes. He drove SUVs before this gas guzzler.

I've seen many many pics and read several stories on Senator Obama and his black Ford Escape right up to the time he was elected President. But Even if he had a Hemi 300 at some point that actually has a reduction motor that gets pretty good mpg on the highway. Not a great as we want now... but not as terrible as it might appear.

And even that doesn't make much of a difference anyway. There will always be people that can afford to buy & maintain (or are just willing to focus more of their disposable income on) more performance vehicles.

Much to my wife's disdain I'll probably be one of them... I'm a car guy that's willing to devote more to a more sport oriented high dollar vehicle... plus I get a free company Ford Ranger work truck through my company so I don't drive my personal vehicle daily.

What do the Obama's make... like a couple million a year? Sure they could probably drive anything they like. Look at overseas. The vast majority of cars are smaller gas saver types... but there are still big power even big motor cars on the roads there.

The difference is the regular everyday passenger car doesn't have to be a 300HP V8 to be every bit as good at what it does. Making most regular everyday cars fuel efficient just makes perfect sense.

Don't lose your mind... there will still be performance cars!:)

C) Under Obama GM is not making a profit. Under Bush it did.

Not what YOU said?

D) Obama may allow gas to spike upward now that he is president to make his
green cars sell. He's against drilling oil in the US because it will drive
down oil prices and his base will not permit it.

Well he wasn't President last time it did... so going by your failed logic President Bush must have caused the last spike to help the "greenies"!:)

Fact is the US only has a very small fraction of the worlds oil supply even if we drilled everywhere... and oil would still be a finite resource that with the larger its use the more it pollutes. Do we spend a whole, WHOLE lot of money and wait the time it takes (up to 10 years) to just stay where we are? Or do we jump forward like when we went from the horse & buggy or coal powered locomotives?

Seems pretty clear if you look at the history of technology doesn't it...

This is one of those moving forward times. We can make ourselves less dependent on foreign oil and help the environment.

D) Fitzgerald works for Obama now, so do you expect him to speak negatively of Obama.
He will get the boot if he does.

Just as a correction... I made a mistake here and you copied it... GM's CEO's name is actually Fritz Henderson. And I also failed to mention that Hummer was another beast they were going to try sell off... if anyone would buy it.

But looking at what independent car market annalist said today in the paper I can see why Pontiac was cut... and believe me I liked Pontiac... Pontiac was probably my favorite GM brand.

But the research showed that the Pontiac brand originally marketed to the younger crowed with things like the Trans Am, Firebird and GTO had been so blended into the Chevy line it no longer was distinctive enough to compete in it's demographic.

Cadillac is the high luxury end... Chevy is the everyday car right up to NASCAR car... GMC trucks is a truck line... and a lot of older people still relate to the Buick line.

This was all very thoroughly thought out.

President Obama has gotten a lot done attacking this Bush Recession head on. I'm very proud of the guy myself!

Werbung:
Back