Obama did something good

Werbung:
I see your sentiment to an extent.​

However; to me it seems to be more in line with pandering to a specific group.

Isn't it more the pendulum swinging to the other side?
An opposite to him taking a bow to the Saudi Prince?​
BUT ... I am somewhat envious as that is one of those things I would have liked to at least experience once.

I see Obama as being a very calculating when he slips information into the media.

Werbung:
Yep, I can’t believe it either. But Obama did do something that I thought was really good. He held a Passover Seder at the White House. For as much as I dislike this man, I am very happy that he did this. I think it’s the first time a sitting president has had one, and I think it was a really nice thing to do.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1077430.html

For starters I didn't see where anyone on the guest list claims to be Jewish. Second, The two Jewish faith people on staff (that we know about) won't be their, but rather with their families. Third, I agree that I think this is pandering at its best to the Jewish population of this country. Fourth, It will take more to convince our ally Israel that Obama is a friend to Jews. Last it seems like a thank you dinner for staffers that worked out on the trail, and helped get him elected.

I do love how the article says, He promises to show Jews they have an ally. Having a Seder meal does this? How about standing up to Iran he has announced it's desire to wipe a Jewish nation of the map?

I guess it's easier to throw together a dinner party, pander to the Jewish holiday, and go back to turning your back afterward. Don't fall prey to thinking this has anything but political calculation behind it. Not to mention the only Jews to praise this is a Jewish Democrat group!

Back