Obama draws 100,000 in Missouri

Popeye

obamastlouis_Q_20081018135311.jpg

Barack Obama attracted 100,000 people at a Saturday rally here, his biggest crowd ever at a U.S. event.

The crowd assembled under the Gateway Arch on a sunny Saturday afternoon to hear Obama speak about taxes and slam the Republicans on economic issues.

Anybody want to suggest this is because of a free concert?

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/18/obama-rally-draws-100000-in-missouri/?mod=googlenews_wsj

Werbung:
hahah I was just watching this on the news, and I thought of you Popeye. I was going to post about it and how big it was without a free concert. More importantly the state is not a huge commie state and that makes it more impressive :)

"Eat sh_t - a trillion flies can't be wrong." :D

Libsmasher, this is among the top 5 most funny posts I have read at HOP.
Congrats:D
I have a sticker on my outdoor freezer that says "Eat Moose, 40,000 wolves cant be wrong!" But that is a hillarious spin on that one.
I also have my signature line as a sticker on that freezer, also
"Jesus was a Gillnetter"
and my latest that I would imagine some would find irony in.
"Sarah Palin: Hottest Governor From The Coolest State"

Also to comment on the thread, my apologies for going way off topic, but my first question was, who was playing? To suggest that a huge majority of those in attendance were supporters is probably unwise.

Speaking as a small town guy, I wouldnt have even bothered going down there and fighting that crowd. No thanks!

Also to comment on the thread, my apologies for going way off topic, but my first question was, who was playing? To suggest that a huge majority of those in attendance were supporters is probably unwise.

Speaking as a small town guy, I wouldnt have even bothered going down there and fighting that crowd. No thanks!

In Portland with the 80 thousand it was Portlands most popular band. It would have been worth going just for the band.

In Gemany it was two bands and both were apparently bands people liked to hear.

people do the strangest things just because something is free

POPEYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit low balling us you Right Wing tool!:D

It was actually 2 back to back rallies a 100,000 people EACH wasn't it?

No free concert, but after women heard Mr. crack on women's "health" as meaningless John McSame! That noise we're hearing isn't music it's women rushing over to Obama's side in droves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkELRp4wKPs

POPEYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit low balling us you Right Wing tool!:D

It was actually 2 back to back rallies a 100,000 people EACH wasn't it?

No free concert, but after women heard Mr. crack on women's "health" as meaningless John McSame! That noise we're hearing isn't music it's women rushing over to Obama's side in droves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkELRp4wKPs

how many fainters? He lost the fainters for the hottest part of summer but he got a fainter late september at a much smaller event than this.

Are there any reports of new girls fainting over the messiah?

thats funny

I think all those people are crazy or they have had some strong delusion poured out over them

but its fair that this event was the messiah of the liberal left they were coming to see, not a free concert like the last two big events.

I think its fair to say , that people came for Obama at all 3, as no one can even name the so called bands that the people came to see ( and odd how they all had obama stuff on at them)

I think its fair to say , that people came for Obama at all 3, as no one can even name the so called bands that the people came to see ( and odd how they all had obama stuff on at them)

So you think you can just waltz right in here and interject logic into the situation huh?:D

Good point!

Well in Portland, it was The Decemberists. They have drawn rave reviews from Rolling Stone magazine, which gave their 2005 album Picaresque four and a half stars (out of five), and another four and a half stars for 2007's The Crane Wife.

In Germany it was two bands, Reggae artist Patrice and rock band Reamonn. I have never heard of them and have no idea if they are big in Germany, so to that extent, I cannot comment.

Further, wasn't it you TopGun that told us all the other day how Obama volunteers passed out Obama signs when people entered rallies? I would not say that the audience having Obama signs means all that much.

Good point Rob,

But I am still wondering how many fainters he got? A crowd this big must hav produced some fainters? he gets them in small crowds, big crowds and in cold months so you would think he could produce at least one fainter!

Werbung:
So you think you can just waltz right in here and interject logic into the situation huh?:D

Good point!

I should have known better, NoObama does not deal with logic, hence you notice above, still no naming of the bands...becuse we know that 100,000 showed up for the band local coffee shop band that played those shows I bet lol

Back