Obama Economy Crushing Middle Class

GBFan

Nearly half of the new jobs created since 2008 are low-wage jobs, while 80 percent of the jobs destroyed in the government-inflated real-estate bubble were high-wage or medium-wage jobs, according to a new report by the National Employment Law Project.

In effect, almost 2 million well-paid middle-class jobs have been converted into low-wage blue-collar jobs since January 2008, through the five years of President Barack Obama’s economy, according to the report, titled “The Low-Wage Recovery: Industry Employment and Wages Four Years into the Recovery.”

Forty-four percent of the new jobs pay less than $13.33 per hour, while only 30 percent pay more than $20 per hour, said the report, which was produced by a left-wing group, the National Employment Law Project. The remaining 26 percent of new jobs are middle-wage jobs, says the report, which is based on government data.

“Service-providing industries such as food services and drinking places, administrative and support services, and retail trade have led private sector job growth,” says the report, which does not mention Obama or his policies.

“These industries, which pay relatively low wages, accounted for 39 percent of the private sector employment increase over the past four years,” said report, which adds to a recent series of studies and polls showing a steep drop in the number of people who believe they are middle-class.

After four years of slow growth, the number of jobs has returned to the 2008 level, even as the U.S. population grew from 303 million in 2008 to 318 million in 2014, largely because of immigration.

Obama and some GOP leaders are now working to increase the supply of low-wage workers via increased immigration. In Korea last week, at an citizenship event for U.S.soldiers and spouses, Obama threatened to keep pushing for more immigration into his stalled economy, partly by providing a multi-stage amnesty to 11 million illegal immigrants. Most of the illegals are unskilled.

“We’ve got to fix our broken immigration system and pass common-sense immigration reform… I’m going to keep on pushing to get this done this year,” Obama said April 26.

Werbung:
I guess one sure way to increase the middle class is to build a new new lower class under it ... makes perfect sense to me.

Werbung:
I guess one sure way to increase the middle class is to build a new new lower class under it ... makes perfect sense to me.

Or to eliminate or reduce the costs to live, like rents, insurances, utilities etc.

I think when my dad retired, he was making less than what I started out at. He was the sole bread winner, his home and cars paid for, a healthy savings and investments, company pension and retirement fund. He was always frugal, lived within his means, but never did without either.

It just isn't that way today.

Back