Obama Forget to Salute to marine

steveox

Did Obama Forget to Salute?

President may have forgotten something as he boarded Marine One this morning.
On his way to the U.S. Naval Academy graduation ceremony on Annapolis, Md., President Obama didn't return the salute of the marine standing guard at the door of Marine One, as he climbed the steps to the helicopter cabin.

Obama soon ducked his head out, waved to the pilot, and jaunted back down the stairs to address the marine, shaking his hand. In the short video clip, one can't hear the two men talking, so it's unclear what exactly was said. A faint smile appeared to cross the marine's face as the they exchanged brief words.

Obama jogged back up the steps, still not having saluted.

While this exchange may seem to be a military faux pas-Obama typically salutes as he boards Marine One-presidential salutes aren't a fully closed matter. In a 2009 New York Times op-ed, Smithsonian magazine editor and former marine Carey Winfrey identified them as a recent phenomenon, one that evoked mixed feelings from him:

… whenever I saw a president stepping off a helicopter and bringing hand to brow, my drill instructor's unambiguous words came back to me with much of their original force.

And he goes back to apologize to marine. What an ignorant president we have. Not even Nixon ever forgets to salute to marine. But he fell down steps of air force one though. Obama might be the first U.S President to forget to salute to an marine. I rather have a president that doesn't bow to the Chinese, Japanese or to Arabs then not to salute to an marine.

Werbung:
Did Obama Forget to Salute?

President may have forgotten something as he boarded Marine One this morning.
On his way to the U.S. Naval Academy graduation ceremony on Annapolis, Md., President Obama didn't return the salute of the marine standing guard at the door of Marine One, as he climbed the steps to the helicopter cabin.

Obama soon ducked his head out, waved to the pilot, and jaunted back down the stairs to address the marine, shaking his hand. In the short video clip, one can't hear the two men talking, so it's unclear what exactly was said. A faint smile appeared to cross the marine's face as the they exchanged brief words.

Obama jogged back up the steps, still not having saluted.

While this exchange may seem to be a military faux pas-Obama typically salutes as he boards Marine One-presidential salutes aren't a fully closed matter. In a 2009 New York Times op-ed, Smithsonian magazine editor and former marine Carey Winfrey identified them as a recent phenomenon, one that evoked mixed feelings from him:

… whenever I saw a president stepping off a helicopter and bringing hand to brow, my drill instructor's unambiguous words came back to me with much of their original force.

And he goes back to apologize to marine. What an ignorant president we have. Not even Nixon ever forgets to salute to marine. But he fell down steps of air force one though. Obama might be the first U.S President to forget to salute to an marine. I rather have a president that doesn't bow to the Chinese, Japanese or to Arabs then not to salute to an marine.
Why would that POS salute the US military? He has his own private Army with DHS!

If these last two weeks are any indication, Obama is clueless about what's right in front of him.

Werbung:
Back