Obama & Guns

Werbung:
"In the list of thirteen priorities for action in Obama's first year and beyond, jobs and the economy completely predominate. Gun control not only is not on the list, there hasn't even been a whisper of it from the Obama team this year."
....Yet, gun-dealers are running this hustle, one-more-time...... :rolleyes:

"THIS YEAR" would be the key words!

Um... it's gun buyers that are driving sales. Not gun dealers. I too have decided to purchase a fire arm. Haven't seen a sales sign for guns yet. I just want one.

Did everyone notice that the lady Democrat that will be replacing Senator Clinton in the Senate is a big gun rights supporter?

Did everyone notice that Mr. Shaman was wrong or lying? That's what happens when you rely on "Progressive" websites for information:

From the "Urban Policy" section of his agenda posted on WhiteHouse.gov

[Obama and Biden] also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Gun control not only is not on the list, there hasn't even been a whisper of it from the Obama team this year -- Crooks and Liars

I guess that source lives up to their name. :rolleyes:

I have absolutely no use for a gun. Why any of you think you need one is beyond me. I have gotten by for 67 years without one, and don't see why I would ever have needed one.

What I would like to have is way of chasing the deer out my yard, but since I live in a heavily populated sububan area, firing a gun in my neighborhood is not allowed anyhow. In any case, I would probably miss and put a shell into one of my neighbor's homes, which would reduce my popularity with my neighbors very rapidly.

I have absolutely no use for a gun. Why any of you think you need one is beyond me. I have gotten by for 67 years without one, and don't see why I would ever have needed one.

What I would like to have is way of chasing the deer out my yard, but since I live in a heavily populated sububan area, firing a gun in my neighborhood is not allowed anyhow.
I'm a resident of Northern Central PA (HUGE hunting & fishing country).

A lot-of-us figure.....if you need a 30-round clip, for hunting, it'd be best to consider some other outlet. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'd like to see all larger-game hunting limited to muzzle-loaders.​

"One shot is what it's all about; a deer has to be taken with one shot." -- Michael (Robert De Niro); "The Deer Hunter"​

What I would like to have is way of chasing the deer out my yard, but since I live in a heavily populated sububan area, firing a gun in my neighborhood is not allowed anyhow. In any case, I would probably miss and put a shell into one of my neighbor's homes, which would reduce my popularity with my neighbors very rapidly.

I understand what you are saying. I for instance took my guns out of the house for most of the time my kids were growing up just because I didn't want the extra responsibility.

However (AND ALL MY GUN LOVING FRIENDS IN HERE PLEASE NOTE OLD LIBERAL top gun IS SAYING THIS!) :D

There is a right for law abiding mentally stable Americans to own guns. Many people get a lot of enjoyment from the shooting sports & hunting. And guns can be good protection in certain circumstances.

That's why President Obama (a former Constitutional Law Professor) is in agreement with an individuals gun ownership.

P.S. I still liked your humor at the end... that shooting up your neighbors house might make you less popular! That's priceless!:D

iconatore8980ee683c15f1sl9.gif

There has been a frenzy of gun buying since the election. The AR type guns almost can't be found. This is due to the reinstating of the gun ban. Some of the more paranoid types are also stocking up on ammo. As there has been talk of restrictions or heavy taxes on new ammo. Got all the gun forums going nuts.

A lot-of-us figure.....if you need a 30-round clip, for hunting, it'd be best to consider some other outlet. :rolleyes:

Wonder of wonders, I actually agree with something you said, Mr. Shaman!:eek:

Northern Central PA is beautiful country--I've spent some time there staying in Renovo and going by day up to the Leidy area because they've got some big gas storage fields and stations. Kettle Creek's a glorious area.

Who would buy a 30 round clip for hunting? I'm sure the 30 round clip IS for another outlet.

The second amendment isn't about hunting.

"In the list of thirteen priorities for action in Obama's first year and beyond, jobs and the economy completely predominate. Gun control not only is not on the list, there hasn't even been a whisper of it from the Obama team this year."
From the White House website, where this language appeared approx. four hours after President Obama was sworn in:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

That language was on Obama's webiste for months before Jan. 20. But it's true that the Obama campaign team never "whispered about it" - they knew that such unpopular and unconstitutional stands would lose them votes by the millions.

And that's without even considering the sheer futitlity of the things promised.

For one thing, there's no such thing as a "gun show loophole".

What there is, is one remaining sliver of freedom from Federal intrusion and restriction on our right to own guns: private sales, whether at a gun show or not. No different from your selling your lawnmower to your neighbor or selling a Nintendo on Ebay. Well, maybe one difference: The Constitution doesn't explicitly ban the Fed govt from restricting your selling your lawnmower or video game. But it does ban any restrictions on your selling your .45ACP or AR-15... a ban that the Obama administration is saying loud and clear, it will violate.

As for the promise of "reasonable restrictions": It's already illegal for criminals and children to own guns. Obama seems to be promising to do MORE to keep guns away from them. But it's abundantly clear that making laws, doesn't work - criminals simply ignore them, while only law-abiding people obey them.

So what, exactly, is Pres. Obama telling us when he promises "commonsense measure that keep guns away from children and criminals"? Making more laws that ban criminals from owning guns, will change nothing. All he can do, is take guns away from the law-abiding. Is that the "new" idea he's considering?

If I'd been part of the Obama team, I wouldn't let out a whisper about that, either.

From the White House website, where this language appeared approx. four hours after President Obama was sworn in:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

That language was on Obama's webiste for months before Jan. 20. But it's true that the Obama campaign team never "whispered about it" - they knew that such unpopular and unconstitutional stands would lose them votes by the millions.

And that's without even considering the sheer futitlity of the things promised.

For one thing, there's no such thing as a "gun show loophole".

What there is, is one remaining sliver of freedom from Federal intrusion and restriction on our right to own guns: private sales, whether at a gun show or not. No different from your selling your lawnmower to your neighbor or selling a Nintendo on Ebay. Well, maybe one difference: The Constitution doesn't explicitly ban the Fed govt from restricting your selling your lawnmower or video game. But it does ban any restrictions on your selling your .45ACP or AR-15... a ban that the Obama administration is saying loud and clear, it will violate.

As for the promise of "reasonable restrictions": It's already illegal for criminals and children to own guns. Obama seems to be promising to do MORE to keep guns away from them. But it's abundantly clear that making laws, doesn't work - criminals simply ignore them, while only law-abiding people obey them.

So what, exactly, is Pres. Obama telling us when he promises "commonsense measure that keep guns away from children and criminals"? Making more laws that ban criminals from owning guns, will change nothing. All he can do, is take guns away from the law-abiding. Is that the "new" idea he's considering?

If I'd been part of the Obama team, I wouldn't let out a whisper about that, either.

Great post!

as for the part where he is going to keep guns away from kids.

He will probably try to do what he tried to do in his home state.

No gun shop can operate within 5 miles from a school. Go anyplace.....there is always a school so that runs out the gun stores.

and his other bill he voted for was only retired police can have concealed carry permits.

of course he will do this while respecting the Second Amendment <---joke!

Werbung:
Who would buy a 30 round clip for hunting? I'm sure the 30 round clip IS for another outlet.

Personally I often times use a 30round magazine for hunting. It is a Ruger 10/22.

But so what? If I want to shoot targets and coffee cans with multiple rounds, what does that matter? I havent had a speeding ticket in 9 years, much less ever been arrested. There is no reason to restrict me from owning one.

Back