Obama: Imposing socialized medicine just a step in the right direction

Little-Acorn

I've said elsewhere that we are in a frightening time, now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country, against the will of the people. Many of them will now be voted out of office, and they know it. So why shouldn't they take over more and more, between now and the November elections? What more do they have to lose?

President Barack Obama backed up this idea last night, shortly after the vote to impose socialized medicine. He called it a victory (no surprise), and then mentioned that it was just a step in the right direction.

To me, that means that he and the other extreme-left Democrats intend more steps for us.

What's next? Amnesty for illegal aliens whose only common characteristic is their disdain for our laws? Nationalizing the banking system, as he's nationalized parts of the insurance and automobile industries?

What's to stop these Dem extremists? We can't vote them out twice, and they know it.

----------------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9EJEN8O3&show_article=1

Obama: Health care bill a victory for Americans

Mar 22 12:01 AM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says the health care legislation passed Sunday night by the House is "a victory for the American people" and "a victory for common sense."

The bill "will not solve every problem" in the health care system, Obama says, but "moves us in the right direction."

Werbung:
I don't think many people understand what they are willing...

2pq89w0.jpg

I've said elsewhere that we are in a frightening time, now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country, against the will of the people.
Yeah....the Status Quo makes soooooooooooooooo much "sense"!!

:rolleyes:

"Average healthcare costs for U.S. employers rose by 7.3 percent in 2009, surpassing inflation and the growth rate in overall healthcare spending, Thomson Reuters reported on Monday.

Overall U.S. healthcare spending, including Medicare, Medicaid, and other payers, grew by 4.8 percent in 2009, the report found.

"In a year when inflation was non-existent, employer healthcare costs continued to surge," Chris Justice of the Healthcare & Science business of Thomson Reuters, who wrote the report, said in a statement.

"This analysis puts the real-world healthcare challenges facing employers into perspective. These cost increases have come at a particularly difficult time for U.S. companies."

I've said elsewhere that we are in a frightening time, now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country, against the will of the people. Many of them will now be voted out of office, and they know it. So why shouldn't they take over more and more, between now and the November elections? What more do they have to lose?

President Barack Obama backed up this idea last night, shortly after the vote to impose socialized medicine. He called it a victory (no surprise), and then mentioned that it was just a step in the right direction.

To me, that means that he and the other extreme-left Democrats intend more steps for us.

What's next? Amnesty for illegal aliens whose only common characteristic is their disdain for our laws? Nationalizing the banking system, as he's nationalized parts of the insurance and automobile industries?

What's to stop these Dem extremists? We can't vote them out twice, and they know it.

----------------------------------------

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9EJEN8O3&show_article=1

Obama: Health care bill a victory for Americans

Mar 22 12:01 AM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says the health care legislation passed Sunday night by the House is "a victory for the American people" and "a victory for common sense."

The bill "will not solve every problem" in the health care system, Obama says, but "moves us in the right direction."

He's right that it won't solve every problem. Whether he's right that it moves us in the right direction I'm not sure.

Say, Acorn, what is your definition of "socialized medicine"? Mine is the system that they have in Spain, where the doctors actually work for the government. Somehow, I seriously doubt that there is anything like that anywhere in that 2,000 page monstrosity that the House just passed.

but, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe doctors will be government employees if the bill passes the Senate.

He's right that it won't solve every problem. Whether he's right that it moves us in the right direction I'm not sure.

Say, Acorn, what is your definition of "socialized medicine"? Mine is the system that they have in Spain, where the doctors actually work for the government. Somehow, I seriously doubt that there is anything like that anywhere in that 2,000 page monstrosity that the House just passed.

but, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe doctors will be government employees if the bill passes the Senate.

who will decide how much they get paid ? used to be partly uncle sam, partly states and the rest the marketplace. if this passses and becomes (and more significantly remains) law, its all uncle. its all the control that matters.

Next up? Amnesty for illegals....just in time for midterms so Dems can garner votes by "proving that Republicans hate Hispanics", too!

"now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country"

That's a lie. The Democrats passed a health insurance reform bill. There was no "socialized medicine" in any part of it. What a dimwit to keep repeating that Republican lie over and over.

This is rather confusing to me in that the Republicans have some of their input in this new bill as well. Both parties worked on this. Then, the Republicans (as I understand) voted against their own input. This is a new process which will have to be massaged over a period of time before we get it right. I am an Independent, therefore, I look at all aspects of this crazy political arena. Who cares about the November elections. We should consider all the pros and cons - of which, we do not know at this time. Time will tell. When I look at the political news I hear various terms of "The Sky is Falling!" Best thing to do is see what happens. We can speculate continuously but as I stated above, we really don't know everything about it yet. When we finally see the advantages or repercussions of this bill it will be time to react.

who will decide how much they get paid ? used to be partly uncle sam, partly states and the rest the marketplace. if this passses and becomes (and more significantly remains) law, its all uncle. its all the control that matters.

How much the providers get paid? That has been negotiated between the providers and the insurance companies. It probably still will be, don't you think? Is there really something in the bill that allows the feds to decide unilaterally how much is paid for what? I seriously doubt that.

"I've said elsewhere that we are in a frightening time, now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country, against the will of the people."

What's truly frightening is the rank stupidity of individuals that keep post the lie about socialized medicine. It was insurance reform. You can keep posting your lie for months and months, and only the ignorant, such as yourself will believe it.

"I've said elsewhere that we are in a frightening time, now that Democrats have imposed Socialized Medicine on the country, against the will of the people."

What's truly frightening is the rank stupidity of individuals that keep post the lie about socialized medicine. It was insurance reform. You can keep posting your lie for months and months, and only the ignorant, such as yourself will believe it.
Where's the Insurance Reform? The only insurance reofrm I see is pre-exisiting conditions and no limits on caps.

What about across state lines. What about individual ownership of insurance.

Wait... wait.. those were Republican ideas.

If this bill was only about Insurance Reform, then why is there so much money being given to medical centers who will take care of abortions?

If this bill was only about insurace Reform, then why is the IRS having to hire 16k more employees?

If this bill was only about insurance Reform, then why is the govt going to create over 200 new beuracracies?

Because it's not about insurance reform. Insurance reofrm is the mask that was put on this thing to demonize insurance companies.

It's simply about control.

No one has mentioned why the Fu!! the Student Loan Program was part of this. That's right, the dems needed to show that money in the bill to try and balance the numbers. Tell me again. What does Student Loans have to do with Insurance Reform.

You democrats really think that the truth won't come out. It's hideous what's in this bill as Insurance Reform.

OK...So specifically which of these horrible things (that our now the law of the land) do you guys oppose?

1. Children not being refused hc insurance due to pre-existing condition?
2. New small business tax credits for offering hc coverage to employees?
3. Insurance companies can no longer drop you because you were irresponsible enough to get sick?

Think of how many more reforms could have been added...like tort reform...if the GOP had not decided to "Take their ball & go home like spoiled children?"

OK...So specifically which of these horrible things (that our now the law of the land) do you guys oppose?

3. Insurance companies can no longer drop you because you were irresponsible enough to get sick?

Think of how many more reforms could have been added...like tort reform...if the GOP had not decided to "Take their ball & go home like spoiled children?"
Who said those things were horrible.

What about taking money from Medicare. You know, money that has been paid in and is going to be needed for those people.

What about forcing employers to insure part-time workers.

It's not the good stuff in the bill... it's the bad stuff that's in the bill.

Let's be smart about this.

They could have crafted a bill which targeted specific things. Hell.. they had a whole year.
Instead they have a massive bill with so much other things that have nothing to do with lowering costs at all.

Remember, conservatives and independents were in favor of making incremental changes. They could have started with

A. Pre-existing conditions
B. cleaning up Fraud.

Once they proved themselves to be competent in doing those two. Tackle a few more.

Why in the hell do you progressives put so much faith in the govt? What have they done to warrant it.

Is the country better off than it was a year ago. Let's see, we're further in debt and the jobless numbers are higher.

The answers need to come from the governed.. not those that govern them.

Americans by 9 percentage points have a favorable view of the health care overhaul that President Obama signed into law Tuesday, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds, a notable turnaround from surveys before the vote that showed a plurality against it.

By 49%-40% those surveyed say it was "a good thing" rather than a bad one that Congress passed the bill. Half describe their reaction in positive terms, as "enthusiastic" or "pleased," while about four in 10 describe it in negative ways, as "disappointed" or "angry."

The largest single group, 48%, calls the bill "a good first step" that should be followed by more action on health care. An additional 4% also have a favorable view, saying the bill makes the most important changes needed in the nation's health care system

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-03-23-health-poll-favorable_N.htm

Werbung:

You have to marvel at the futility of these people, ignoring the real issues and presenting only a few things as our only possible choices. As though no one would call them on such blatant flummery.

Sort of like a guy who robs a bank and shoots a guard and two innocent bystanders. Then on the way out he hands a little of the money to a guy on crutches and a homeless guy. When the cops catch him, he demands, "Which thing do you oppose? Giving money to a guy on crutches, or giving money to a homeless guy?"

But, what do you expect from an amoral thief who thinks he can get away with any lawbreaking and diversion?

Republicans did present tort reform, again and again. Democrats bottled it up in committee and/or wouldn't let it onto the floor, every time.

Tell me again who was acting "like spoiled children"?

Back