1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama in perfect health

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, May 29, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

The Obama campaign released a letter from his doctor today detailing a man who is in perfect health. This stands in sharp contrast to the cancer prone geriatric John McCain

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/05/obamas_doctor_hes_lean_and_mus.php

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    yawn...Like I am going to change all my positions on issues over health reports one way or the other...." I was pro life, but I voted Pro choice just becuse I think he was healthy :)

( no I am not actuly pro life)

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

You might not change your positions, but it might give you pause about voting for a particular candidate. Particularly if, like with McCain, there were significant health and age issues which make a completion of his first term an iffy proposition.

BTW, glad to hear you are not pro life, women have the right to reproductive freedom.

4. Bunz

Bunz New Member

We all know there is much hoopla over McCains health and his secretive nature of his medical situation. Instead of flying in a bunch of reporters to look at the documents and try to interpret them in a short period of time etc, all the American people want is a reassurance such as in the form of a doctors note that he isnt going to keel over imminently.

For touting the straight talk express, McCain sure is being coy over his health and his finances.

5. ilikeboobs

ilikeboobs Member

No offense, but who cares.
    I'm with Pocket - who really votes for someone because they're healthy or not? FDR was a fricken polio-crippled putz, but no one cared. His BRAIN still worked.

Too bad Bush doesn't have the same luck. I rule.

And, I'm pro-life. I don't think there's any right written in the constitution that says women can kill their children. Figured i throw it in there since everyone else is doing it!

6. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Should we really take a chance on a coke druggie? What if he relapses?

7. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

...you seriously have this garbage put in your papers!! Oh dear lord this from the world's superpower.... How can you take elections seriously.....

8. Here We Go

Here We Go New Member

You are so right . . . it is garbage isn't it? It's enough to get some people to start smoking again.[​IMG]

9. all_arm

all_arm New Member

like yr boy dubya? you do like dubya, don't you, being such a brilliant crusader for the libsmooching movement?

let me, as a young person, enlighten your sheltered little right-wing mind on something-- in 20 or 30 years, we will NEVER have another president who has not experimented with what are currently "illegal" drugs, nor will we ever have a president who denies it. past drug use has zero effect on one's cognitive function and thus no bearing on one's fitness for the office.

the drug war iz dum, period. but that's another discussion.

10. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

A ghetto boy crack smoker for prez. :) What next - Michael Moore as king of england? :D

11. all_arm

all_arm New Member

[​IMG]

12. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    Bush....the Drunk the Cocain head?

13. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Hey we can always go with a cancer prone old man who finished in the bottom 1%( 894/899) of his class at the Naval Academy and has voted with Bush 100% of the time in 2008.

Obama is young with new ideas, McCain is old with the same corresponding old ideas. It's time for a change.

14. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

McCain served in the military with distinction, and received the Silver Star, Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Distinguished Flying Cross, and Navy Commendation Medal.

The "fresh ideas" Obama supporter mantra remains as stupid as the first time it was said - in essence, Obama's statist ideas go back to the 1930s.

15. all_arm

all_arm New Member

are we thinking of the same 1930's? the decade where "statism" saved the american economy?

that's different, of course, from the last 7 years of corporate payoffs and warrantless wiretapping, which aren't statism, because libsmoocher says so.