Obama job approval up to 67%

God grant me the strength to change what I can, the tranquility to accept what I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

The big government express train has been on its way and gathering speed for quite a while, now. You can try to lasso it if you want.

Someone has to protest this, for the last 8 years many did and now its worse but less are protesting.

It’s my patriotic duty, dissent is the most patriotic thing you can do, remember :)

Werbung:
Someone has to protest this, for the last 8 years many did and now its worse but less are protesting.

It’s my patriotic duty, dissent is the most patriotic thing you can do, remember :)

Well one good thing... Caribou Barbie JUST stepped down as Governor of Alaska.

Is there yet another Republicant scandal brewing? :rolleyes:

I broke the news on the HOP... thread is up... post away!

Well one good thing... Caribou Barbie JUST stepped down as Governor of Alaska.

Is there yet another Republicant scandal brewing? :rolleyes:

I broke the news on the HOP... thread is up... post away!

It's more likely that she was tired of all the crap she was getting from the Democrats.

I wouldn't want to subject myself and my family to the abuse we give high profile pols, would you?

It's more likely that she was tired of all the crap she was getting from the Democrats.

I wouldn't want to subject myself and my family to the abuse we give high profile pols, would you?

What crap? It's all based on fact...the dumb broad didn't even know South Africa was a country, nor could she name a single publication that she had read and claimed to have foreign policy experience because she could see Russia from her house....on and on and on. She's just not very bright, not to mention a documented liar....oh, and did you check out her odd rambling statement this afternoon?

Any perceived abuse, and I don't think there has been any, she brought on herself.

Wow that's a cop out!

So you're saying that the person the Republicants picked to be the possible leader of this country was so weak that "bad press" caused her to fold up shop and run? WOW!

And as far as wanting to take "abuse"... first... politics is a rough and tumble place so I'd know that going in, not bail on my state mid term. Secondly... what's the sudden thing that put this terrible pressure over the edge?

She was back in her home state as GOVERNOR. She was the head person in her state.

If there's a problem it's that she had more to hide than she's been letting on and it was about to break if she didn't step down.

It will be interesting what comes out in the next few weeks. But if it's what I think it is it was the state Republicants forcing her out. If that's the case the deal may have been if she ducked out they wouldn't embarrass her... so we may not find out quite as quick.

Wow that's a cop out!

So you're saying that the person the Republicants picked to be the possible leader of this country was so weak that "bad press" caused her to fold up shop and run? WOW!

And as far as wanting to take "abuse"... first... politics is a rough and tumble place so I'd know that going in, not bail on my state mid term. Secondly... what's the sudden thing that put this terrible pressure over the edge?

She was back in her home state as GOVERNOR. She was the head person in her state.

If there's a problem it's that she had more to hide than she's been letting on and it was about to break if she didn't step down.

It will be interesting what comes out in the next few weeks. But if it's what I think it is it was the state Republicants forcing her out. If that's the case the deal may have been if she ducked out they wouldn't embarrass her... so we may not find out quite as quick.

No, it's not a cop out. You have to be a real glutton for punishment to run for office in this country, and you have to be willing to subject your family to that same punishment. I don't blame her at all for wanting to get out. She can probably make more money outside of the governor's office anyway.

I could be wrong, of course, and there could be some skeleton in her closet that is ready to fall out. One thing I am sure of, however, is that you personally believe the worst of her because she is a Republican. If she had a D after her name, you would jump to her defense. You can tell us that isn't so, but, then, we've read your other posts.

Not true Top Gun.

I can not speak for anyone else but my own self. I complained for the whole 8 years when Bush spent like a liberal. I always said he was better than the alternative but that he was no conservative.

I praise Bush in these things....

He is pro life without exception
He is pro family and marriage
He is pro military
He doesn’t care how hard he is pushed or how bad he is made fun of, if he thinks he is truly right he stays the course....unlike Clinton who waved like a feather in the wind with the polls.

But I was against Bush in

The death Penalty (unlike most conservatives)
Spending like a liberal in a hundred areas
I thought giving money for aids research was nice but to give more than Clinton gave in 8 years and all in one day??? That was dumb! He was trying to buy liberal support and it backfired, no matter how liberal he acted he was never going to be treated decent by one of them.

I have only been on this forum for the last year or so and I don’t see conservatives defending Bush on spending, I don’t even see republicans defending Bush on spending. Go back and read what the various posts were about the “stim” package Bush did, no one liked it...Lib’s hated it because it came from Bush and republicans and conservatives hated it because it was stupid. The banks bail out was the same.

Pandora - great job separating the person from the issues...too many people want to love or hate the person when they should be taking each issue and voicing their support or concerns. When you do that, it is easier to see if any one political leader is doing their job for the citizens.

Pandora - great job separating the person from the issues...too many people want to love or hate the person when they should be taking each issue and voicing their support or concerns. When you do that, it is easier to see if any one political leader is doing their job for the citizens.

Oh thank you. That was very nice of you to say.

No, it's not a cop out. You have to be a real glutton for punishment to run for office in this country, and you have to be willing to subject your family to that same punishment. I don't blame her at all for wanting to get out. She can probably make more money outside of the governor's office anyway.

I could be wrong, of course, and there could be some skeleton in her closet that is ready to fall out. One thing I am sure of, however, is that you personally believe the worst of her because she is a Republican. If she had a D after her name, you would jump to her defense. You can tell us that isn't so, but, then, we've read your other posts.

Well good people can disagree.:)

I'll start from the bottom and work up see if I can straighten this out a little.

Would I like Sarah Palin more if she had a D after her name? Probably. I'd look at her as a teammate.

Would I be able to defend the things she's said if they were equally off base and weak. I know I couldn't. I'd have been doing just what the McCain camp did for awhile and just not let her speak. She was pretty and friendly keep her off anything substantive.

Skeleton in her closet? Even with a new ethics violation report that's leaked soon to be out I'm actually starting to think... not so much. I mean there's technical stuff that she's probably done but I think it's probably mostly trivial.

After hearing a bunch from a lot of sources and a little time has passed I'm pretty much in full agreement with Bunz... she's doing it for the money. She wants the money. She can't collect it for personal use while in office. That seems pretty simple to understand as her main reason.

Cop out? Sure it is. It's either cop or ignorant going in, you chose. I'm going with cop out because I don't think Palin was politically ignorant. She new what came with the territory. She lost the big promotion and so she bailed on her last half a term at her former job because the money was better someplace else.

That's truly how I feel. I think she'll be a great speaker & fund raiser for the Right and would do extremely well in a talk show like Huckabee is now doing. Seriously.

I'll start from the bottom and work up see if I can straighten this out a little.

Would I like Sarah Palin more if she had a D after her name? Probably. I'd look at her as a teammate.

Would I be able to defend the things she's said if they were equally off base and weak. I know I couldn't. I'd have been doing just what the McCain camp did for awhile and just not let her speak. She was pretty and friendly keep her off anything substantive.

Skeleton in her closet? Even with a new ethics violation report that's leaked soon to be out I'm actually starting to think... not so much. I mean there's technical stuff that she's probably done but I think it's probably mostly trivial.

After hearing a bunch from a lot of sources and a little time has passed I'm pretty much in full agreement with Bunz... she's doing it for the money. She wants the money. She can't collect it for personal use while in office. That seems pretty simple to understand as her main reason.

Cop out? Sure it is. It's either cop or ignorant going in, you chose. I'm going with cop out because I don't think Palin was politically ignorant. She new what came with the territory. She lost the big promotion and so she bailed on her last half a term at her former job because the money was better someplace else.

That's truly how I feel. I think she'll be a great speaker & fund raiser for the Right and would do extremely well in a talk show like Huckabee is now doing. Seriously.

for the sake of argument if I was a D ( on the national level I would be called this maybe, but have voted green and reform party more then D) as the IP has no natinal party right now ( working on that) I would be more against her if she had a D after her....idiots on your own side I hate more, becuse they drag you down with them and make you look bad.

I dont hate her for being a R..I have R's that I like...I hate her for being who she is overall

If good people didn't disagree, then these forums would be no fun.

One big way in which our political philosophies differ is in the idea that there are "teams" called Democrats and Republicans, and so we need to root for one or another. I think we'd be better off with either more parties, or no parties at all. Most of the time, I'll agree with the Libertarians, but then, they don't have a lot of power and they do have a couple of rotten planks in their platform.

Just not as many as the Republicans or Democrats do.

If she is quitting because of that half million lawyer fee thingy, then that is no cop out. She has to pay her bills, after all. If it is because of some skeleton that is about to fall out of the closet, then maybe it is.

And yes, she can probably make a bundle as a fund raiser, talk show host, lobbyist, or something else. If she were to raise that kind of cash as governor, it would not be legal or ethical, most likely.

Hey Popeye, here are todays polls. Best so far

can you post the other polls you are going by? please :)

Overall, 49% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove. It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. President Obama’s numbers are always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That’s because some of the President’s most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote.

obama_index_july_26_2009.jpg

The President is now seen as politically liberal by 76%. That’s up six points from a month ago, 11 points since he was elected, and the highest total to date. Forty-eight percent (48%) now see him as Very Liberal, up 20 points since he was elected (Premium Members can see trends and crosstabs.)

The President is now seen as politically liberal by 76%. That’s up six points from a month ago, 11 points since he was elected, and the highest total to date. Forty-eight percent (48%) now see him as Very Liberal, up 20 points since he was elected (Premium Members can see trends and crosstabs.)

Does that mean that 24% of the voters see Obama as a conservative? That must be more than thought Bush was a conservative.

Werbung:
I doubt it, I would think moderate or just regular democrat
I dont think anyone would consider him conservative

today zogby has a poll that is worse than the one I posted.

That could be.

I don't think Obama is as liberal as his opponents painted him to be, nor as liberal as some of his supporters hoped he would be.

So, that could make him a "moderate" by some standards.

Back