Obama key to promoting gun ownership

PLC1

Staff member
Perhaps inadvertently...

Gun sales surge across US after Newtown amid fears of crackdown

Handgun sales are up substantially and modern sporting rifles are up astronomically," he said after a few days when his shop, Northwest Armory, was packed with buyers sizing up the most popular pistol in the US, the Glock, and the military-style AR-15 assault rifle, which also comes with a pink stock for women. "The people you see are twofold. There are first-time buyers who are in fear of what the future will bring. But most of what you saw is people hedging their bets that there might be a political policy put forward by the liberal side of the government."

this after Obama was named gun salesman of the year by the Washington Times:
The Obama years have proved to be a boon to the nation’s gun industry, which has posted strong gains in jobs, sales, economic impact and taxes paid in the teeth of an economic downturn.

Now, who is the real supporter of the Second Amendment?

Werbung:
????

How does that follow?

Are people spending so much on guns that they are now in poverty?

You said that O's policies caused people to buy more guns so he supports guns.
Therefore: O's policies cause people to be in poverty so he supports poverty.

And yes both are equally silly.

You said that O's policies caused people to buy more guns so he supports guns.
Therefore: O's policies cause people to be in poverty so he supports poverty.

And yes both are equally silly.
Seems like a pretty loose connection.
and I didn't say Obama's policies were causing people to buy guns. I said that people's perception of Obama cause them to want to purchase more guns.
and they do.

and I didn't say Obama's policies were causing people to buy guns. I said that people's perception of Obama cause them to want to purchase more guns.
and they do.

nope, its the policies as that's the mechanism for implementing his agenda

Is it his agenda, then, to promote gun ownership?

I believe it is his agenda to limit guns - a misguided agenda. People purchasing more guns based on their perceptions of his agenda or as a realistic response to his agenda is one of those pesky unintended consequences.

When it comes to incrased poverty I do have my doubts that obama wants less people accepting welfare.

When it comes to incrased poverty I do have my doubts that obama wants less people accepting welfare.

You know that's exactly what he wants. Obama and his party is all about pitting the races and classes against each other and keeping as many people on the government dole as possible and dependent on Democrat politicans. It's their way of securing power. Seems to be working too.

You know that's exactly what he wants. Obama and his party is all about pitting the races and classes against each other and keeping as many people on the government dole as possible and dependent on Democrat politicans. It's their way of securing power. Seems to be working too.

That may be true. But so far other than the theories of the right which may just be wishful thinking we have not seen a whole lot of evidence to support that idea. I would be interested in seeing a thread on that so evidence could be offered.

Werbung:
and they do.
You are correct..Every where I look on the hunting web sights have add's saying things like..THE FIVE GUNS YOU SHOULD OWN BEFORE THEY ARE BANNED!

Back