Obama Kicks Off Gay Games

GBFan

(CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama made a surprise video appearance at the opening ceremonies of the International Gay Games in Cleveland on Saturday.
“You should know that the United States stands with you and for your human rights, just as our athletes stand with you on the field in these games,” Obama told those gathered in a videotaped message.

“Since 1982 the Gay Games have given Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender athletes and supporters around the world a chance to come together to compete, celebrate, and inspire others. It’s been remarkable to see the games thrive over the years,” Obama said.

“We’ve also seen America change in that time. Even since 2006, when the games were last held in the United States in my hometown of Chicago.”

“We’ve come a long way in our commitment to the equal rights of LGBT people here and around the world. I’m proud of my administration’s record and of the citizens who’ve helped to push for justice. And I know some of you have come from places where it requires courage, even defiance to come out, sometimes at great personal risk," he added.

“The very idea of America is that no matter who you are, what you look like, where you come from, or who you love, you can make it if you try. That’s who we are, and that’s who we should continually strive to be. But we’re also a country that loves competition, so let’s get these games underway,” the president concluded.

-------------------------

Like the President, I stand with you .... but I sure as hell won't stand in front of you!!

Werbung:
Back