obama no Reagan, JFK

Libsmasher

The ghetto organizer does a whirlwind world tour, to show he has "foreign policy credentials". If that's all it takes, I could be prez, since I've been to about 25 countries. :D His attempt to make a speech at the Brandenberg Gate is particulary laughable: an attempted silly-ass self parody stealing a page from JFK's and Reagan's historic speeches at the Berlin wall. The Germans, having a certain amount of dignity, turned the G.O. down, not wanting to be the host for such a farce.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/200...ind-“appropriate”-location-for-germany-visit/

Werbung:
The ghetto organizer does a whirlwind world tour, to show he has "foreign policy credentials". If that's all it takes, I could be prez, since I've been to about 25 countries. :D His attempt to make a speech at the Brandenberg Gate is particulary laughable: an attempted silly-ass self parody stealing a page from JFK's and Reagan's historic speeches at the Berlin wall. The Germans, having a certain amount of dignity, turned the G.O. down, not wanting to be the host for such a farce.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/200...ind-“appropriate”-location-for-germany-visit/

AU CONTRAIRE... PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA WILL BE VERY REMINISANT OF THE LATE GREAT PRESIDENT KENNEDY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3mOyuJvX8U

Because America can seriously take no more of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zdBseMITnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbpfMWdPMQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UxCWmxdZg0

AU CONTRAIRE... PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA WILL BE VERY REMINISANT OF THE LATE GREAT PRESIDENT KENNEDY!
Good speech writers have nothing to do with actually policy.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

In contrast to that, Obama believes that the federal government should provide health care for everyone.

The only thing Obama believes you should do for your country, is vote for him and his party. You cannot be a REAL American unless you do.

Where they are alike, is there complete ineptitude for foreign policy. The bay of pigs failure was a black eye but Obama will leave us bloody and begging for mercy at the hands of Dictators.

"Iran is not a serious threat to this country." Then 2 days later: "I have always said Iran poses a grave threat to this country."

But thats not seen by the Bots as a flip flop, thats written off as an "adjustment" of position. Never mind that he caters his message to whomever he's speaking to on that particular day and unapologetically changes position based on his audience, We all Know McCain is the REAL flip-flopper.... Hes the one with an (R) and shares a party affiliation with Bush (which TOTALLY makes them identical in the world of simpletonville).

- Kennedy cut taxes and spurred the economy - Obama has promised to raise taxes.

- Kennedy manfully stood up to the soviet union again and again - the greatest threat ever faced by the US. Obama is an appeaser who won't do much more than "talk" to everyone. Every dictator in the world is salivating at the possibility of an Obama victory - they know that means they will have a free pass for at least four years to do anything they want.

- Kennedy was for equal rights - Obama will institutionalize anti-white racist discrimination.

- Kennedy, like McCain, was a war hero. Obama never served his country in the military, and is hopelessly unqualified to be in charge of it.

- Kennedy never supported abortion, and Obama probably would sign an infanticide bill, likely if the dems continue their control of congress.

Comparing the ghetto boy to JFK is hillariously stupid. :D

Obama is NO JFK.

- Kennedy cut taxes and spurred the economy - Obama has promised to raise taxes.

- Kennedy manfully stood up to the soviet union again and again - the greatest threat ever faced by the US. Obama is an appeaser who won't do much more than "talk" to everyone. Every dictator in the world is salivating at the possibility of an Obama victory - they know that means they will have a free pass for at least four years to do anything they want.

- Kennedy was for equal rights - Obama will institutionalize anti-white racist discrimination.

- Kennedy, like McCain, was a war hero. Obama never served his country in the military, and is hopelessly unqualified to be in charge of it.

- Kennedy never supported abortion, and Obama probably would sign an infanticide bill, likely if the dems continue their control of congress.

Comparing the ghetto boy to JFK is hillariously stupid. :D

Obama is NO JFK.

I think everyone realizes that with a Democrat in the White House this country showed a surplus and was not quagmired in long term foreign military occupations virtually alone all based on cooking the books and lying.

Now we face an economy killing Borrow & Spend Republican Deficit! America is way past ready for change.

President Obama will have a lot of work to do but he's relatively young a great communicator that inspires people and he's very smart. Turning this mess around will not be easy but he's up to the job... much like JFK!

Kennedy was more conservative than McCain is. If Kennedy were alive the Liberals would spit on him and call him a right wing nut job! Probably blame him for 911 and global warming!

Exactly. Kennedy was one of the greatest presidents ever. His democrat predecessor, Harry Truman, was great too. Democrat presidents started going down hill with Lyndon Johnson.

And that's one of the things that just scares the crap out of me!

Bay of Pigs anyone?

Cuban Missile Crisis anyone?

Overthrow and assassination of President Diem of S. Vietnam?

Overthrow of the Iraqi government under General Abdel Karim Kassem which led to the eventual rise of Saddam Hussein (and the problems we're dealing with TODAY).

Alliance of Progress anyone? Thanks to the Kennedy administrations interference in S. America, including the deliberate overthrow of democratically elected governments (that may or may not have been "friendly enough" with the US), civil unrest and political turmoil led to, among other things, Shining Path (Communist terrorist organization), Tupamaros (Communist terrorist organization), AUC (Communist terrorist organization), FSLN (Communist terrorist organization that took control of Nicaragua in 1979), FARC (Communist terrorist organization), and ELN (Communist terrorist organization).

As someone who lived through, and vividly remembers Kennedy's legacy, the absolute WORST thing that anyone could say to me as a "selling point" about their candidate is that "He's the new Kennedy"!:mad:

Kennedy was more conservative than McCain is. If Kennedy were alive the Liberals would spit on him and call him a right wing nut job! Probably blame him for 911 and global warming!

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! Someone should probably tell that to Teddy... the Liberal Lion!:) The Kennedy family gets only applause from Liberals. It's not like that's any big seceret... everyone knows it.

And that's one of the things that just scares the crap out of me!

Bay of Pigs anyone?

Cuban Missile Crisis anyone?

Overthrow and assassination of President Diem of S. Vietnam?

Overthrow of the Iraqi government under General Abdel Karim Kassem which led to the eventual rise of Saddam Hussein (and the problems we're dealing with TODAY).

Alliance of Progress anyone? Thanks to the Kennedy administrations interference in S. America, including the deliberate overthrow of democratically elected governments (that may or may not have been "friendly enough" with the US), civil unrest and political turmoil led to, among other things, Shining Path (Communist terrorist organization), Tupamaros (Communist terrorist organization), AUC (Communist terrorist organization), FSLN (Communist terrorist organization that took control of Nicaragua in 1979), FARC (Communist terrorist organization), and ELN (Communist terrorist organization).

As someone who lived through, and vividly remembers Kennedy's legacy, the absolute WORST thing that anyone could say to me as a "selling point" about their candidate is that "He's the new Kennedy"!:mad:

Well the Bay of Pigs was a covert action that President Kennedy's advisers failed him on... and JFK made heads roll after that... well documented.

The Russian missile crisis JFK showed extreme backbone and the Russians backed down averting a nuclear war.

The Kennedy administration cracked down on organized crime... and if not for the Kennedy administration blatant racists like Governor George Wallace would have postponed Civil Rights for years & years longer.

Kennedy was a visionary who looked far ahead into the future and started the national conquest of NASA going to the moon.

And John F. Kennedy could reach peoples positive spirit with his words. He inspired people to do better. I remember too well coming home from elementary school because school was closed early and seeing my mother and every other single person I saw that day crying openly when he was assassinated. He was a great man.

We've been stuck on stupid for almost 8 years now. It's time for some inspiration and intellegence... a President Obama.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!! Someone should probably tell that to Teddy... the Liberal Lion!:) The Kennedy family gets only applause from Liberals. It's not like that's any big seceret... everyone knows it.

Kennedy, had he lived might have evolved into a flaming lib but when he was alive, the choices he made would be considered conservative by today's standards.

Since when are lower taxes considered liberal thinking?
or a ban on any country GOD forbid a communist one?

or even his most famous line, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

Libs today think of the government as their mother or nanny. That was not what Kennedy thought.

If he were alive today and saying/doing the things today he talked about then, libs would spit in his face!

Kennedy, had he lived might have evolved into a flaming lib but when he was alive, the choices he made would be considered conservative by today's standards.

Since when are lower taxes considered liberal thinking?
or a ban on any country GOD forbid a communist one?

or even his most famous line, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

Libs today think of the government as their mother or nanny. That was not what Kennedy thought.

If he were alive today and saying/doing the things today he talked about then, libs would spit in his face!

Just as today's GOP would spit in Nixon's face for creating the EPA, OSHA and going to China. Despite all his faults, he understood that government and diplomacy both have their places. Thoughts that seem to be lost on today's Republican party.

Just as today's GOP would spit in Nixon's face for creating the EPA, OSHA and going to China. Despite all his faults, he understood that government and diplomacy both have their places. Thoughts that seem to be lost on today's Republican party.

Yes probably so.

So then you are admitting he was conservative by today's standards?????

Well the Bay of Pigs was a covert action that President Kennedy's advisers failed him on... and JFK made heads roll after that... well documented.

Right, the lower echelons ALWAYS take the fall when Democrats whip it out and stomp on it. At least in the GOP if YOU screw up, YOU take the fall.

The Russian missile crisis JFK showed extreme backbone and the Russians backed down averting a nuclear war.

top gun, I would STRONGLY suggest you do some more research on the events that LED to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Kennedy's INEXPERIENCE in international diplomacy, his insistence on virtually acting as his own Sec State, and his own sheer arrogance is what led to the crisis in the first place, and THAT is what scares the crap out of me about Obama. He lacks EXPERIENCE. Frankly, there are times when "backbone" and "balls" are all that's needed, and there are times when diplomacy and intelligence must take the front seat, and only experience let's you know when to use which. Kennedy used the little head instead of the big one, and damned near destroyed the world, the fact that we got out of it alive was SHEER DUMB LUCK, and I prefer not to have to depend on that when we're facing the current and projected NUCLEAR BUILDUPS in Iran, N. Korea, and Syria.

The Kennedy administration cracked down on organized crime...

But only the ones that weren't friendly with his family. Don't forget that Joe Kennedy built the family fortune BOOTLEGGING during Prohibition.

and if not for the Kennedy administration blatant racists like Governor George Wallace would have postponed Civil Rights for years & years longer.

I see your aptitude for history, especially Southern history, isn't what it really should be. George Wallace, acting as Governor of Alabama, did precisely and exactly what the majority of the people of the State of Alabama told him to do even though he himself was NOT a racist.

A lifelong liberal, he was one of the first Judges in the State of Alabama to ever call a black man "Mr," from the bench, and that was in the mid 50's! In his later term as Governor in the mid 80's, and after making MANY public apologies for his earlier conduct, he appointed a record number of blacks to State Offices. When asked why he started using racial epithets, he told a supporter that talking about good schools and good roads wasn't getting him anywhere, so he had to adopt a persona that would get him in the Governors mansion so that he COULD do something about the schools and the roads.

The episode at the University of Alabama (which was TOTALLY orchestrated between JFK and Wallace so that Wallace could retain credibility in Alabama, and JFK could be seen as a "hero") is a primary example of what a politician is supposed to do, and something that, if he'd been smart, GHW Bush would have done. Wallace ran on a platform of segregation (again, so that he could get the REAL work that needed to be done, done), and he was going to stand by that, even though he knew he would lose. GHW Bush ran on "read my lips, no new taxes", and then he signed into law one of the biggest tax hikes in the 20th Century. If he'd been paying attention, he'd have vetoed the tax plan, it would have gone back to Congress, which would have easily overridden his veto, the tax hike would have still gone into effect, but GHW could have said "I did what I said I was going to do, BLAME CONGRESS", and we wouldn't have had 8 years of Billy Boy Clintoon! Wallace retained his political credibility which allowed him to continue to effectively govern, Kennedy got the segregation lifted, it was a "win-win". Because of that, he was able to draw desperately needed jobs and industry to Alabama, and got the Jr. College system established that allowed many hundreds of thousands of Alabamians, who otherwise would never have been able to attend college, a chance at a higher education.

Kennedy was a visionary who looked far ahead into the future and started the national conquest of NASA going to the moon.

Again, balls instead of brains. Kennedy rushed a program that was already on the books, costing the taxpayers thousands of times more than it would have cost, just to be able to poke the Soviet Bearin the eye with a pointy stick. Everyone knew by the mid 60's that the Soviets stood NO chance of putting anyone on the moon since their technology simply wasn't reliable enough, and in fact, they had already abandoned their plans and settled on unmanned rovers.

And John F. Kennedy could reach peoples positive spirit with his words. He inspired people to do better. I remember too well coming home from elementary school because school was closed early and seeing my mother and every other single person I saw that day crying openly when he was assassinated. He was a great man.

I too remember the Kennedy assassination, and I too wept, but not for Kennedy, but because I realized what it would do to America. I never liked the man, but I sure as HELL didn't want to see him made some kind of damned martyr, which is exactly what he's become. As a result of the assassination, nobody is willing to seriously look at his Presidency out of some sort of "respect for the dead", and that's the saddest part about it, because now we're stuck with the illusion of "Camelot" instead of seeing it for what it really was, bone headed move after bone headed move.

We've been stuck on stupid for almost 8 years now. It's time for some inspiration and intellegence... a President Obama.

And from what I've seen thus far, if Obama IS elected, we'll have at least 4 more years of "stuck on stupid", only this time we'll be lucky if we live through it. That is of course unless someone gets INCREDIBLY stupid and kills him, in which case we'll have ANOTHER martyr on our hands, and ANOTHER 40 years of "what ifs".

Werbung:

The CONSERVATIVES in the GOP back then would have spit in Nixon's face. Nixon was the worst republican, actually RINO, in the 20th century, and exactly why was because he was a LIBERAL (you barely scratched the surface).

Back