Obama: Pay to Play

GenSeneca

Obama Offers Prime Posts to Top Campaign Contributors
By Jonathan D. Salant and Julianna Goldman

May 29 (Bloomberg) -- Louis Susman has one thing in common with many of his predecessors nominated to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom: money.

Susman, 71, a retired Citigroup Inc. senior investment banker, raised between $200,000 and $500,000 for President Barack Obama’s presidential campaign and another $300,000 for his inauguration. On Wednesday, Obama nominated Susman to the post formally known as the Court of St. James.

Like Andrew Mellon, Joseph Kennedy and Walter Annenberg before him, Susman’s credentials stem more from involvement in financing party politics than foreign policy experience.

Even with his pledges to change government, Obama is following the tradition of his predecessors by offering some ambassadorships to top campaign backers, including four of the 12 nominations this week. The president acknowledged in a news conference in January that donors might get plum postings.

“The practice of rewarding donors is a remnant of the spoils system that we abolished in the civil service,” said career diplomat Ronald Neumann, president of the American Academy of Diplomacy and a former ambassador to Afghanistan. “It is a dismal testimony to the importance of money in our electoral system.”

“That said, the republic will survive the president selling a few embassies.”

Here's Obama with another one of his good buddies, Rod Blagojevich...

large_Rod-Blagojevich_Barack-Obama-June20-08-Corruptio_Meye.jpg

In case you forgot, or never heard, Blagojevich is a fellow Democrat... Busted for his "Pay to Play" scandal in trying to sell Obama's empty senate seat. That's how they do things in Chicago...

large_Barack-Obama-Aug17-05-Illinois_Governor_Pro_Meye.jpg

There they are yucking it up... you can see the two of them laughing about ways to defraud the taxpayers, use thier positions of power to engratiate themselves financially and how to get the press run cover for your actions. Blago forgot the last part.

obama-blagojevich.jpg

Both of them are trying really hard not to laugh in that photo...

bush-cheney-obama-morph.jpg

Obama, Bush and Cheney all rolled into one... Except Obama is a much better liar.

Werbung:
So the vibe I'm getting here from the Druggie Limbaugh crowd is you think President Obama is a lot like Muhammad Ali.

He's pretty... he's athletic, he floats like a butterfly stings like a bee politically and he's the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

Humm... I can agree with that. Obama is to Ali... as say Bush was to Tony Danza.

Cool!

*looks up*

there is my proof! anything he does will be justified, its not that he is a better liar, just that his followers are too busy worshiping him to care :)

OUR............................... it's that you guys are so ridiculous in your goofball attacks on our President just because you got your a$$e$ handed to you the last two elections for being totally incompetent in every aspect of governing that one has to just make fun of you.

Yep... that's it the second one.:D

Let's dance...

of course all of hte people Bush did same thing for, never gave a dime...yawn
Poor pocket... In your drunken stupor you always think I'm advocating that Republicans are better than the Democrats, no matter how many times I point out they are both corrupt political machines. You voted for change and all you got was a new label slapped across the same old bucket of horse shat... although the bucket did quadrupled in size, the contents is still the same.

no its a fair point, they should got to people who gave money to McCain right?
How about giving the appointments to those who are qualified on the basis of their qualifications as an ambassador, rather than on the basis of how much money they raised for your campaign? I know, to you, that's more crazy talk.... You'd never consider giving people positions based on their qualifications.

or just to people who did not give to anyone? (IE people with little political background most likey)
How about regardless of whom they donated to and how much they raised, but solely on their ability to fulfill and excel in the role? Oh what am I thinking... Its not like your against political corruption... You're not about to speak out against the practice of using ones political position to reward your campaign financiers.

Poor pocket... In your drunken stupor you always think I'm advocating that Republicans are better than the Democrats, no matter how many times I point out they are both corrupt political machines. You voted for change and all you got was a new label slapped across the same old bucket of horse shat... although the bucket did quadrupled in size, the contents is still the same.

How about giving the appointments to those who are qualified on the basis of their qualifications as an ambassador, rather than on the basis of how much money they raised for your campaign? I know, to you, that's more crazy talk.... You'd never consider giving people positions based on their qualifications.

How about regardless of whom they donated to and how much they raised, but solely on their ability to fulfill and excel in the role? Oh what am I thinking... Its not like your against political corruption... You're not about to speak out against the practice of using ones political position to reward your campaign financiers.

because we dont live in fairy land, and he wants liberals overseas, and thats who gave him money? And if you want to cry they are not qualified then do that, but you have not done that.

because we dont live in fairy land, and he wants liberals overseas, and thats who gave him money? And if you want to cry they are not qualified then do that, but you have not done that.

Someone wake me up the next time Pocket says something even slightly intelligent... I want to mark that semi-annual event on the calender.

Bush was a fomidable political opponent up until after his re-election, when he was no longer accountable to anyone but history, and then he made a mess out of that.

Bush was a fomidable political opponent up until after his re-election, when he was no longer accountable to anyone but history, and then he made a mess out of that.

Correct... obviously formidable because his base would vote for anything not Progressive and it took the American Independents a while to realize his real underpinnings.

But it didn't take long until he became more of a bad joke intellectually and then he let Cheney talk him into morphing into a TORTURER!

It's all bad...

Werbung:
A note to a US Senator..Strange, I thought someone there might respond, seeing that President Obama seems to have no real concept of economics. I still think politicians feel that their IQ's expand as they rise in power..Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

Re: New Clean Energy Concept/Regeneration of US Economy.

I have tried numerous communications to various State Depts , governors , senators etc. Response zero. I would like to offer the US Government a totally new clean energy concept, that outstrips the yields of wind/solar/bio-fuels combined at a substantially lesser cost. If you understand that current stimulus will fail, and job losses will continue to spiral, then you understand that no economics team on this globe, can fix what is transpiring, by injecting capital. If you really believe that economies are recovering, then watch the next 6-12 months very carefully, and you’ll see a second wave of financial devastation hit the markets.

To come straight to the point, as I understand you’re very busy. I did try to have a letter hand-delivered, but was told the employee/aide could be fired.

Concept Implementation offers:

1- Millions of jobs across various sectors of the economy.
2- Regeneration of the stock markets and financial sectors
3- More Affordable abundant electricity
4- Systematic reduction on oil dependence.
5- Entirely new streams of education, technology,concept enhancement.
6- The ability to REALLY address carbon emissions.
7-Removal of the need for Bio-Fuel - because that eats part of a food source
8-Things that follow a stable economy - Health care, benefits etc : all can only be possible if the job market is recreated.
9- Systematic lowering of carbon emissions

10- The ability to host an international energy summit, and sell technology.

11- The ability to revive every steel ,and engineering plant across USA, simultaneously addressing infrastructure, and construction, and reconstruction.

Your basic understanding should be, that the cost of energy, really affects absolutely every commodity known to man. From the simplest candy bar, to the most sophisticated machinery and technology, everything hinges on the cost of energy. To date, you have probably heard all the economists, commentators, media and action groups say a million words, but in the way of ‘solution’ , there is none presented. The G20 and other world summits are really just a joke, and further waste of taxpayers money.

Presidents and politicians, do not tender ‘concepts’ and neither are they very good at solutions. You are now seeing the US treasury being depleted at a phenomenal rate. It all sounds fine that action is needed, but really if that action has ZERO regenerative component in stimulus, then you only fall deeper into a financial abyss. All the talk in the world about getting America working again, is just talk if it never happens. For now, you’ll see all the critics, big thinkers in the world’s biggest think-tanks, and supposedly the world’s best minds all floundering.

Strangely enough, if someone there had ears two years ago, perhaps GM and others would not be facing bankruptcy today. The talk of hybrid technology is huge, but really…to power electric vehicles, requires energy. To create those vehicles, requires energy. You hear all the talk about wind and solar being the wave of the future, but economic statistics tell you the US taxpayer cannot sustain the $ trillions to implement that, and furthermore the $/watt output is really highly overrated. Wind turbines only operate in specific wind conditions, and do not generate power over any specific prolonged period. The fact is, although you see it touted as ‘affordable’ and ‘sustainable’, it is neither of the two.

I need your assistance if possible, to make a representation to President Obama. Due to the sensitive nature of the concept, its implementation, and global impact, I have terms and conditions attached to tendering the concept. It has to be done in terms of a governmental pre- agreement. Under that agreement, I will tender the basis of what needs to be done, which can then be verified by a US team of engineers, in conditions of strict secrecy. This is imperative, if US is to actually progress to earning. The nature of the concept, is that it can only really filter down to private sector, from a government level. Government alone authorises such projects.

If you fully understand that no US recovery can occur without a high impact regenerative component included in the stimulus, I would appreciate a response.

If you understand that US cannot sustain the continued high cost of foreign oil, then please try to assist me. It is not impossible to break the oil stranglehold on the globe.

Kennedy once said ‘How could I have been so wrong as to have trusted the ‘experts’ .

If you look around you carefully , you may understand exactly why he said that.

If you believe that everything you see, is not ALL there is to see or know, then please try to see your way clear to assist me. The cost of listening, is really infinitely less costly than the cost of ‘not listening.

Thanks for any consideration. I could go on about numerous different aspects , but I’m sure you’re aware of the national and global implications of the continued downturn accelerating. The US deficit is now beginning to expand to what many consider as dangerous levels, and that’s a fact, but its being diluted by the comments of Austan Goolsbee and others in the administration.

President Obama’s ideals and direction may be considered as brilliant by some. I can only say my opinion differs dramatically. He can be assisted though, if prepared to actually ‘listen’.

Back