Obama Popular Vote Margin Largest Ever for Non-Incumbent

Popeye

Though yet to be finalized, Obama's popular vote margin now stands at 9,124,522 votes...This is not only the 6th largest victory margin of all time, but the largest ever by a non-incumbent.

BTW, the largest popular vote margins of all time were Nixon in '72 (17,995,488), followed closely by Johnson in '64 (17,951,287) and Reagan in '84 (16,678,120). These are numbers that Obama can shoot for in 2012.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Werbung:
Though yet to be finalized, Obama's popular vote margin now stands at 9,124,522 votes...This is not only the 6th largest victory margin of all time, but the largest ever by a non-incumbent.

BTW, the largest popular vote margins of all time were Nixon in '72 (17,995,488), followed closely by Johnson in '64 (17,951,287) and Reagan in '84 (16,678,120). These are numbers that Obama can shoot for in 2012.

I am shocked that nixon did better than reagan

Nixon ran against McGovern in '72, who was portrayed as an untrustworthy anti war radical. Rather ironic because within two years both Nixon and VP Agnew would be forced to resign.

I was not old enough to vote back then but from what I read I did not like McGovern, though I like him now because he has come out against the card check union thing. So I guess he is not the flaming lib he was made out to be :)

Hopefully Palin will shatter those numbers after Obama ruins this country...

You want Palin over Obama?????

Oh dear.

You can probably get help if you reach out.

That is if your grand wizard will let you.

I would rather have Palin over obama anyday but there are others I would rather have than palin too.

If I were a Republican, I would be taking a good look at Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. I saw him interviewed the other night and he's intelligent, well spoken and he's not white...Palin lacks all three of those characteristics. The only problem I can see with Jindal is that he's a bit of a religious whacko.

Palin is spectacularly ignorant.

Is that viewed as a quality in the republican party.

I guess it must be when you consider Bush.

If I were a Republican, I would be taking a good look at Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal. I saw him interviewed the other night and he's intelligent, well spoken and he's not white...Palin lacks all three of those characteristics. The only problem I can see with Jindal is that he's a bit of a religious whacko.

why do libs make such a big fuss about color? who cares if he is not white or if he is white. I do like the guy but him being white or not being white has nothing to do with it. I agree he is very intelligent and well spoken. I think Palin is smart she just talks like regular folk so she doesnt seem so smart. I like that bobby jindal is deeply devoted to his faith. I would rather have Bobby Jindal over Palin and It would be a toss up right now between Jindal and Romney for me. I see a whole lot of good people up and coming where it was so dry for a while there.

on the dem side none much appeal to me except for my absolute favorite of all time Harold Ford Jr. who I love most of all the dems, I also like that Evan B. I think he is from Indiana, he is someone that from what I know of him I like very much. I wish there were more dems like Harold Ford Jr and Evan B.

I am saying B. because I cant remember how to spell his last name and I am too lazy to look it up at the moment.

If you want Palin as president you must brain dead.

Wait a minute....

Many of you voted for Obama... A man with no experience and a man with radical affiliations and a person who claims to be christian but hasn't attended church since he was elected president.

Great choice guys!!! ! High 5s all around!!! :rolleyes:

Palin is spectacularly ignorant.

Is that viewed as a quality in the republican party.

I guess it must be when you consider Bush.

How's that being ignorant?

She's a governor of state!!! Obama is a freaking community organizer who is recruting Clinton's people because he's at a point where he just doesn't know what to do.....

Werbung:
why do libs make such a big fuss about color? who cares if he is not white or if he is white. I do like the guy but him being white or not being white has nothing to do with it. I agree he is very intelligent and well spoken. I think Palin is smart she just talks like regular folk so she doesnt seem so smart. I like that bobby jindal is deeply devoted to his faith. I would rather have Bobby Jindal over Palin and It would be a toss up right now between Jindal and Romney for me. I see a whole lot of good people up and coming where it was so dry for a while there.

I only bring up Jindal's color because it's so unusual for a Republican to be anything but white.

gopdiversity.jpg

Back