OBAMA raises $51 million in July!

top gun

It's setting records like never before. After a $52 million dollar fund raising June Senator Obama comes away with another $51 million dollars in July. I wonder if everyone remembers when there were a couple posting that said the Senator was "having trouble" raising money... and sending out letters of "desperation" after winning the primary.

Goes to show the misinformation that's thrown out there. In the end it's like everything else in life though... it is what it is... and in fund raising especially from millions of smaller donors it IS very, very good for Senator Obama!

Obama raises 51 million in July: campaign Sat Aug 16, 4:43 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama raised 51 million dollars in July, nearly double the amount collected by his Republican rival in the same period, his campaign said Saturday.

"More than 65,000 new donors contributed to the Obama campaign during the month of July, bringing the total raised for the month to over 51 million, the campaign said in a statement.

The Illinois senator now has 65.8 million dollars in his coffers, contributed by more than two million people in all, to help fund his bid to become America's first black president.

"The 65,000 new donors to the Obama campaign demonstrate just how strongly the American people are looking to fundamentally change business as usual in Washington," said David Plouffe, campaign manager of Obama for America.

On Friday, McCain's campaign announced it had raised 27 million dollars in July, a record for the Arizona senator but which nevertheless fell far short of Obama's figures. McCain had 21 million dollars in cash on hand at the beginning of August.

Obama had raised 52 million dollars in June.

Campaign fundraising is a vital component of the modern US election machine, allowing candidates to roll out huge advertising blitzes, finance cross-country swings and build up huge staffs.

Werbung:
It's setting records like never before. After a $52 million dollar fund raising June Senator Obama comes away with another $51 million dollars in July. I wonder if everyone remembers when there were a couple posting that said the Senator was "having trouble" raising money... and sending out letters of "desperation" after winning the primary.

Goes to show the misinformation that's thrown out there. In the end it's like everything else in life though... it is what it is... and in fund raising especially from millions of smaller donors it IS very, very good for Senator Obama!

Obama raises 51 million in July: campaign Sat Aug 16, 4:43 PM ET

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama raised 51 million dollars in July, nearly double the amount collected by his Republican rival in the same period, his campaign said Saturday.

"More than 65,000 new donors contributed to the Obama campaign during the month of July, bringing the total raised for the month to over 51 million, the campaign said in a statement.

The Illinois senator now has 65.8 million dollars in his coffers, contributed by more than two million people in all, to help fund his bid to become America's first black president.

"The 65,000 new donors to the Obama campaign demonstrate just how strongly the American people are looking to fundamentally change business as usual in Washington," said David Plouffe, campaign manager of Obama for America.

On Friday, McCain's campaign announced it had raised 27 million dollars in July, a record for the Arizona senator but which nevertheless fell far short of Obama's figures. McCain had 21 million dollars in cash on hand at the beginning of August.

Obama had raised 52 million dollars in June.

Campaign fundraising is a vital component of the modern US election machine, allowing candidates to roll out huge advertising blitzes, finance cross-country swings and build up huge staffs.

And yet polls are dead even. Interesting. What is he doing with the cash?

And yet polls are dead even. Interesting. What is he doing with the cash?

Fair question some polls are "statistically" even with margin of errors and there are others where Senator Obama is definately above that... I can only speak for Ohio but I'd bet it's the same everywhere. Here in Ohio Senator Obama is just matching McCain ads. In fact there for awhile I think McCain was possibly advertising a slight bit more.

Senator Obama is milking McCain out. Letting McCain punch himself out. Just matching and counter punching. It's kind of the Rocky/Clubber Lang (Mr.T) thing. McCain appears more & more negative and aggressive and is spending money "comparatively" he just ain't got.

I'd predict the Obama camp to increase media only slightly next month and then blitz out to the election.

The other thing is boots on the ground organizing. They are spending some real money there. It's completely different than say the Kerry campaign. No kidding I've had no less than 4 different Obama for America people at varying levels contact me. I remember with the Kerry campaign I had to go downtown to get stuff or search out where the action was going to be and when.

This group brings it to you.

I think they are even because of the church stuff. Before the church stuff he was way way ahead. After the church stuff there was a struggle and he was able to over come the struggle but he never got back that "magic" that he had before. And its been more of a struggle ever since.

No more fainting at his events, he still packs them in but its not like it was. I am not sure you can ever go back to that once its lost.

Fair question some polls are "statistically" even with margin of errors and there are others where Senator Obama is definately above that... I can only speak for Ohio but I'd bet it's the same everywhere. Here in Ohio Senator Obama is just matching McCain ads. In fact there for awhile I think McCain was possibly advertising a slight bit more.

Senator Obama is milking McCain out. Letting McCain punch himself out. Just matching and counter punching. It's kind of the Rocky/Clubber Lang (Mr.T) thing. McCain appears more & more negative and aggressive and is spending money "comparatively" he just ain't got.

I'd predict the Obama camp to increase media only slightly next month and then blitz out to the election.

The other thing is boots on the ground organizing. They are spending some real money there. It's completely different than say the Kerry campaign. No kidding I've had no less than 4 different Obama for America people at varying levels contact me. I remember with the Kerry campaign I had to go downtown to get stuff or search out where the action was going to be and when.

This group brings it to you.

I am not sure, his campaign seems almost dead to me right now. He has raised over 100,000,000 dollars in the last two months but has fallen something like 12% points.

I think that after the conventions we will either see Obama or McCain take off, or it will remain very close all the way through no matter how much money is spent, so I am unsure why he is holding so much of it. (in my opinion)

I think they are even because of the church stuff. Before the church stuff he was way way ahead. After the church stuff there was a struggle and he was able to over come the struggle but he never got back that "magic" that he had before. And its been more of a struggle ever since.

No more fainting at his events, he still packs them in but its not like it was. I am not sure you can ever go back to that once its lost.

The fact is Senator Obama just simply went on vacation.

He has great timing. He's done the big events here. He's done the big events overseas. He takes a week off to set final strategy and get a little rest & family time. There's absolutely no problem at all.

He's back and you'll see the results in the momentum. He'll bump big at the Convention and at the VP pick. Then there will be the real debates.

It's all good!:)

I wonder how much of that is illegal... He's very lax on following the rules for donations and gets sizable amounts from overseas.

Werbung:
I am not sure, his campaign seems almost dead to me right now. He has raised over 100,000,000 dollars in the last two months but has fallen something like 12% points.

I think that after the conventions we will either see Obama or McCain take off, or it will remain very close all the way through no matter how much money is spent, so I am unsure why he is holding so much of it. (in my opinion)

Raising the money isn't spending the money.............. yet!;)

Stay statistically even to slightly ahead and get down to that last three or four weeks and then TV blitz 2 or 3 to 1 everywhere. I'll like that I think.

Don't get me wrong... I'd take a blow out right now and love it!
:D

Back