Obama reopens massacre investigation obstructed by Bush

Popeye

Now this is the kind of thing I elected Obama to do...

For eight years, the Bush administration obstructed investigations into a massacre carried out in the name of Americans in Dasht-e-Leili, Afghanistan.

Earlier this month, a representative from Physicians for Human Rights, the group that originally brought the incident to the attention of the Bush White House, met with officials from the new administration, which has reopened the investigation into the incident.

The massacre dates back to 2001. Two months after the September 11th attacks, in a rural corner of Northern Afghanistan, thousands of alleged Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters surrendered to a coalition of United States Special Forces and Afghan forces led by the notoriously brutal warlord, General Abdul Rashid Dostum. They were told they would not be harmed. Soon after, they were stacked into metal shipping containers to be transported to a nearby prison. As numerous reports since 2002 have made clear, in increasingly gruesome detail, hundreds of prisoners never made it to the prison; they suffocated in the airless containers beneath the bodies of fellow prisoners -- and were interred in an unmarked mass grave.

The Bush White House thwarted inquiry into the incident on three separate occasions and terminated a Department of Justice investigation that involved survivors of the incident interned at Guantanamo Bay. By contrast, the inquiry President Obama has commissioned could result in war crimes charges.

s-SKULLS-large.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/24/obama-restarts-massacre-i_n_265455.html

Werbung:
I just heard that AG Holder was going to appoint a 'SPECIAL PROSECUTER'...and as much as I hate to see the money being spent on, this is definitely something that needs to be looked at under a microscope and examined and corrected to the ninth degree.

If we don't learn from our mistakes then we seem DOOMED to repeat them! To many questionable things from G.W.B. & Dick-less Chaney era; we can't sweep everything under the rug!

I just heard that AG Holder was going to appoint a 'SPECIAL PROSECUTER'...and as much as I hate to see the money being spent on, this is definitely something that needs to be looked at under a microscope and examined and corrected to the ninth degree.

If we don't learn from our mistakes then we seem DOOMED to repeat them! To many questionable things from G.W.B. & Dick-less Chaney era; we can't sweep everything under the rug!

I heard that too.

I heard he was heading down this road to try and win back his base that is starting to crack. The base likes blood and no blood taste better to them than the blood of President Bush. So to get the base back in lock step, he will throw them a bone so they have something to suck on and keep them calm. It will probably work too. His numbers should lift once he gives the base the blood they so desire.

I personally cant wait for after the obama nightmare, all the investigations to fry his butt will be well worth the money... assuming the country will still be standing by then.

By the way Top Gun and Popeye, I am not accusing you of being blood thirsty like the far left. I am talking about the really insane that carried the "we support our troops when they kill their officers" signs and so on.

I heard he was heading down this road to try and win back his base that is starting to crack. The base likes blood and no blood taste better to them than the blood of President Bush. So to get the base back in lock step, he will throw them a bone so they have something to suck on and keep them calm. It will probably work too. His numbers should lift once he gives the base the blood they so desire.

I personally cant wait for after the obama nightmare, all the investigations to fry his butt will be well worth the money... assuming the country will still be standing by then.

I find it personally disappointing how you manage to compare a current President who has many, many high stress issues to deal with and 2 wars to juggle while keeping the financial impact within sight, to the likes of the 'ALMIGHTY CREATOR' of the large percentage of the 'high stress issues' that this administration is facing and "you hope that there will be investigations to fry his {Obama's} butt will be worth the money".

JEEZ LOUISE, get a grip!

Petty angst over a failed election/comparing the many deaths at the hands of the previous president to your 'IDEA/FEELINGS' of someone lying to you :confused: GET OVER IT ALREADY!

MIND BOGGLING ;)

'ALMIGHTY CREATOR' ?

I re read my post, I had not mentioned God. Usually those on the left confuse obama for the 'ALMIGHTY CREATOR'.

Eventually obama will be gone and there will be a number of investigations over things he did. You should get used to that now because assuming we still have the right to elect our leaders, he wont be there forever and when he is gone we will learn a great deal.

Werbung:
'ALMIGHTY CREATOR' ?

I re read my post, I had not mentioned God. Usually those on the left confuse obama for the 'ALMIGHTY CREATOR'.

Eventually obama will be gone and there will be a number of investigations over things he did. You should get used to that now because assuming we still have the right to elect our leaders, he wont be there forever and when he is gone we will learn a great deal.

Maybe you need to re-read what I wrote...cause you've missed the 'MARK' once again. But that's not surprising...as usual! ;)

Back