Obama retains strength among highly educated

Popeye

Gallup has it's new presidential poll out in which the respondents are ranked by education. I thought it interesting.

HS or less

Obama-46%
McCain-39%

Some college

Obama-47%
McCain-42%

College graduate

Obama-45%
McCain-47%

Postgraduate

Obama-54%
McCain-39%

Not sure that we can glean much of anything from those numbers, except to say that the highly educated definitely show a preference for Obama.

Werbung:
Looks like Gallup is trying to find a new and novel way to create a poll which can show McCain leading in at least one field. The last one was kinds hokey because two Gallup polls on the same day disagreed with each other by 14 points!

One had Obama up nine while the other had McCain up 5. Go figure Popeye!

Gallup has it's new presidential poll out in which the respondents are ranked by education. I thought it interesting.

HS or less

Obama-46%
McCain-39%

Some college

Obama-47%
McCain-42%

College graduate

Obama-45%
McCain-47%

Postgraduate

Obama-54%
McCain-39%

Not sure that we can glean much of anything from those numbers, except to say that the highly educated definitely show a preference for Obama.

I would like to see if broken down by fields, and also how they define post-graduate education. Did you happen to run into those type numbers anywhere?

Not surprising. Consider the vast bureaucracy of highly-educated people (lawyers, accountants, social scientists, hard scientists, economists, big businessmen, et al.) with either direct careers in the government or careers in fields that wouldn't exist without huge government subsidies.

HS or less

Obama-46%
McCain-39%

Some college

Obama-47%
McCain-42%

College graduate

Obama-45%
McCain-47%

Postgraduate

Obama-54%
McCain-39%

I think most would agree higher educated people tend to research things out on their own.

They are much less likely to fall for useless political gimmicks like the "gas tax holiday". And it is also interesting that higher educated often also means higher earning/higher taxed and they still stay on board with Senator Obama. They seem to see the overall benefit a Obama Presidency would bring to the country... or maybe they just are set in stone that the Republicans way failed and just won't stand by for anymore with a McCain... I don't know.

I think a lot of less educated people tend to not explore the deep roots of issues as much. Sort of shot from the hip more. This is tailor made for the old politics of the distorted sound bite & the negative ad.

Everything is in the Independents lap this year. Regardless of formal education I'm betting the percentages will highly favor the Dems again this go around. The Republican brand is at its lowest point I've seen it since they did the Watergate break-in under Nixon.

And it is also interesting that higher educated often also means higher earning/higher taxed and they still stay on board with Senator Obama.

Democrats have taken over as the Party of the Rich... While Republicans still get the bad reputation.

Some authors, such as Vilfredo Pareto, Gaetano Mosca, Thomas R. Dye, and Robert Michels, believe that any political system eventually evolves into an oligarchy. This theory is called the "iron law of oligarchy". According to this school of thought, modern democracies should be considered as elected oligarchies. In these systems, actual differences between viable political rivals are small, the oligarchic elite impose strict limits on what constitutes an 'acceptable' and 'respectable' political position, and politicians' careers depend heavily on unelected economic and media elites.

McCain and Obama are certainly within arms length of each other on policy. At least from a Conservatives view they are... both are advocating big government, big taxes and big spending. Worst election choices ever. :(

Are you kidding me?

Clinton would descend on McCain like an elephant crushing a dung beetle.

McCain would cease to exist if Clinton was on the ticket. That's why the GOP has been working so damn hard to keep her off of it.

Like, duh! :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me?

Clinton would descend on McCain like an elephant crushing a dung beetle.

McCain would cease to exist if Clinton was on the ticket. That's why the GOP has been working so damn hard to keep her off of it.

Like, duh! :rolleyes:

Obama does not want her on the ticket.

That's immaterial.

I meant Clinton AS the ticket. And yes, I doubt she would welcome Obama as VP. His track record is a bit....seedy...a deal killer really..

She would simply crush McCain. A landslide victory. Maybe even biggest in US history.

That's immaterial.

I meant Clinton AS the ticket. And yes, I doubt she would welcome Obama as VP. His track record is a bit....seedy...a deal killer really..

She would simply crush McCain. A landslide victory. Maybe even biggest in US history.

She lost. She is not getting the nomination.

But nothing is official till the convention. So there is always hope that some seedy scandal will come out between now and then, and the supers will change their minds and go Hillary.

Do you know how pissed off that is going to make the democratic electorate? If that happens McCain walks in.

Werbung:

On the other hand, people like YOU support him. :D

Back