Obama says Economy Better Today????

Werbung:
"Obama says Economy Better Today????"

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Obama has done more to wreck the U.S. economy than any other President. He makes Bush look like an economic genius. :mad:

Mr . Obama - Here's some news for ya.

Although earnings beat Wall Street forecasts by a penny, GE's revenue fell $3 billion short of expectations, helping push down shares 6 percent. Quarterly sales fell across its divisions, from health care to broadcasting, suggesting that the recession is still sapping demand for goods and services.

It couldn't happen to more deserving company.

Fifteen states have crossed a painful threshold: 10 percent unemployment. More states, and the nation, will follow, one of the biggest dangers to an economic recovery.

It's not an economy now, it's just a bad joke
called CHANGE!

The economy is not better today July 18, just worse.

Banks getting bad-

Bank of America CEO Ken Lewis had some sobering words during a conference call with Wall Street analysts after his company's results were released Friday: "Profitability in the second half of the year will be much tougher than the first half."

Bank of America Corp., JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. earned profits this spring largely on investment banking and trading -- not traditional banking businesses, which still look shaky. Citi benefited from selling its majority stake in the Smith Barney brokerage.

Strip away those money-makers, and the banks have to rely on customers who are losing their jobs or earning less money. The banks will suffer as long as their customers do.

July 25, 09

Dow breaks 9000.

Housing up three months in a row... first time since last January.

Financial sector earning reports way up.

The New York Federal Reserve's Empire State general business conditions index rose to minus 0.55 in July from minus 9.41 in June.

July's report on factory activity in New York state is the strongest since April 2008, the last time it was in positive territory. It also exceeded economists' expectations of minus 5.0, based on the median of forecasts in a Reuters poll.

The improvement in factory sentiment was boosted by a big jump in the new-orders index to 5.89 from June's minus 8.15, reaching its highest since December 2007.

July 25, 09

Dow breaks 9000.

Housing up three months in a row... first time since last January.

Financial sector earning reports way up.

The New York Federal Reserve's Empire State general business conditions index rose to minus 0.55 in July from minus 9.41 in June.

July's report on factory activity in New York state is the strongest since April 2008, the last time it was in positive territory. It also exceeded economists' expectations of minus 5.0, based on the median of forecasts in a Reuters poll.

The improvement in factory sentiment was boosted by a big jump in the new-orders index to 5.89 from June's minus 8.15, reaching its highest since December 2007.

SHHHHH...Let's keep this a secret...none of the 'hard wired republicans' will believe it anyway...they are just too busy screaming the "SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING AND IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT"...:D

Nothing screams 'unAMERICAN' more than the 'PEOPLE' hoping/wishing that our current elected officials fail...JEEZ LOUISE & HOLY BAT CRAP TOO!!! ;)

Existing homes sales are up, the stock market is up, home sales have risen for three stright months. Yes, the job market still sucks. A bit premature for doom and gloom. Mixed economic signs are the most positive economic news we have had since last September. And who was in office last September? Not Obama, was it?

On the other hand, you Repubs still try to pin the blame on Obama. Since the Dems are going to get blamed for whatever happens, the public might as well let them run the show so that they have a little control over what they're going to get blamed for. Since the Repubs never acomplish anything, by their own admission, why let them ever run things?

Existing homes sales are up, the stock market is up, home sales have risen for three stright months. Yes, the job market still sucks. A bit premature for doom and gloom. Mixed economic signs are the most positive economic news we have had since last September. And who was in office last September? Not Obama, was it?

On the other hand, you Repubs still try to pin the blame on Obama. Since the Dems are going to get blamed for whatever happens, the public might as well let them run the show so that they have a little control over what they're going to get blamed for. Since the Repubs never acomplish anything, by their own admission, why let them ever run things?

I would like to know what policy enacted by the current administration has had any impact on a rising stock market?

A stimulus that has not been spent yet? I doubt that is the case. What caused it then? Seems that the Republicans are getting blamed for everything that happens, yet there is no concrete Republican policy that can be pointed either that caused the market to fall.

The current President has had little to do with the rise or fall of the stock market, but it seems everyone rushes to thank him when it goes up and blame Bush when it goes down.

SHHHHH...Let's keep this a secret...none of the 'hard wired republicans' will believe it anyway...they are just too busy screaming the "SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING AND IT'S OBAMA'S FAULT"...:D

Nothing screams 'unAMERICAN' more than the 'PEOPLE' hoping/wishing that our current elected officials fail...JEEZ LOUISE & HOLY BAT CRAP TOO!!! ;)

It is AMAZING is it not my friend?

Do you remember when they had the Presidency all you ever heard was Democrats just want America to lose! Democrats are hoping for a disaster!

Oh what a difference an election makes.:)

Now it's a steady drumbeat of ... bet against America... hope everything fails so Obama looks bad... we can't improve anything... don't look at any of the good signs, never buy a Chevy or a Chrysler again... on & on & on...

It would be kinda funny if it weren't so weak.

It is AMAZING is it not my friend?

Do you remember when they had the Presidency all you ever heard was Democrats just want America to lose! Democrats are hoping for a disaster!

Oh what a difference an election makes.:)

Now it's a steady drumbeat of ... bet against America... hope everything fails so Obama looks bad... we can't improve anything... don't look at any of the good signs, never buy a Chevy or a Chrysler again... on & on & on...

It would be kinda funny if it weren't so weak.

Kinda funny HA-HA, like when I drank the 'kool-aide' that G.W.B. served up..."only I can protect us from those Axis of EVIL DOERS' those Democrats will allow another attack on American soil"...so I voted for him in 2004 and then I learned that he was a 'LIAR'. :eek:

So I was burnt once and learned to listen to the basics not the 'fear mongers' and everyone that preaches the HYPE; President Obama is: anti white, anti fiscal responsibility, anti balanced budget, anti lower taxes, anti impartial reasoning, anti children issues, anti education, etc., etc., etc., they just haven't gotten over the fact that the republicans stayed home and lost the election...LMAO

I would like to know what policy enacted by the current administration has had any impact on a rising stock market?

A stimulus that has not been spent yet? I doubt that is the case. What caused it then? Seems that the Republicans are getting blamed for everything that happens, yet there is no concrete Republican policy that can be pointed either that caused the market to fall.

The current President has had little to do with the rise or fall of the stock market, but it seems everyone rushes to thank him when it goes up and blame Bush when it goes down.

Rob to me you are the most reasonable Conservative on this Board.

While we come at things from completely different angles you tend to come at things with thought out opinions and not spite. And that's worth listening to.

So now that I've throughly contaminated you with my respect;) let me say what I think the good signs in the economy shows.

A lot I my opinion has to do with consumer confidence and the overall feelings about good or bad in the relatively short term future (say during the next 5 years) by the leaders in the financial sector. Given the choice consumers would rather not be depressed and financial people want to get back into the game and make money.

We saw this with President Clinton. He inherited an abysmal economy for Bush #1 yet he was so upbeat and popular and gave the idea of real hope and change that the economy started getting better even before the so called "peace dividend" and many other things actually had time to happen.

It's similar with President Obama. Not even getting into the blame game the economy was what it was and that was, was not good... when he took over. (Try using "was" in a sentence more than that :))

I believe that although much of the Stimulus isn't in circulation yet... people know it's arriving more every day.

When people see the light speed record quick in & out of bankruptcy by Chrysler & GM... people see the sky is not falling they will live to fight another day.

When the banks start making money again... people see that the previous bad situation has rectified.

When housing going up 3 months in a row first time since last January... people see that as the ending of the mortgage crisis.

And so on... and a more bullish feeling then tends to drive up the stock market.

So what I'm saying is a lot has to do with attitude and the attitude would not have changed with more Bush type policies. That being the case I firmly believe without the efforts of President Obama and the change in attitude that came with him we would not now be slowing this bad economic snowball from rolling down the mountain ever faster & faster and now be seeing signs of a reversal.

You may believe it's all just cyclical and the things President Obama has tried to do did nothing at all. But I can't & just don't subscribe to that myself. I sincerely think he's made a difference.

More Obama Stimulus results:

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) posted a 10 percent decline in second-quarter earnings and gave a modest third-quarter outlook on Thursday, taking the shine off the world's largest online retailer and sending its shares down nearly 7 percent.

The dismal spending climate has hurt big companies like Microsoft and Amazon.com, which reported disappointing quarterly earnings Thursday.

At IBM, layoffs, automation and other cost-cutting measures helped the company small quarterly earnings projections last week. The revenue picture was less encouraging. IBM's sales dropped 13 percent to $23.25 billion, below the $23.59 billion predicted by analysts. Still, the company raised its full-year profit forecast.

Just remember, it's getting worse now, not better.
It's called CHANGE!

Microsoft shares slip on disappointing results

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) shares fell more than 9 percent on Friday, as the company's weaker-than-expected results contradicted Wall Street's belief that the worst is over for the technology sector.

The drop weighed on broader indexes, including the Nasdaq (.IXIC), which declined about 1 percent. Microsoft was the biggest percentage loser in the Dow Jones Industrial average (.DJI) and the No. 2 loser in the S&P 500 (.SPX).

David Hilal, an analyst at FBR Capital Markets, downgraded the stock to "market perform" from "outperform," citing sharp gains in Microsoft's stock price in recent months and concerns that technology spending may not bounce back this year.

The Economist
Weekly indicators

Economic and financial indicators
Jul 23rd 2009

Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, gave his semi-annual Monetary Policy Report to Congress. He said that policy actions “may well have averted the collapse of the global financial system” and that the American financial system had exhibited “notable improvements”. But he expected the federal funds rate to remain at “exceptionally low levels for an extended period”.

The battered American housing market showed some signs of life. House prices rose by 0.9% in May, after a slight fall in April, according to the Federal Housing Finance Agency. The number of privately owned housing starts increased to 582,000 at an annual rate in June, a rise of 3.6% over the previous month, while the number of housing permits also surged, by 8.7%to a rate of 563,000.

Werbung:
House prices rose by 0.9% in May?

You and others are bragging about that?

Statically not worth mentioning, since house prices shoud increase > 1% in
a real economy during the spring and summer. The rates compared to were anemic.

Not try, but it's getting worse out there.

It's called CHANGE!

Back