Obama Smokes

a smoker trying to stop that gets caught lied? good god, lets make a big deal about it.....its no wounder people look at the right and shake there head, you care about dumb lies, but major lies that matter when done buy Bush , well no one cares about that.

POS, your indignation is a stretch. NO-O said
when asked he said he had quit. but he got caught smoking mid primary and was asked again and he said he backslid. Then it came out that he had not quit at all.

the only thing that bothers me is that he lied and no one seems to care about that. Smoke, dont smoke what ever but it seems even obama followers would say I wish he had not lied about it, but none of them seem to care.....thats the only thing that bothers me.

A smoker trying to quit but gets caught is not the issue. The issue in this instance is that he put himself in the position of lying by saying it in the first place when it wasn't true, based on the 'he had not quit at all' part.

Lying: When you say something that you know to be false. Regardless of how supporters want to spin it, the fact speaks for itself.

I'm with NO-O on that one - the lying bothers me more than the smoking. Even with the case as Chip lays out, it being indicative of an underlying depression problem, which is a potential problem. Self-protective lying is evidence of a character flaw at least, a significant insecurity or manipulative tendency even worse.

Werbung:
I hadnt seen that one before. That is flipping hillarious. Especially the lapel pin! I saved that one. Thanks for sharing. Now lets hope he moves to get rid of the drachonian idiotic marijuana laws in America.

I hadn't noticed the lapel pin... :D

Is anyone bothered by the fact that President-elect Barrack Obama smokes cigarettes?

If so, why?

If not, why not?
I think that anyone debating Barrack's smoking is really reaching for something negative to say. Stopping smoking is one of the toughest habits to break, what's more, it's a completely legal activity and none of your business whatsoever.

Is it a bad example? Of course it is. Who else are you attacking for setting a bad examply by smoking? Are you raining grief on Hollywood and all the actors who smoke in movies? At least Barrack isn't smoking in public, so your condemnation of him is actually infringing on his right to privacy. Stick to his political life and actions, leave his personal life alone.

I think that anyone debating Barrack's smoking is really reaching for something negative to say. Stopping smoking is one of the toughest habits to break, what's more, it's a completely legal activity and none of your business whatsoever.

Is it a bad example? Of course it is. Who else are you attacking for setting a bad examply by smoking? Are you raining grief on Hollywood and all the actors who smoke in movies? At least Barrack isn't smoking in public, so your condemnation of him is actually infringing on his right to privacy. Stick to his political life and actions, leave his personal life alone.

Smoking may be a tough habit to break, but I did it as have millions of others. Obama is not just putting himself and the country at risk (where it becomes our business) by continuing such a habit, he is risking the health of his two girls through secondhand smoke.

His reprehensible continuation of such a hazardous practice and then lying about it, reminds one of a drug addict..which, after all, is what a cigarette smoker is.

I would implore Obama to demonstrate a little fortitude and do what's right...quit smoking for good and, in doing so, set an example for the children of America.

In the United States, 21 million, or 35 percent of, children live in homes where residents or visitors smoke in the home on a regular basis.12 Approximately 50-75 percent of children in the United States have detectable levels of cotinine, the breakdown product of nicotine in the blood.

The current Surgeon General’s Report concluded that scientific evidence indicates that there is no risk-free level of exposure to secondhand smoke. Short exposures to secondhand smoke can cause blood platelets to become stickier, damage the lining of blood vessels, decrease coronary flow velocity reserves, and reduce heart rate variability, potentially increasing the risk of heart attack.

http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422

Smoking may be a tough habit to break, but I did it as have millions of others. Obama is not just putting himself and the country at risk (where it becomes our business) by continuing such a habit, he is risking the health of his two girls through secondhand smoke.

His reprehensible continuation of such a hazardous practice and then lying about it, reminds one of a drug addict..which, after all, is what a cigarette smoker is.

I would implore Obama to demonstrate a little fortitude and do what's right...quit smoking for good and, in doing so, set an example for the children of America.

http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422

WOW Popeye, I have a new found respect for you. Actually I feel like quiting again... not sure if Ill succeed but reading your posts made me want to try again :)

Thank you !!!

I would implore Obama to demonstrate a little fortitude and do what's right...quit smoking for good and, in doing so, set an example for the children of America. http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422
What twaddle! You have no proof that he smokes in the presence of his daughters, do you? This has to be a first, you can't find something to sh1t on the man for so you round on him for smoking. Compared to killing more than 4000 American service people by lying to get us into a war, I think smoking is a small vice. Compared to legalizing torture, trashing the economy, shaming America with stupidity, and being a religious bigot, I think smoking is small potatoes.

Werbung:
What twaddle! You have no proof that he smokes in the presence of his daughters, do you? This has to be a first, you can't find something to sh1t on the man for so you round on him for smoking. Compared to killing more than 4000 American service people by lying to get us into a war, I think smoking is a small vice. Compared to legalizing torture, trashing the economy, shaming America with stupidity, and being a religious bigot, I think smoking is small potatoes.

I think you missunderstand Popeye, he is the BIGGEST obama supporter in the forum. It actually kind of cool that he found something that bothers him. and he was not trashing him or anything he just said it would set a better example if he were a non smoker.

wow I never thought I would be defending popeye over obama

Back