Obama to cut military health care.

Werbung:
This is just unreal, where are all the liberals now? Popeye? You ok with this crap? Topgun? Hello?

I heard Sean talking about it too, Rush might have also but I don’t know because he was in a 3 hour AIG rant. Where I got my information was the men in charge of Vet affairs who met with Obama yesterday and were interviewed after. They said he was not budging on this and they were not very happy. But I still wonder why. I agree with you he spent political capital and will gain nothing and actually more will be mad at him for it but what was the reason or the point, he had to know it would turn out this way. So why would he do it. Is he really that stupid or did he read the people and what the are willing to tolerate wrong or is there another reason that we don’t know about yet.

I'm betting on another reason we don't know about yet. Either that, or there is still more to the story we don't know.

Obama is nothing if not politically astute. He didn't get where he is by not knowing how to play the game.

I'm betting on another reason we don't know about yet. Either that, or there is still more to the story we don't know.

Obama is nothing if not politically astute. He didn't get where he is by not knowing how to play the game.

I am sure obama will have an obama friendly spin to it but I do trust those who run military vet affairs more than I trust obama and I have heard 2 of them now talk about a meeting they had with obama and obama seems intent on doing this. Oliver North talked about it too but most non conservatives might not care what he had to say.

The news said when asked about it, the white house comment was that yes it was something they were considering as a way to generate revenue but no deals have been made.

I looked around and I can not find "the other side" of the story but I do find democrats speaking out against it and high ranking Vets in the know who do not seem to dispute the story.

We shall see what comes of it. I hope every American refuses to let this happen.

I am sure obama will have an obama friendly spin to it but I do trust those who run military vet affairs more than I trust obama and I have heard 2 of them now talk about a meeting they had with obama and obama seems intent on doing this. Oliver North talked about it too but most non conservatives might not care what he had to say.

The news said when asked about it, the white house comment was that yes it was something they were considering as a way to generate revenue but no deals have been made.

I looked around and I can not find "the other side" of the story but I do find democrats speaking out against it and high ranking Vets in the know who do not seem to dispute the story.

We shall see what comes of it. I hope every American refuses to let this happen.

There is no chance it will happen, zero, zip. I'd be surprised to learn that Obama doesn't understand that, but who knows? Maybe this is a major political screw up on his part.

As for me, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, then Obama's popularity is about to take a dive.

Oliver North talked about it too but most non conservatives might not care what he had to say.

I don't understand why anyone cares that that traitor has to say. How he wasn't convicted is a total mystery. Now, incredibly, he has become a darling of the right wing. Explain to me, please, how he gets away with selling arms to the enemy, then becomes a credible voice for any political philosophy at all.:confused:

There is no chance it will happen, zero, zip. I'd be surprised to learn that Obama doesn't understand that, but who knows? Maybe this is a major political screw up on his part.

As for me, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, then Obama's popularity is about to take a dive.

I don't understand why anyone cares that that traitor has to say. How he wasn't convicted is a total mystery. Now, incredibly, he has become a darling of the right wing. Explain to me, please, how he gets away with selling arms to the enemy, then becomes a credible voice for any political philosophy at all.:confused:

ask libby...and liddy...

I will wait till I actually can see something legit that talks about the plan, ...sorry rush and basically fox news don't cut it. If it takes away form vets health care I am against it...but I somehow doubt that's the real plan.

Below are quotes from Democrat senators and people who run Vet affairs. I hope they "cut it" for you These high ranking Vets were part of the meetings with Obama, they know what they are talking about. But pmsnbc isnt going to tell you about this, you are going to have to venture out in the real world.

“Veterans of all generations agree that this proposal is bad for the country and bad for veterans,” said Paul Rieckhoff, executive director of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.

“Dead on arrival” is how Democratic Sen. Patty Murray of Washington state described the idea.

“When our troops are injured while serving our country, we should take care of those injuries completely,” Murray, a member of the Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee, told a hearing last week. “I don’t think we should nickel-and-dime them for their care.”

In separate comments, Republican Sen. Kit Bond of Missouri said the nation “owes a debt to the veterans who fought and paid for our freedom.”

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki said at the hearing where Murray spoke that the plan was “a consideration.” He also acknowledged that the VA’s proposed budget for next year included it as a way to increase revenue. But Shinseki told the Senate committee that “a final decision hasn’t been made yet.”

“It’s a betrayal,” said Joe Violante, legislative director of Disabled American Veterans, which signed the letter to Obama. “My insurance company didn’t send me to Vietnam. My government did. The same holds true for men and women now fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. It’s the government’s responsibility.”

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/17662

Military does cut throat things they cant sit around in pink panties and look pretty; they sometimes have to do bad things.

I am ok with my military selling guns or giving guns to my enemy if they are going to use them to kill someone that is even a bigger enemy than they are. I am ok with sniper shooting people like the president of Iran, im ok with sniper stuff with Cuba and all those crazy countries. And im ok with propping up an enemy if that enemy is going to kill a bigger enemy. Then if he causes me problems, im ok with our military killing him too!

It will be interesting to see how Obama spins this. I think he will see the backlash and say he was miss quoted and all the drooling bots will say the leaders of the vet affairs were liars and only Obama was telling the truth... and I will continue to have the same amount of respect for them as I currently do :)

I'm confused. Who do you think Oliver North sold arms to, that was an enemy?

I will wait till I actually can see something legit that talks about the plan, ...sorry rush and basically fox news don't cut it. If it takes away form vets health care I am against it...but I somehow doubt that's the real plan.

Funny how people on the left always say "Fox News and Rush don't cut it", yet so rarely does anyone post explicitly from either source. I've seen a few from Fox, and I have yet to hear Rush as the source for anything, unless he is the topic.

What this tells me is that most on the left can't argue much with either source, so instead they dissmiss both out of hand. Ironically must of Rush's commentary is based on the mass media.

Now if you were to actually read something, post #8 of this thread includes a quote and link, to the actual plan. It will indirectly make Vets pay, through their private insurance, for combat related injuries. The source is the Washington Post.

Nancy Pelosi :

I'm pleased to announce that we have some good news. Over the past several days, President Obama has listened to the genuine concerns expressed by veterans' leaders and veterans' service organizations regarding the option of billing service connected to veterans' insurance companies.

Based on the respect that President Obama has for our nation's veterans and the principled concerns expressed by veterans' leaders, the President has made the decision that the combat-wounded veterans should not be billed through their insurance policies for combat-related injuries.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs:

The President has consistently stated that he is committed to working with veterans on the details of the 2010 VA Budget Proposal. The President demonstrated his deep commitment to veterans by proposing the largest increase in the VA budget in 30 years and calling VSO and MSO leaders into the White House for an unprecedented meeting to discuss various aspects of the budget proposal. In considering the third party billing issue, the administration was seeking to maximize the resources available for veterans; however, the President listened to concerns raised by the VSOs that this might, under certain circumstances, affect veterans and their families' ability to access health care. Therefore, the President has instructed that its consideration be dropped. The President wants to continue a constructive partnership with the VSOs and MSOs and is grateful to those VSOs and MSOs who have worked in good faith with him on the budget proposal.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-veterans-for-service-related-health-care.php

Nancy Pelosi :

I'm pleased to announce that we have some good news. Over the past several days, President Obama has listened to the genuine concerns expressed by veterans' leaders and veterans' service organizations regarding the option of billing service connected to veterans' insurance companies.

Based on the respect that President Obama has for our nation's veterans and the principled concerns expressed by veterans' leaders, the President has made the decision that the combat-wounded veterans should not be billed through their insurance policies for combat-related injuries.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs:

The President has consistently stated that he is committed to working with veterans on the details of the 2010 VA Budget Proposal. The President demonstrated his deep commitment to veterans by proposing the largest increase in the VA budget in 30 years and calling VSO and MSO leaders into the White House for an unprecedented meeting to discuss various aspects of the budget proposal. In considering the third party billing issue, the administration was seeking to maximize the resources available for veterans; however, the President listened to concerns raised by the VSOs that this might, under certain circumstances, affect veterans and their families' ability to access health care. Therefore, the President has instructed that its consideration be dropped. The President wants to continue a constructive partnership with the VSOs and MSOs and is grateful to those VSOs and MSOs who have worked in good faith with him on the budget proposal.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-veterans-for-service-related-health-care.php

That is wonderful

The vets in charge who had a meeting with him left feeling he was not interested what they had to say.

That he even was "considering" it sucks a fatty

but if he realized this wont fly and is giving up then I am happy

thanks for the post

Werbung:
Yeah, they wouldn't have to announce they weren't going to do it if they weren't considering it!

Back