Obama to Push Immigration Bill

BigRob

NYT Story.

Garbage. I recall trying amnesty once before, and it accomplished a grand total of nothing towards ending the illegal immigration problem. Why will this be different? It seems to me that they should not be allowed to stay in the country if they "come out of the shadows" since they are in blatant violation of the law.

It appears (to me) that this bill does nothing more than grant amnesty for a small fee, and allow those who broke the law to continue doing so.

Werbung:
NYT Story.

Garbage. I recall trying amnesty once before, and it accomplished a grand total of nothing towards ending the illegal immigration problem. Why will this be different? It seems to me that they should not be allowed to stay in the country if they "come out of the shadows" since they are in blatant violation of the law.

It appears (to me) that this bill does nothing more than grant amnesty for a small fee, and allow those who broke the law to continue doing so.

unless you see a plan to actuly remove them all...then its what you have anyway..at least with a real plan you can get a better idea who is who , and weed out people just here to work, and those with worse backgrounds. It may suck, but fact is they are not getting sent back, so lets be real about it and deal with it. and you can still make it hard, punish them, but only thing that happens if we dont do something...is the problem stays at it currently is.

and if anyone thinks it should be tied to border guards, and walls, and all that...they should look into how most actually get in the US in the first place.

unless you see a plan to actuly remove them all...then its what you have anyway..at least with a real plan you can get a better idea who is who , and weed out people just here to work, and those with worse backgrounds. It may suck, but fact is they are not getting sent back, so lets be real about it and deal with it. and you can still make it hard, punish them, but only thing that happens if we dont do something...is the problem stays at it currently is.

and if anyone thinks it should be tied to border guards, and walls, and all that...they should look into how most actually get in the US in the first place.

That is exactly what we were told last time we granted them all amnesty. In many cases taking away their jobs, or making it harder for people to hire them eliminates their desire to be here.

For example, why can't we get a program like E-Verify implemented? It works, it is simple, but politically it gets blocked. Why?

Seal the border tight and watch Mexico come completely unraveled.
Maybe a new more responsible government will emerge.

I have personally suffered the result of unfettered immigration. Working in the construction field for 22 years I have seen the wages of hard working Americans remain stagnant for the past 20 years. The most recent increase in real estate prices prior to the collapse of the housing market netted billions of dollars in profit for developers while the wages of construction labor were held to 1988 prices due to the never ending supply of cheaper and cheaper labor availability from illegal immigration.

Even as a contractor who is confined by the laws of Ca. I find now in this recessive economy the lack of any kind of law enforcement concerning the hiring of non licensed and illegal workers. I am competing directly with the laborers in the Home Depot parking lot.

I must ask myself "what the hell are you doing by conforming to the law." The law seems only to penalize me with fees, regulations and demands of insurance and the ability for customers to seek damages against me.

Even when union workers examine the pay they've received in contrast to the increases in medical insurance, they to are being cheated.

As a former superintendent on a union job site I have witnessed first hand how the International Union of Painters and Allied trades actually condones the use of said illegals, after all their an International union. Dues and the funding of the pension fund and the D.N.C. is at the top of their priority list.

I agree seal the border. Drastically increase the number of people patrolling the border. Take away their jobs, the government assistance (wic, food stamps), and make it difficult for them to function. It's like when you have people over to your house, and they stay to late. You start to give little hints, it gets a little obvious that you are ready for them to leave.........Same principle only we don't want them to come back ever. (Illegally that is)

If we made a law that no company could write off the cost of someone’s wages unless they were a legal citizen or legal resident alien and gave heavy fines for companies who hired illegal aliens, companies would not hire them and they would go home. It would not fix every single thing like the ones who come and do illegal jobs like selling drugs or prostitution or even “others” who sneak over the southern border to cause harm to the US but it would take a huge chunk out of the problem and do it for next to nothing in cost to the tax payer.

Better border security would help with those who came for the second reasons.

Werbung:
If we made a law that no company could write off the cost of someone’s wages unless they were a legal citizen or legal resident alien and gave heavy fines for companies who hired illegal aliens, companies would not hire them and they would go home. It would not fix every single thing like the ones who come and do illegal jobs like selling drugs or prostitution or even “others” who sneak over the southern border to cause harm to the US but it would take a huge chunk out of the problem and do it for next to nothing in cost to the tax payer.

Better border security would help with those who came for the second reasons.

yea that's the problem we don't have a law against it for the companies....wait no we do, we just don't enforce it because no one wants to actually do it, republicans like to rally around it, but hate to actually take the actions because they know it pisses off a lot of people in there party they want

Back