Obama to reporter: "I didn't know you were a spokesman for Mitt Romney!"

Little-Acorn

In a hilarious faux pas, a reporter read a quote from Mitt Romney's latest debate performance - a technique used extensively in press conferences, debates, and new shows. Romney has said that if people wanted to vote for a weak United States, they should not vote for him, beause they already had a President who was doing that.

Obama's reaction was classic. He stood for a moment with his mouth open, as nothing came up on the teleprompter, and finally stuttered, "I didn't know you were a spokesman for Romney," before changing the subject.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...you-were-the-spokesman-for-mitt-romney_b92595

Getting asked about quotes other people said about you, has to be one of the most common things politicians face from reporters. But Obama is clearly used to dealing with reporters who are, in fact, dedicated spokesmen for HIM, who would never do such a thing.

When confronted with a normal reporter, the question caused him so much surprise, that he could only blurt out the first thing that came to mind: This reporter must be a spokesman for SOMEONE ELSE!

I'll bet his speechwriters are working madly, even as we speak, on something for him to say, on the off chance that some other reporter tries to inject a little reality into a future press conference.

Werbung:
I'll bet his handlers are finding out who let that guy in.

Considering we are being told that his campaign in "pivoting" to attacking Romney, one would have thought he had been told new zingers to direct at his lone opponent.

They will, as they did before, limit off the cuff opportunities now that they have been reminded he sucks at it.

Back