1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Obama to the Doctor

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by BigRob, Jul 28, 2008.

1. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I think it would be funny if Obama needs a hip replacement before McCain :D

2. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

Rise above the pettiness Rob.

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Admit it, it would be funny lol. Not that any of it matters, but I would at least find it humorous.

4. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

For me there is no humour in this Rob. What it rings of is a cheap attempt at a shot at Obama using wishful thinking. It's not you Rob, or at least I thought it wasn't you? There is really nothing funy about any young man needing a hip replacement.

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I am not gonna get into this with you. Obviously I do not wish harm on anyone in the race, I just think it would ironic, since McCain is the "old" one.

6. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Hey BigRob, I think it's unfair you criticize the poor guy's obvious physical frailty. :D A gust of wind might catch those huge ears and blow his skinny frame away - then how bad would you feel? :p

7. top gun

top gun New Member

With McCain's super extensive cancer history isn't the bigger story the new spot & biopsy on McCain's face???

McCain has spot removed from his face for biopsy
    Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:20pm EDT

BAKERSFIELD, California (Reuters) -

Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who has suffered from skin cancer in the past, said on Monday his doctor has removed a spot from his face during a routine checkup in Phoenix earlier in the day.

McCain said the spot on the right side of his face, which an aide described as being like a mole, would be biopsied.

"At this point it was just a precautionary removal," an aide told reporters on McCain's campaign plane.

The Arizona senator discussed the spot while speaking to journalists at an oil field in Bakersfield, California, where he was pushing his energy agenda.

McCain has had four malignant melanomas -- a potentially lethal type of skin cancer -- surgically removed since 1993. Three of them were limited to the top layers of the skin and were not invasive.

The fourth melanoma, removed from his left temple in 2000, was invasive. During that surgery, doctors also took out lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread.

Doctors have removed other less serious skin cancers, including basal cell and squamous cell cancers, from McCain's skin without complication.

As a skin cancer survivor, McCain remains at risk for recurrence or new cancers.

8. UShadItComing

UShadItComing New Member

I always have said that just before time runs out and providing that McCain is looking like too much of a loser, they would find a reason to pull him. And I predicted that it would be because of his Cancer problems on his face.

Maybe, maybe not?

9. dragonfly5

dragonfly5 Member

It would be ironic at the least!