Obama to the Doctor

BigRob

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) – Just back from an eight-day trip to the Middle East and Europe, Barack Obama went to see a doctor Sunday night at the University of Chicago Medical Center to examine a sore hip.

"His hip has been sore from basketball for a few weeks so he's going to see an orthopedic doctor," said senior adviser Robert Gibbs.

Obama works out almost every day and is an avid basketball player. The last time he played was shooting around with U.S. troops on a quick stop in Kuwait where he complained of hip pain.

I think it would be funny if Obama needs a hip replacement before McCain :D

Werbung:
Admit it, it would be funny lol. Not that any of it matters, but I would at least find it humorous.

For me there is no humour in this Rob. What it rings of is a cheap attempt at a shot at Obama using wishful thinking. It's not you Rob, or at least I thought it wasn't you? There is really nothing funy about any young man needing a hip replacement.

For me there is no humour in this Rob. What it rings of is a cheap attempt at a shot at Obama using wishful thinking. It's not you Rob, or at least I thought it wasn't you? There is really nothing funy about any young man needing a hip replacement.

I am not gonna get into this with you. Obviously I do not wish harm on anyone in the race, I just think it would ironic, since McCain is the "old" one.

Hey BigRob, I think it's unfair you criticize the poor guy's obvious physical frailty. :D A gust of wind might catch those huge ears and blow his skinny frame away - then how bad would you feel? :p

With McCain's super extensive cancer history isn't the bigger story the new spot & biopsy on McCain's face???

McCain has spot removed from his face for biopsy
Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:20pm EDT

BAKERSFIELD, California (Reuters) -

Republican presidential candidate John McCain, who has suffered from skin cancer in the past, said on Monday his doctor has removed a spot from his face during a routine checkup in Phoenix earlier in the day.

McCain said the spot on the right side of his face, which an aide described as being like a mole, would be biopsied.

"At this point it was just a precautionary removal," an aide told reporters on McCain's campaign plane.

The Arizona senator discussed the spot while speaking to journalists at an oil field in Bakersfield, California, where he was pushing his energy agenda.

McCain has had four malignant melanomas -- a potentially lethal type of skin cancer -- surgically removed since 1993. Three of them were limited to the top layers of the skin and were not invasive.

The fourth melanoma, removed from his left temple in 2000, was invasive. During that surgery, doctors also took out lymph nodes to see if the cancer had spread.

Doctors have removed other less serious skin cancers, including basal cell and squamous cell cancers, from McCain's skin without complication.

As a skin cancer survivor, McCain remains at risk for recurrence or new cancers.

I always have said that just before time runs out and providing that McCain is looking like too much of a loser, they would find a reason to pull him. And I predicted that it would be because of his Cancer problems on his face.

Maybe, maybe not?

McCain Guru Linked To Subprime Crisis

See: 4:47 thru 12:00
The 2008 collapse was caused by the introduction/expansion of new mortgage instruments such as mortgage-backed securities, credit default swaps, derivatives, and so forth, all unleased by the mortgage banking deregulation bill known as the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000.

Frank haunted by stance on Fannie, Freddie - The Boston Globe

1695243930541.png
By Donovan Slack

Globe Staff / October 14, 2010

In an effort to increase homeownership, the Clinton administration in the late 1990s and the Bush administration in the 2000s pushed Fannie and Freddie to meet growing quotas for buying affordable home loans. Those pushes, combined with a drive for more profits at the enterprises, drove Fannie and Freddie to take on more risk and more debt. They backed subprime and other risky loans, including mortgages for borrowers without proof of steady income.

The 2008 collapse was caused by the introduction/expansion of new mortgage instruments such as mortgage-backed securities, credit default swaps, derivatives, and so forth, all unleased by the mortgage banking deregulation bill known as the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000.

Frank haunted by stance on Fannie, Freddie - The Boston Globe

View attachment 7678
By Donovan Slack

Globe Staff / October 14, 2010

In an effort to increase homeownership, the Clinton administration in the late 1990s and the Bush administration in the 2000s pushed Fannie and Freddie to meet growing quotas for buying affordable home loans. Those pushes, combined with a drive for more profits at the enterprises, drove Fannie and Freddie to take on more risk and more debt. They backed subprime and other risky loans, including mortgages for borrowers without proof of steady income.
And GWB supported every bit of it.

And GWB supported every bit of it.
That is not exactly true. Republicans, including Bush, did not approve of the excesses unleashed by the mortgage banking deregulation in the Commodities Futures Act and they tried to rein in the out-of-control credit-less mortgage lending, but Democrats opposed those Bush era efforts.

Move to Rein In Loan Buyers - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Move to Rein In Loan Buyers

By The Associated Press

• May 26, 2005
WASHINGTON, May 25 - A House committee on Wednesday approved legislation that would strengthen federal oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the mortgage companies.

The bill, approved 65-5 by the House Financial Services Committee, falls short of the Bush administration's proposal to reduce the multibillion-dollar holdings of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Republicans are pushing to rein in the two government-sponsored companies that have been beset by accounting scandals. Efforts by Democrats to reshape the bill generally failed in the Republican-controlled committee.

The bill would create a stronger federal regulator with authority over the nation's two biggest buyers of home mortgages. Expressing concern, Representative Paul E. Kanjorski, Democrat of Pennsylvania, said, "We shouldn't go overboard here."

Werbung:
That is not exactly true. Republicans, including Bush, did not approve of the excesses unleashed by the mortgage banking deregulation in the Commodities Futures Act and they tried to rein in the out-of-control credit-less mortgage lending, but Democrats opposed those Bush era efforts.

Move to Rein In Loan Buyers - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Move to Rein In Loan Buyers

By The Associated Press

• May 26, 2005
WASHINGTON, May 25 - A House committee on Wednesday approved legislation that would strengthen federal oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the mortgage companies.

The bill, approved 65-5 by the House Financial Services Committee, falls short of the Bush administration's proposal to reduce the multibillion-dollar holdings of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Republicans are pushing to rein in the two government-sponsored companies that have been beset by accounting scandals. Efforts by Democrats to reshape the bill generally failed in the Republican-controlled committee.

The bill would create a stronger federal regulator with authority over the nation's two biggest buyers of home mortgages. Expressing concern, Representative Paul E. Kanjorski, Democrat of Pennsylvania, said, "We shouldn't go overboard here."
Yeah sure they did.
Those people are big republican donors and the regulation was like getting flogged with a warm lettuce.
Let's not talk about corrupt democrats when those things happens.

Back