Obama wants to close the Guantanamo prison!

Many people have been held in GB with no charge or trial.

If you think this is acceptable then you should be very careful.

One day you may be on the receiving end because that is happens when you let civil liberty abuses go unchallenged.

Are they americans there who have rights under the constitution or are they people who were captured in Iraq and Afganastan either doing terrorist acts or suspected of doing terrorist acts?

I think there is a big differnce.

Werbung:
Move them to maximum security prisons or military prisons and try them. Our constitution says that if we don't have enough evidence to convict them then we will have to turn them loose. This is how America operates.

Don't like it? Don't let the door hit you on your way to another country.

are you saying all those people in gitmo are americans? who have rights under the constituion of the united states?

There are totally differnt laws for those who are being held in war than some american being held

Are they americans there who have rights under the constitution or are they people who were captured in Iraq and Afganastan either doing terrorist acts or suspected of doing terrorist acts?
....Or, the subject of Sheriff Georgie's ca$h-bountie$? :rolleyes:

can you explain further please? Im not following

He means how we offered cash rewards and the local tribes in an area or in a village simply turned each other in or turned in someone they did not like just to get rid of them and to get the money.

He means how we offered cash rewards and the local tribes in an area or in a village simply turned each other in or turned in someone they did not like just to get rid of them and to get the money.

yuck that really happened? I did not know about that. Were the people released after they realized this or no?

yuck that really happened? I did not know about that. Were the people released after they realized this or no?

Well the one who say that happened are the ones who were detained.

There has been no official confirmation by US officials that we went over and were offering bounties just for anyone to be turned in.

Typically the United States will only pay a bounty for someone they designate in advance, such as Bin Laden, and will not simply throw money at anyone who shows up and says they know a terrorist.

Afghan intelligence did offer rewards for the capture of al-Qaida fighters, which unofficially might have been paid by the United States, but that is not able to be confirmed.

The main group of people who made this claim were a group of 17 Chinese muslims called Uighurs. They were released and brought into the United States.

I am sure he will find lovely hotels in NYC for them~ NoO
Yes, probably right next door to where BushCo has their friend Osama Bin Laden stashed.

Bush's friend Salem Bin Laden probably insisted his brother get a nice penthouse on the top floor to be sure....at taxpayer's expense. One where he could view where the twin towers used to be..

We need to define terrorism before we hunt it down.

Yes, probably right next door to where BushCo has their friend Osama Bin Laden stashed.

Bush's friend Salem Bin Laden probably insisted his brother get a nice penthouse on the top floor to be sure....at taxpayer's expense. One where he could view where the twin towers used to be..

We need to define terrorism before we hunt it down.

ObamaCo should do a great job of defining terrorism :) I am sure they will get their man, perhaps with the Civilian National Security instead of the real army :)

Well the one who say that happened are the ones who were detained.

There has been no official confirmation by US officials that we went over and were offering bounties just for anyone to be turned in.

Typically the United States will only pay a bounty for someone they designate in advance, such as Bin Laden, and will not simply throw money at anyone who shows up and says they know a terrorist.

Afghan intelligence did offer rewards for the capture of al-Qaida fighters, which unofficially might have been paid by the United States, but that is not able to be confirmed.

The main group of people who made this claim were a group of 17 Chinese muslims called Uighurs. They were released and brought into the United States.

Oh ok I thought it was a known fact that this had happened, not just some guy giving excuses.

so they brought 17 chinese muslims here? why? cant they send them to china?

This was one topic I did not like paying attention to because it would make me so mad, and the sad part is with obama it wont be any better

Oh ok I thought it was a known fact that this had happened, not just some guy giving excuses.

Always maintain plausible deniability.

so they brought 17 chinese muslims here? why? cant they send them to china?

They will tell you that they went to Afghanistan to train in guerrilla tactics to start a revolt in China. Send them back to China they will just be shot.

This was one topic I did not like paying attention to because it would make me so mad, and the sad part is with obama it wont be any better

The legal precedence for holding them without trial is clear and sound. The problem comes because Protocol II of the Geneva Conventions. The United States never ratified it, but Europe and Red Cross will demand that it be recognized as customary law.

The whole premise of why we never ratified it was due in a large part because we did not want PLO "freedom fighters" to get the same protections as if they were fighting a conventional war.

Problem with GITMO is not that its legal footing is not sound, but rather that we let the publicity campaign be shaped by those who feel we are bound by customary law. Under Bill Clinton (who set up some of precedence for it) he avoided any real case against the practice by keeping detainees off of US soil at all times. A big mistake Bush made was bringing them to US soil, which gives courts clear jurisdiction.

Werbung:
Back