Obama Will Be Inheriting A GREAT Economy, From Lil' Dumbya!!

......if it wasn't for all the dems who opposed regulations 4 years ago we wouldn't be in this mess...
Name seven of those Dems who opposed regulations 4 years ago....you know....so you don't look like one more person who throws-around negative-generalizations....rather-than admitting you haven't a clue about much of anything. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
As I said, if he hadn't illegally attacked a non threatening country the US and the rest of the world would not be in the financial ****.

The war has cost enough to have made the credit crunch a minor problem.

Or to solve world hunger.

Better to spend the money killing Iraqis and Afghans though
No doubt!!!

It's the Patriotic-thing-to-do!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah cos 'Merican lives are worth more than those islamofascists trrrrrrstttssss Al Kayda sucide bombing muslims.

Even 'Merican foetuses are worth more than their civilians who are all trrrsstttss suicide bombers and they are really bad cos they kill people in market places. Not like our brave 'Merican fighter pilots who bravely drop 2,000lb bombs on them killing thousands and then flying off without fear of anything happening to them.

Why don't these rag heads come out and fight like men? I mean we have a trillion dollar war machine with multi billion dollar technology and they have bows and arrows so they should stand up and fight as equals. That is if they can't welcome as the heroes we are for attacking their country and killing hundreds of thousands of them to liberate them from the tryrrany of being killed by Saddam.

Don't these fools realise that it is much better to be killed by the coalition than by SH? That it is a privelege to have their infrastructure destroyed and millions made refugees.

Jeez some people are so ungrateful.

You'd think we'd stolen their oil or something

Whew!!! Do you have anything in your repertoire, besides negative-generalizations?? :confused:

Maybe you're too-young to remember the '90s. :rolleyes:
Funny, because I was thinking the same thing about you.

Yes, I remember the '90s well. I even remember watching Neil Armstrong step down from the LM and make his historic proclamation while it was actually happening (although there was a small time delay due to the distance between the Earth and the Moon).

You're suffering from a very widely held misconception that economy creates the need for more energy and then we just... go out and find new sources for said energy. Unfortunately, that was sort of how it worked once upon a time but that's now failing because regular conventional oil production has peaked. "All Liquids" has still been rising but even that's approaching a peak. If you were to plot a net production curve (EROEI) and further augment it with a distribution curve due to an increasingly larger consumer base, you'd see that we're definitely post-peak in terms of per-capita energy availability.

For years now we've been making up that exponentionally rising difference by increasing efficiencies in industrial manufacturing processes, vehicular powerplants, product & energy distribution and the like. But... we're nearing the point where the TARs (Time-Adjusted Return) are getting further and further "out there". That is, when CAPEX cannot be offset by lifetime OPEX reductions, then you've reached a practical limit and a "work done per energy consumed" plateau.

We've also exported manufacturing processes to developing nations to reduce labor costs. On the surface, this is always considered a betrayal to The Little Guy by some rich bastard who's looking to make yet another fast buck. Looking deeper, it's the consumer buying the product that ultimately looks at the price in the store and decides to buy the cheaper version not made in the USA. Having a plethora of cheaper foreign goods to choose from is kinda' like getting a raise because your money goes further, but the end of the story is not "...and they lived happily ever after!"

In the economic Big Picture, there are only a few ways of increasing wealth on a nation's macroeconomic scale: manufacturing, agriculture and resources. Our biggest economic problem is that we're consuming more energy from abroad than we're returning to our foreign trade partners in tangible products. Yes, we can create jobs just to put people to work but it won't necessarily translate to more wealth per capita unless said efforts actually produce a net income from sales in foreign markets. And if The Consumer in said foreign nations looks at our price and says, "...to hell with that--I can buy from China or India for half the price" then "Made in USA" isn't going to cut it. Of course, that's manufacturing and we've still got agriculture and some resources.

That's a brief summary--the devil's in the details, naturally. And I understand that I seem a bit negative, but I'm a troubleshooter--I'm employed to analyze real failures and find real solutions. To add a twist on the old saying: just because you're a pessimist doesn't mean things aren't going badly.

I'm sure you're thinking that if only we could reroute funds stolen from The Masses by The Rich, we'd return to The Glory Days. Call it: BigRobinHood-onomics. When the initial smoke clears though, Jevons Paradox is going to bite bigtime.

If Bush hadn't trumped up charges against Iraq and embarked on two unwinnable wars the credit crunch would have been a blip. But I suppose lying about WMD was done by Clinton too.

Dawks, I totally disagree. Additionally, every legitimate economist disagrees with you! Every article I've read in the WSJ has pointed directly to the housing crisis as THE ISSUE.

Did I say Clinton did ANYTHING with WMD??

Stop being a dramaQueen and stick to facts. I want to hear YOUR FACTS to back up your stupid statement.

"As I said, if he hadn't illegally attacked a non threatening country the US and the rest of the world would not be in the financial ****."

Dawk, have you taken even a BASIC ECONOMICS CLASS? You certainly don't speak as if you understand low level economics.

The world is in this mess because of the stock market crash. The crash happened for several factos. All of them because we, the US wanted to give "the dream of home ownership to everyone"...even when they couldn't afford it!!!

In the economic Big Picture, there are only a few ways of increasing wealth on a nation's macroeconomic scale: manufacturing, agriculture and resources. Our biggest economic problem is that we're consuming more energy from abroad than we're returning to our foreign trade partners in tangible products. Yes, we can create jobs just to put people to work but it won't necessarily translate to more wealth per capita unless said efforts actually produce a net income from sales in foreign markets.

That's a brief summary--the devil's in the details, naturally. And I understand that I seem a bit negative, but I'm a troubleshooter--I'm employed to analyze real failures and find real solutions.
Oh....you mean, a consultant. :rolleyes:

My backgraound is Engineering; specifically Manufacturing-Engineering...the folks who (actually) develop solutions (rather than theorize-about solutions). I guess I'm more-opptimistic because I see real changes actually happening....and, most people will be absolutely shocked at the new-economy on The Horizon. ;)

Unite, have you done a simple course in mathematics?

The amount of money spent on the war would be enough to solve the problems of the credit crunch.

Der

Oh....you mean, a consultant. :rolleyes:

My backgraound [sic] is Engineering; specifically Manufacturing-Engineering...the folks who (actually) develop solutions (rather than theorize-about [sic] solutions). I guess I'm more-opptimistic [sic] because I see real changes actually happening....and, most people will be absolutely shocked at the new-economy on The Horizon. ;)
No, not a consultant--I engineer for an OEM in the energy sector. I've commissioned and troubleshot a lot of equipment and systems. Pure hands-on. Have a patent, too, on leading-edge technology that's been "reduced to practice".

Would you like to pro-and-con the "real changes actually happening" that you're referring to? You know... "specificity"? That thing you think I'm incapable of?

No it wouldn't!!! Not even close. Prove it.

You can't even back up the statements you make! LOL

The United States is looking at 7 TRILLION in the bailout total.

Compare that to the cost of the war and they are no where close to each other. (not that I think we haven't spent too much on the war...I do.)

The numbers worldwide on this economic mess is far beyond our 7 Trillion.

Stock Markets have lost trillions!!!

Give me some data to back your stupid statements.

You mean like you do?

Guess that means you have none....

Anyway, the Pentagon, and anti-war cites included, will cite the figure of the cost of the war at $580,000,000,000. In one bailout alone we spent $700,000,000,000. Now we are being told by the incoming President we need to spend another potential trillion on a stimulus to get thing moving again. This of course leaves our the massive bailouts such as AIG, Fanne, Freddie that already happened.

Simple math indeed. You are wrong.

Werbung:
Anyway, the Pentagon, and anti-war cites included, will cite the figure of the cost of the war at $580,000,000,000. In one bailout alone we spent $700,000,000,000. Now we are being told by the incoming President we need to spend another potential trillion on a stimulus to get thing moving again. This of course leaves our the massive bailouts such as AIG, Fanne, Freddie that already happened.

Simple math indeed. You are wrong.
$580 Billion is largely the congressional emergency appropriations.

There are other costs expended directly from the defense budget. There is the cost of lost military equipment and munitions, and the interest on the borrowed money. Finally there are disabled veterans costs and military life insurance. Including these "non-emergency" costs will bring the total cost of the war to 1.6 trillion. Indirect cost estimates that affect the economy add up to roughly an additional trillion in the next few years.

Back