Obama'a Health Coverage is for illegal Immigrants

asur

Obama has said all shall be covered and I believe he meant all!

Get over it Joe Wilson, the Obama administration and Democrats want it that way. Look at their actions not the words they speak!

There is no requirement for illegals to prove they are citizens or legal residents before getting health care benefits under Obam'a plan. In fact, Democrats on the Energy and Commerce and Ways and Means committees defeated Republican-offered amendments that would have required people to verify their legal status before getting care, with some Democrats saying such requirements would be unnecessarily burdensome for people legally entitled to coverage.

Remember when Democrats wanted no oversight on the reckless Fannie Mae lending?

Werbung:
why else would the ammendments be voted against unless they want to give them access to the health care.

If a bill gets passed without health care for illegals then either there will be no check to see who is legal and who is not so they will get care anyway, or the court will say that the law is unconstitutional unless illegals get covered.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/obamas_misleading_statements_o.html

Does it matter if it is granted in the bill or if the bill is later interpreted to allow it or if it just happens anyway:

"Smerconish followed up by asking if illegal immigrants would still be treated at emergency rooms, as is often the case now. "That will continue," Obama said. "
http://boards.history.com/topic/Current-Events/Obamano-Healthcare-For/520070214

Does P. Obama want health care for illegals to be in the ER or does he want it to be in the bills?

Did he change his mind? All the other times he said we needed universal health care he cited the number of 46 million uninsured and that number included illegal aliens.

Obama has said all shall be covered and I believe he meant all!

Get over it Joe Wilson, the Obama administration and Democrats want it that way. Look at their actions not the words they speak!

There is no requirement for illegals to prove they are citizens or legal residents before getting health care benefits under Obam'a plan. In fact, Democrats on the Energy and Commerce and Ways and Means committees defeated Republican-offered amendments that would have required people to verify their legal status before getting care, with some Democrats saying such requirements would be unnecessarily burdensome for people legally entitled to coverage.

Remember when Democrats wanted no oversight on the reckless Fannie Mae lending?

Sure...

Actually, Obama can make a pretty thorough case that reform doesn't apply to those here illegally We don't find the public option argument enough to make the case that Obama "lied." We rate Wilson's statement False.

http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter...lson-south-carolina-said-obama-lied-he-didnt/

The president said NO illegal aliens would be covered. The portion of the bill dealing with this issue is Sec. 246 in HR 3200. It has the title "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS." If that isn't clear enough, the portion states, "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."

Maybe there are some neighborhood kids that can help explain what that means to you.

However, what the dimwits can't seem to grasp is the point that even if a few illegal aliens found a way to get into the system, they would have to PAY premiums like everyone else. That's cheaper for everyone than having them go to emergency rooms and having the cost absorbed by everyone else.

But feel free to go ahead and try to spread your lie. It's been debunked so many times it makes you look quite foolish. We enjoy that part.

The president said NO illegal aliens would be covered. The portion of the bill dealing with this issue is Sec. 246 in HR 3200. It has the title "NO FEDERAL PAYMENT FOR UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS." If that isn't clear enough, the portion states, "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States."

Maybe there are some neighborhood kids that can help explain what that means to you.

However, what the dimwits can't seem to grasp is the point that even if a few illegal aliens found a way to get into the system, they would have to PAY premiums like everyone else. That's cheaper for everyone than having them go to emergency rooms and having the cost absorbed by everyone else.

But feel free to go ahead and try to spread your lie. It's been debunked so many times it makes you look quite foolish. We enjoy that part.

stop your facts are no use against rants and hyperbol!

Dr. Who said it well.. an illegal gets sick, he goes to the emergency room, and will be treated. That's the way it works now and that's the way it will work in the future. A hospital ER can't turn away someone with a broken leg or ruptured appendix. The only way you can keep an illegal out of the ER is to put immigration Guards at the doorway and ship them to back to Mexico - what are the chances of that?

Plus you would have to be a fool think that any sick person who comes to the ER is going to be check for his passport prior to admittance. Everyone, including illegals are going to get treated, and the hospital is going to factor in the extra cost in their overhead - cost of doing business. Then the rest of us who legitimately pay for our hospital bills are all going to pay a little extra because of the some illegal didn't pay his bill.

Solution: Send the illegals back to Mexico where they can get health care (sort of)...BEFORE THEY GET SICK

Dr. Who said it well.. an illegal gets sick, he goes to the emergency room, and will be treated. That's the way it works now and that's the way it will work in the future. A hospital ER can't turn away someone with a broken leg or ruptured appendix. The only way you can keep an illegal out of the ER is to put immigration Guards at the doorway and ship them to back to Mexico - what are the chances of that?

Plus you would have to be a fool think that any sick person who comes to the ER is going to be check for his passport prior to admittance. Everyone, including illegals are going to get treated, and the hospital is going to factor in the extra cost in their overhead - cost of doing business. Then the rest of us who legitimately pay for our hospital bills are all going to pay a little extra because of the some illegal didn't pay his bill.

Solution: Send the illegals back to Mexico where they can get health care (sort of)...BEFORE THEY GET SICK

Mexican nationals are covered under their universal single payer system. Surely the US has enough clout to demand that the Mexican health care system pays for their nationals that get treated here - we only have to want to.

On a side note: If they have universal health care in Mexico but they still choose to come here to get under the table jobs paying less than minimum wage that tells us something of the relative worth of the two items.

Mexican nationals are covered under their universal single payer system. Surely the US has enough clout to demand that the Mexican health care system pays for their nationals that get treated here - we only have to want to.

On a side note: If they have universal health care in Mexico but they still choose to come here to get under the table jobs paying less than minimum wage that tells us something of the relative worth of the two items.

I lived in San Diego for 30 years and got to be quite familiar with the undocumented workers living conditions and wages. The standard wage for any worker that is worth keeping around is the minimum wage (now $8 per hour). I never met anyone who would any job for less pay (except agricultural workers who got paid by the quantity of fruit, vegetable, etc, picked) - these agricultural workers usually got paid more and were provided with a bunk house. So the US is a very enticing place to work compared to 3rd world countries.

With regard to health care in Mexico, I am only marginally familiar. However, since I was self-employed I carried $5000 deductible (major medical) health insurance. I would often drive to Tia Juana to buy prescription drugs like anti-bionics for infections or and high blood pressure medicine. Several times I went to a Mexican doctor several times to have some minor work done - such as a bad skin scrape that was infected with dirt (fell off my horse). The small operating room was simple and used re-usable equipment kept in a blue pan of disinfectant - the same way I remember a doctor's office in the US when I was young. Of course the doctor only charged me $35 for the work.

I suspect sophisticated surgery equipment for brain tumors, etc. are simply not available under the universal health care in Mexico. So a Mexican Universal Health care program would be a lot different and a lot less expensive than in the US.

I have always advocated a contract worker system like the rest of the world uses. That is, a private company, licensed by the government, matches a foreign worker with a pre-arranged job. This private company gets a health and police check, gives a 2 month crash course on the language, gets a work visa for the US, and is responsible for making sure the worker goes home after the year or two contract ends. The worker must pay a fee to the agent company. The agent company, in turn, pays for minimal health care costs required by the worker in the host country. If the worker is seriously ill, he/she is sent home.

One interesting example of contract workers is in Singapore. Here the workers are only allowed to do certain tasks, such as domestic workers. In shopping centers you can see maids waiting to be hired. Again, the agency company is 100% responsible for the workers. Here's a typical scene; quite a bit different than the illegal aliens seeking work in the US.
banner.jpg

Aliens with green cards or work visas would be covered in Obama's plan and most
have little problem with that. But it's the illegals that many have a problem with.

8/8/2009 Obama said: “Reform is obviously essential for the 46 million Americans who don’t have health insurance.”
9/10/2009 OBAMA said: “There are now more than thirty million American citizens who cannot get coverage.”

Yes, Obama changed his "uninsured" stats from 46 Million to 30 Million, although maybe he can explain it? But it doesn't really matter what he lies about does it? We know he plans on covering illegals and that most American are against
his plan!

Use your noggin and not the green-tinted glasses!
Then you see Obama's plan is all about covering illegals immigrants also!

Aliens with green cards or work visas would be covered in Obama's plan and most
have little problem with that. But it's the illegals that many have a problem with.

8/8/2009 Obama said: “Reform is obviously essential for the 46 million Americans who don’t have health insurance.”
9/10/2009 OBAMA said: “There are now more than thirty million American citizens who cannot get coverage.”

Yes, Obama changed his "uninsured" stats from 46 Million to 30 Million, although maybe he can explain it? But it doesn't really matter what he lies about does it? We know he plans on covering illegals and that most American are against
his plan!

Use your noggin and not the green-tinted glasses!
Then you see Obama's plan is all about covering illegals immigrants also!

note to math majors....46 million is in fact more then 30 million......:)

note to math majors....46 million is in fact more then 30 million......:)

Pocket, the president suddenly discovered the 46 million people without health care coverage included illegal aliens. So before his speech, he quickly changed the statistics so that illegal aliens were not counted as being "without health care".

However, the heart Obama's plan is the everybody must get health care insurance..
"And that's why under my plan, individuals will be required to carry basic health insurance -- just as most states require you to carry auto insurance."​

Here is his logic why everyone will be required to carry health insurance...

"Now, even if we provide these affordable options, there may be those -- especially the young and the healthy -- who still want to take the risk and go without coverage. There may still be companies that refuse to do right by their workers by giving them coverage. The problem is, such irresponsible behavior costs all the rest of us money. If there are affordable options and people still don't sign up for health insurance, it means we pay for these people's expensive emergency room visits. If some businesses don't provide workers health care, it forces the rest of us to pick up the tab when their workers get sick, and gives those businesses an unfair advantage over their competitors. And unless everybody does their part, many of the insurance reforms we seek -- especially requiring insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions -- just can't be achieved."​

Under his Plan, it is essential that everyone pay for health insurance... I understand the logic (even though I disagree on his approach.)

But his statement that illegal aliens will not be covered flies in the face of his logic. With 16 million illegals, none of them rich enough to have health insurance, "it forces the rest of us to pick up the tab when workers get sick."

The slight of hand with Obama's magic is this: The Federal Health Care Plan would not cover illegal aliens under any program - that is true. But somebody must pay when a poor illegal gets sick and goes to the emergency room. Ultimately that somebody is going to be all us legal Americans who will be required to have health insurance. Thus the premiums are going to be higher.

And in reality illegal aliens will continue to have the same kind of health care plan that they have now, i.e. go to the emergency room when you get sick.

Werbung:

Two key questions will be, "How will they define documented aliens and will they require states to cover illegals?"

Many illegals already have Social Security Cards and drivers licenses. Will we change our process for identifying illegals? Medicaid is already covering illegal aliens through state funding. Will that be stopped under this plan? Again, how will we be able to define who's who?

I'm glad the president openly made this statement, but it is not up to him. There is too much vague language in other parts of the bill that leave the door open. The most glaring is that the consistent term "Americans" instead of "United States Citizens" throughout the document. It is a reference to the continent and not the country. Not trying to nit-pick but this is a legal document and lawyers make their living on the fine print and vague wording.

Back