Obama's new presidential seal

XCALIDEM

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has stirred a lot of buzz with its latest innovation, a new seal that combines elements of the actual presidential seal and Obama's logo.

And this is probably a good time to experiment with it. That way, if there's a voter backlash, the sense that Obama has gone too far, the campaign has plenty of time to throw the seal down the memory hole in the hope that it will have been forgotten by Election Day.

They may want to rethink the Latin inscription "vero possumus," however. It made me think of opossum. I don't think the campaign wants people thinking of opossum when they look at Obama.

Vero possumus essentially means "Truly we're able" which is basically "Yes, we can," the Obama campaign's slogan.

HAS HE GONE TOO FAR WITH THIS?

Maybe "speratus" which means "hope" would've worked better. At least it wouldn't have people thinking of opossum.

Attachments

• obama's seal.jpg
    obama's seal.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4
Werbung:
I think you mean campaign seal... like Kerry had the circle campaign sign/seal that said The Real Deal.

OBAMA for AMERICA... that's kinda the point isn't it?:)

It's all good... and I'm also glad Hillary is back and ready to jump into really helping the Obama campaign!

I think you mean campaign seal... like Kerry had the circle campaign sign/seal that said The Real Deal.

OBAMA for AMERICA... that's kinda the point isn't it?:)

It's all good... and I'm also glad Hillary is back and ready to jump into really helping the Obama campaign!

No, he used the presidential seal to customize it with his name on it! He's such a snob that he already sees himself as the US president. :mad:

This is what the presidential seal looks like. Very similar to Obama's, don't you think?

Attachments

• presidential seal.jpg
    presidential seal.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2
I don't think the seal is a big deal. It would be if he was changing the official seal, but this is just a thing for bumper stickers and junk to help his campaign. Something like putting his face on a dollar bill. It wouldn’t mean he was trying to replace Washington, just a cute thing for his “followers” to buy.

One thing I did notice though, HE LOOKS JUST LIKE OPRAH! Except for the short hair, and maybe his face is thinner. Take a close look at his face; he could pass for her on a bad day with a hair cut. Weird!

From CNN

Barack Obama’s communications director said Monday that the presidential seal the campaign unveiled last week at a meeting with Democratic governors won’t be seen again.

“That was a one time thing for a one time event," Robert Gibbs told CNN.

Ah, that is kind of sad really, It was cute and good for a bumper sticker or button if you were an Obama supporter. I am not of course and would not be caught dead having one, but I bet some Obama supporters would have liked to have a sticker or something with the seal.

It was harmless, as harmless as his picture on a dollar bill.

Popeye, do you donate time to the campaign? If you do, I have a good idea.

Obama should give dollar bills with his picture on it for time donated to his campaign and then have deals with Obama friendly companies, Starbucks and places like that where the people could spend the Obama dollars. Over time they would be collector's items like buttons and stuff and people could get a cup of coffee sometimes for the long hours they donate to support the campaign.

Werbung:
Back