Obese Woman 'Too Fat For Jail'

The Scotsman

A woman is accused of killing her two-year-old nephew but prosecutors in Texas do not yet know how to get her to jail and court - because she weighs nearly half a ton.

Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, from La Jola, Texas, is bedridden and weighs nearly 1,000lbs.

But she cannot get through her front door to be taken to jail and, later, court.

A grand jury has already agreed she should face charges of murder and injury in connection with the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr.

He died while in her care in March and the 27-year-old is accused of killing her nephew with two blows to the head.

She explained away the injuries by saying she had slipped, landing with her right hand on Eliseo's head while trying to pick him off the floor, and that he fell off a chair.

But a post-mortem found that Eliseo's injuries were "consistent with blunt force trauma" and that Mayra Rosales' explanations were inconsistent with the injuries.

The morbidly obese woman has since been photographed and finger-printed at home but released on a "personal recognizance bond" because of the logistics problem.

The local sheriff at Hidalgo County, Lupe Trevino, says it would be impossible to keep her in jail pending her trial because she needs extensive medical care.

So, currently, the lady remains at large.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/He...ayra+Lizbeth+Rosales+Texas+Charged+Over+Death

I guess she ain't going to run off!!??

Werbung:
In reality, she is "in jail" already. Have you seen any of those shows about the grossly obese ( 800 lbs and up) people in the US.?? ( Don't know if this phenomena exists anywhere else yet. ) They have to be "lifted" with industrial strength machines into special ambulences (huge) to move them anywhere.

quite sad , really.

In reality, she is "in jail" already. Have you seen any of those shows about the grossly obese ( 800 lbs and up) people in the US.?? ( Don't know if this phenomena exists anywhere else yet. ) They have to be "lifted" with industrial strength machines into special ambulences (huge) to move them anywhere.

quite sad , really.

1,000 pound people have existed outside of the United States for awhile now. I have seen plenty of TV shows about them in Mexico and other places who get forklifted to the US for medical care.

Not much life at all. One show I saw was a man in Mexico who had not even been able to go outside for 6 years.

Was that on TLC??? The ones I have seen were via TLC. And they too , were housebound.

I don't know how many (in the world) have this degree of obesity. I'm sure those numbers are somewhere on the internet.Fortunately there cannot be that many.....but back to the original one posted here, it might be an idea to bring the court to her. ~ "extenuating circumstances" or some such.

One can only imagine how she would be treated in jail. A circus oddity.

I don't know how many (in the world) have this degree of obesity. I'm sure those numbers are somewhere on the internet.Fortunately there cannot be that many.....but back to the original one posted here, it might be an idea to bring the court to her. ~ "extenuating circumstances" or some such.

One can only imagine how she would be treated in jail. A circus oddity.

Still, being fat is no excuse for murder.

Werbung:
No one is saying that it is. The obesity just compounds & complicates the issue ....

Back