obozo Loses Vote Of Confidence

Werbung:
I believe that everybody needs to tread lightly as far as this whole "formal declaration of war" thing. Bush never got one. Obama hasn't gotten one. LBJ never got one. Truman never got one.

The last time the U.S. Congress formally declared war on ANYBODY was in 1941.

I believe that everybody needs to tread lightly as far as this whole "formal declaration of war" thing. Bush never got one. Obama hasn't gotten one. LBJ never got one. Truman never got one.

The last time the U.S. Congress formally declared war on ANYBODY was in 1941.

And we got - what? A no-win korean war, a no-win vietnam war, a Libyan adventure with little US interests - basically propping up the euromilitary because they'd rather spend their money on bloated welfare states instead of adequate defense.

When the US goes to war, lots of americans DIE, lots of tax money is spent. If the war goes badly, congressmen who never had to vote yay or nay say "I opposed it".

Lots is at stake personally for average american when we go to war - they need to approve it through their elected representatives.

And we got - what? A no-win korean war, a no-win vietnam war, a Libyan adventure with little US interests - basically propping up the euromilitary because they'd rather spend their money on bloated welfare states instead of adequate defense.

When the US goes to war, lots of americans DIE, lots of tax money is spent. If the war goes badly, congressmen who never had to vote yay or nay say "I opposed it".

Lots is at stake personally for average american when we go to war - they need to approve it through their elected representatives.

We are not going to win Afghanistan ( based on the goals of Bush when sent troops in) so does that mean we should have just done nothing? Only fight if your going to win ( if this is the case, only those who can predict the future should be elected.

We are not going to win Afghanistan ( based on the goals of Bush when sent troops in) so does that mean we should have just done nothing? Only fight if your going to win ( if this is the case, only those who can predict the future should be elected.

I guess that means you should have been elected, since you start off predicting the future that we aren't going to win. Obozo started off with a surge in afghanistan, because he was boxed in by the leftwing mantra and his own promises that afghanistan was "the real war", a mantra the leftwing never believed, but merely a slogan they used to attack Bush with during the iraq war. Since few in this country will remember that obozo launched the afghanistan surge, they won't see the contradiction in him pulling out faster than his generals think prudent. It's basically a completely inadequate atttempt to save money as he and his leftwing claque begin to panic over the complete failure of their keynsian economic methods which have only pushed the country closer to full-tilt economic depression. So all the gains achieved by extra americans who got killed there will now be unwound and amount to nothing. It's your koolaid king obozo who should have made up his mind to win or leave in the beginning.

Werbung:

I absolutely agree with you. This country needs to be very careful what battles we pick and choose to get involved in. That's why the War Powers Act puts too much power in the hands of one person (the POTUS).

Was the Iraq War a necessary war due to the safety and security of the United States being in danger? The answer is NO. Therefore, even though I supported Bush when we went into Iraq, I have since changed my mind.

Is Afghanistan a necessary war for the same reasons? My answer would be "maybe", at best.

If nothing else, Vietnam SHOULD have taught everybody that unless this country goes into a war to WIN it, and losing is not an option, then we should NEVER spill the blood of ONE American.

As for North Korea, the U.S. drove the North Korean communists and the Chinese communists out of South Korea, after North Korea attacked and almost conquered South Korea. That war was a WIN, in my book, but it was never a "declared" war. It was a United Nations operation, with the USA taking the strong lead (as is ALWAYS the case).

People also forget that Operation Desert Storm (driving Hussein out of Kuwait) was also a United Nations operation, with the USA taking the strong lead (again).

Back