obozo's debt talks collapse

Rick

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/23/house-gop-leader-cantor-pulls-out-budget-talks/

....because the leftwingers refuse to making significant spending cuts in return for a higher debt ceiling.

Republicans have been down a similar path with the leftwing before. In the late 1980s, Reagan reluctantly agreed to a tax increase in return for a promise by the democrat congress of $2 spending cuts in return for each $1 in increased taxes. Of course, the spending cuts never happened.

"Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me."

Werbung:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/23/house-gop-leader-cantor-pulls-out-budget-talks/

....because the leftwingers refuse to making significant spending cuts in return for a higher debt ceiling.

Republicans have been down a similar path with the leftwing before. In the late 1980s, Reagan reluctantly agreed to a tax increase in return for a promise by the democrat congress of $2 spending cuts in return for each $1 in increased taxes. Of course, the spending cuts never happened.

"Fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me."

The whole thing reminds me of the Titanic tragedy. The arrogance of the "engineers" and the inability to see "the big picture" are dooming this country the same way the Titanic was doomed.

It's now just a matter of manning the lifeboats or going down with the ship. The choice is up to each individual citizen of this country.

The whole thing reminds me of the Titanic tragedy. The arrogance of the "engineers" and the inability to see "the big picture" are dooming this country the same way the Titanic was doomed.

It's now just a matter of manning the lifeboats or going down with the ship. The choice is up to each individual citizen of this country.

Good analogy - the leftwingers religious belief in the 80 year old keynsianism is akin to the white star line owners' belief that Titanic was unsinkable.

Good analogy - the leftwingers religious belief in the 80 year old keynsianism is akin to the white star line owners' belief that Titanic was unsinkable.

Exactly right, Rick. The Democrat "leadership" and the White Star Line executives are a perfect example of two groups who believed in something that was doomed to fail, and tried to remove themselves from all responsibility for the results by pointing their fingers at somebody else.

It didn't work 100 years ago, and it's not going to work now.

Werbung:
Back