Oh, POOR SARAH...ignoring your fellow governors advice, TSK, TSK, TSK!

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Missteps, ignored advice on Palin’s route to exit

Seemingly relentless string of professional, personal woes led to decision

090713_NYTPalin-hlarge-310a.h2.jpg
Jim Wilson / The New York Times
Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin last week at a signing event in the village of McGrath, Alaska.
by Jim Rutenberg and Serge F. Kovaleski
updated 16 minutes ago
This article was reported by Jim Rutenberg from New York and Serge F. Kovaleski from Wasilla and Anchorage, Alaska. Jo Becker reported from New York and Kim Severson and William Yardley from Wasilla and Anchorage.

ANCHORAGE - In late March, a senior official from the Republican Governors Association headed for Alaska on a secret mission. Sarah Palin was beset by such political and personal turmoil that some powerful supporters determined an intervention was needed to pull her governorship, and her national future, back from the brink.
The official, the association’s executive director, Nick Ayers, arrived with a memorandum containing firm counsel, according to several people who know its details: Make a long-term schedule and stick to it, have staff members set aside ample and inviolable family time to replenish your spirits, and build a coherent home-state agenda that creates jobs and ensures re-election.
Like so much of the advice sent Ms. Palin’s way by influential supporters, it appeared to be happily received and then largely discarded, barely slowing what was, in retrospect, an inexorable march toward the resignation she announced 10 days ago.

<<for the rest of this story>>
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31886324/ns/politics-the_new_york_times

Sara's supporters can continue to 'cry foul' all that they want too...she managed to get gored with her own special petard.

Oh, the things that manage to 'float to the surface' once the crying towels are hung out to dry!!! She was and still is an emotional WRECK and it has nothing to do with her I.Q. or the lack there of!!!

I especially liked the extreme firm grip that the mother of that child had to keep on her little girl...who appears to be reacting to Sarah's persona...LMAO

Werbung:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin last week at a signing event in the village of McGrath, Alaska.
updated 16 minutes ago
This article was reported by Jim Rutenberg from New York and Serge F. Kovaleski from Wasilla and Anchorage, Alaska. Jo Becker reported from New York and Kim Severson and William Yardley from Wasilla and Anchorage.

ANCHORAGE - In late March, a senior official from the Republican Governors Association headed for Alaska on a secret mission. Sarah Palin was beset by such political and personal turmoil that some powerful supporters determined an intervention was needed to pull her governorship, and her national future, back from the brink.
The official, the association’s executive director, Nick Ayers, arrived with a memorandum containing firm counsel, according to several people who know its details: Make a long-term schedule and stick to it, have staff members set aside ample and inviolable family time to replenish your spirits, and build a coherent home-state agenda that creates jobs and ensures re-election.
Like so much of the advice sent Ms. Palin’s way by influential supporters, it appeared to be happily received and then largely discarded, barely slowing what was, in retrospect, an inexorable march toward the resignation she announced 10 days ago.

Sara's supporters can continue to 'cry foul' all that they want too...she managed to get gored with her own special petard.

Oh, the things that manage to 'float to the surface' once the crying towels are hung out to dry!!! She was and still is an emotional WRECK and it has nothing to do with her I.Q. or the lack there of!!!

I especially liked the extreme firm grip that the mother of that child had to keep on her little girl...who appears to be reacting to Sarah's persona...LMAO

Check it out...According to a PPP survey released a couple days ago 55% of Americans think Sarah Palin is unfit to be president...57% said Palin's running out on her job made them less likely to ever support her.

Frankly I was originally surprised that only 55% consider her unfit, but then I remembered we have our share of wingnuts in this country and they will forever be a burden.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_708.pdf

updated 16 minutes ago

I don't know if everybody saw it on the Today Show this morning but Levi (Bristol's baby daddy) was really insightful on Palin and Palin's decision to step down. It's not one YouTube yet but I'll post as soon as it is.

He actually spoke very highly of her and said he'd do just about anything for her and also said he and Bristol were now getting along fine. So this wasn't some bitter attack piece.

But he also said she was so stressed trying to run for VP and basically just not capable that he didn't think he could ever vote for her as President or even a VP.

He also said that she was just blinded by the spotlight and really couldn't adjust to being just the governor of Alaska without all the pampering and the Secret Service and such.

Probably the most interesting thing he said was why Palin stepped down as governor besides the fact it wasn't glitzy enough anymore. It was for the money. She wanted to make a lot of money and didn't want to wait to start making it until after her term was up.

So we learned from the inside source today that Palin was weak from a being able to handle stress perspective and that she'd rather make some quick dough than honor her committment to the people of Alaska that voted for her and spent their time and hard earned money to get her elected in the first place.

Deathnail to any political career...

I don't know if everybody saw it on the Today Show this morning but Levi (Bristol's baby daddy) was really insightful on Palin and Palin's decision to step down. It's not one YouTube yet but I'll post as soon as it is.

He actually spoke very highly of her and said he'd do just about anything for her and also said he and Bristol were now getting along fine. So this wasn't some bitter attack piece.

But he also said she was so stressed trying to run for VP and basically just not capable that he didn't think he could ever vote for her as President or even a VP.

He also said that she was just blinded by the spotlight and really couldn't adjust to being just the governor of Alaska without all the pampering and the Secret Service and such.

Probably the most interesting thing he said was why Palin stepped down as governor besides the fact it wasn't glitzy enough anymore. It was for the money. She wanted to make a lot of money and didn't want to wait to start making it until after her term was up.

So we learned from the inside source today that Palin was weak from a being able to handle stress perspective and that she'd rather make some quick dough than honor her committment to the people of Alaska that voted for her and spent their time and hard earned money to get her elected in the first place.

Deathnail to any political career...

Top Gun,

What is wrong with wanting to make money?

She must want to run for something, and right now is the time for her to build a war chest for what ever it is she wants to run for. That alone is a good reason to step down.

It also helps Alaska for her to step down. If her stepping down hurt Alaska in some way then I would not feel like I do but Alaska is better off that she is leaving and its in her best interest to leave now while she is able to make the money she wants, so who is hurt? No one. Who is better off? Everyone.

You should be glad she stepped down, everyone who dislikes her should be glad. I like her and I am glad.

Top Gun,

She must want to run for something, and right now is the time for her to build a war chest for what ever it is she wants to run for. That alone is a good reason to step down.

It also helps Alaska for her to step down. If her stepping down hurt Alaska in some way then I would not feel like I do but Alaska is better off that she is leaving and its in her best interest to leave now while she is able to make the money she wants, so who is hurt? No one. Who is better off? Everyone.

You should be glad she stepped down, everyone who dislikes her should be glad. I like her and I am glad.

There's nothing wrong with making money.

There is something wrong with not honoring your committment to your constituants that gave their time, effort and money into getting you elected and expected you to work a least a full term.

As far as running Palin is dead from a being elected standpoint. She can write books, and give speeches to Conservative groups or become a political talker like Huckabee did but she really blew her chance at being elected to anything again. Unless maybe she moves to some real hard core Conservative District. She might be able to get a House seat that way somewhere down the road.

And you're right, personally I like it because she's no longer an elected official. But I do feel she really dropped the ball and let down her state by running away like this.

Just my opinion...;)

Top Gun,

ROTFLMAO...Well, that not surprising, not in the least...:D:D

Let's review:
1. you don't live there
2. you didn't vote her into office
3. your taxe dollars aren't going to all of her legal fees {legal fees that the state of Alaska would/will have to pay unless someone sues her in civil court}
4. your donations for her election campaign didn't go of naught
5. you are just 'CHEERING' from the sidelines (as usual)
6. you live in the hypothetical world so what does YOUR HAPPINESS MATTER TO THE PEOPLE OF ALASKA :confused:
7. Yep, that nice amount of 'war chest' is from the people of Alaska
8. JEEZ LOUISE...you gotta stop, this amount of laughter could be hazardous to peoples health...LMAO ;)

There's nothing wrong with making money.

There is something wrong with not honoring your committment to your constituants that gave their time, effort and money into getting you elected and expected you to work a least a full term.

As far as running Palin is dead from a being elected standpoint. She can write books, and give speeches to Conservative groups or become a political talker like Huckabee did but she really blew her chance at being elected to anything again. Unless maybe she moves to some real hard core Conservative District. She might be able to get a House seat that way somewhere down the road.

And you're right, personally I like it because she's no longer an elected official. But I do feel she really dropped the ball and let down her state by running away like this.

Just my opinion...;)

But is her state not better off? The tax payers wont have to foot the bill to defend her anymore, the democrats who did not like her wont have to waste time attacking her anymore. So she did not let anyone down she stepped down and let another who is more than qualified do the job.

The news said she has earned almost 800 thousand to SarahPac since she said she would step down.

She is running for something, If she wins or not is another story.

ROTFLMAO...Well, that not surprising, not in the least...:D:D

Let's review:
1. you don't live there
2. you didn't vote her into office
3. your taxe dollars aren't going to all of her legal fees {legal fees that the state of Alaska would/will have to pay unless someone sues her in civil court}
4. your donations for her election campaign didn't go of naught
5. you are just 'CHEERING' from the sidelines (as usual)
6. you live in the hypothetical world so what does YOUR HAPPINESS MATTER TO THE PEOPLE OF ALASKA :confused:
7. Yep, that nice amount of 'war chest' is from the people of Alaska
8. JEEZ LOUISE...you gotta stop, this amount of laughter could be hazardous to peoples health...LMAO ;)

I often do not find the humor in your posts so this is nothing new. Please explain..I am not sure if you just wanted to post personal insults for the fun of it or if you had a real issue with a non Alaskan having a positive opinion of Sarah Palin.

If I do not live in Alaska I have no right to have an opinion? You also do not live in Alaska yet you seem to have an opinion.

Or is it just that those who do not live in Alaska can not a good opinion about her? If it’s a negative opinion then its ok?

The money she has earned is not from Alaska voters, well some might be, but its from Sarah Pac, people around the United States and the world who want to donate to her.

But is her state not better off? The tax payers wont have to foot the bill to defend her anymore, the democrats who did not like her wont have to waste time attacking her anymore. So she did not let anyone down she stepped down and let another who is more than qualified do the job.

The news said she has earned almost 800 thousand to SarahPac since she said she would step down.

She is running for something, If she wins or not is another story.

No it's pretty obvious she screwed her state over. Palin's legal problems are internal in Alaska from charges from Alaskans that she did some illegal or at the very least seriously inappropriate things... in Alaska. And a lot of the heat is actually coming from Republicans as well.

She said she wanted to be governor. Took people's valuable time & money to get elected to that position. Then quickly was ready to jump ship, lost then came back, then just quit. That's not good. She's not going to be elected to anything... but she can be a speaker at Conservative rallies and maybe be a show host like Huckabee is. I think she'd like being on TV the star of her own show... THE SARAH PALIN SHOW... yep I can definitely see that.

We'll see...;)

No it's pretty obvious she screwed her state over. Palin's legal problems are internal in Alaska from charges from Alaskans that she did some illegal or at the very least seriously inappropriate things... in Alaska. And a lot of the heat is actually coming from Republicans as well.

She said she wanted to be governor. Took people's valuable time & money to get elected to that position. Then quickly was ready to jump ship, lost then came back, then just quit. That's not good. She's not going to be elected to anything... but she can be a speaker at Conservative rallies and maybe be a show host like Huckabee is. I think she'd like being on TV the star of her own show... THE SARAH PALIN SHOW... yep I can definitely see that.

We'll see...;)

obama promised 3 different times on national TV that he would do his full 6 year term as jr. senator but less than half way through it started running for president.

Do you take any issue with that? He did promise and when he left it caused a terrible mess, the gov was canned, the senator who replaced him turns out to have issues and wont be able to run again. The state suffered for his broken promise. It even tainted the rep of the son of Jesse Jackson. obama breaking his promise hurt the state very badly, it hurt the process very badly.

Do you see it that way, or does this only apply in your eyes to Sarah Palin and not others like obama?

I often do not find the humor in your posts so this is nothing new. Please explain..I am not sure if you just wanted to post personal insults for the fun of it or if you had a real issue with a non Alaskan having a positive opinion of Sarah Palin.

If I do not live in Alaska I have no right to have an opinion? You also do not live in Alaska yet you seem to have an opinion.

Or is it just that those who do not live in Alaska can not a good opinion about her? If it’s a negative opinion then its ok?

The money she has earned is not from Alaska voters, well some might be, but its from Sarah Pac, people around the United States and the world who want to donate to her.

Re-posted for your memory problem:
Your inability to connect a DOT...any DOT without your 'magic marker' and then when you become confused because you cannot stay on point/follow a thread...you become the incessant whiner and cry 'FOUL'.

You make blanket ridiculous statements and just blow them onto this forum...like that is just the best thing ever...and since YOU are so HAPPY that she's left Alaska...ergo all of Alaska should be better off too :confused:

GIVE IT UP...you really just like her because so many people are against her and you just feel the need to 'cheer her on'...;)

OK, then you don't have to try to justify your 'FEELINGS' about Sarah Palin...you don't read her bio, you don't pay attention to the discussion, you can't do your research...you just stand around yelling "YEA FOR SARAH...YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO MEAN TO HER!!!"

She's not moving, SHE QUIT THE JOB THAT SHE WAS ELECTED TO DO AND TAKING WITH HER THE SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS THAT SHE STILL HAS IN HER COFFERS!!!

And I'm soooo mean...ignore me...LMAO

obama promised 3 different times on national TV that he would do his full 6 year term as jr. senator but less than half way through it started running for president.

Do you take any issue with that? He did promise and when he left it caused a terrible mess, the gov was canned, the senator who replaced him turns out to have issues and wont be able to run again. The state suffered for his broken promise. It even tainted the rep of the son of Jesse Jackson. obama breaking his promise hurt the state very badly, it hurt the process very badly.

Do you see it that way, or does this only apply in your eyes to Sarah Palin and not others like obama?

Pan;) I have no problem with someone going for higher office if asked be it Palin or President Obama. But I would have a big problem had President Obama lost and started back as being the Senator from Illinois and in a couple months just cutting and running... from stress, or just because he could make some quick cash.

I think you probably can see that even though you like Palin. No Palin supporters from Alaska were going to be upset by their governor being elected as Vice President just like no Obama supporters from Illinois were upset about President Obama becoming President Obama.

Palin just really let everybody down at both levels nationally and locally... in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Pan;) I have no problem with someone going for higher office if asked be it Palin or President Obama. But I would have a big problem had President Obama lost and started back as being the Senator from Illinois and in a couple months just cutting and running... from stress, or just because he could make some quick cash.

I think you probably can see that even though you like Palin. No Palin supporters from Alaska were going to be upset by their governor being elected as Vice President just like no Obama supporters from Illinois were upset about President Obama becoming President Obama.

Palin just really let everybody down at both levels nationally and locally... in my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

Bless you TopGun and your ability to keep posting that very same information that is being so blatantly ignored by 'BIB'...the illusion of the 'REAL WORLD' must be a horribly frighteningly place to be so absolutely ignored and enable to read/retain information!!!

You are a saint...;), but I believe that I told you that once already back when Sihouette was expanding on 'deviant sexual behaviour'. OMG, that seems like eons ago...LMAO

Your inability to connect a DOT...any DOT without your 'magic marker' and then when you become confused because you cannot stay on point/follow a thread...you become the incessant whiner and cry 'FOUL'.

I do not stay on point? I can not follow a thread? Excuse me! I posted to Top Gun about the thread topic... You replied to the post I made to him. It was just attacks and insults as you always do when posting to me. You changed the topic when you replied to my post. I kept on topic by replying to the nasty remarks you made.

You make blanket ridiculous statements and just blow them onto this forum...like that is just the best thing ever...and since YOU are so HAPPY that she's left Alaska...ergo all of Alaska should be better off too :confused:

I did not say I am happy that she left Alaska, she is still currently the Governor. I am happy that she is leaving the office of Governor, and I am hoping she leaves the state, though I do not think she probably will do that. She seems to love the place.

GIVE IT UP...you really just like her because so many people are against her and you just feel the need to 'cheer her on'...;)

I like her because to me she is a real person more than a politician. She is the same at home, in the office or where ever she goes. That is one thing I dislike about other politicians. I also like her views on things like abortion. I like that she loves kids and has many of them. Who exactly are you to tell me why I like anyone?

OK, then you don't have to try to justify your 'FEELINGS' about Sarah Palin...you don't read her bio, you don't pay attention to the discussion, you can't do your research...you just stand around yelling "YEA FOR SARAH...YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO MEAN TO HER!!!"

No I do not have to justify anything to you. Though I have read her bio and followed her since she came on the national stage. The rest of your post is just crude disgusting insults that I wont bother to try and reply to.

She's not moving, SHE QUIT THE JOB THAT SHE WAS ELECTED TO DO AND TAKING WITH HER THE SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF CAMPAIGN FUNDS THAT SHE STILL HAS IN HER COFFERS!!!

Yeah she is a quitter, just like obama. Yuck! I would hate to be like him in anyway.

Thank you for a full post of insults and personal attacks it ads so much to the forum!

Werbung:

I understand what you are saying, and I think there is something valid about the stress. I agree that stress was a factor in her choice to step down. If she can not take the stress dished out so far, how could she handle being president. I think that is a valid point.

I know I would not be able to handle the stress of personal attacks to my family. I would have stepped down too. Its one thing when someone personally attacks you, but its another when they personally attack your family.

You are happy though that she stepped down right? You are happy that she is no longer an official politician?

Back