OK, so there will be a volcano eruption

Bunz

I mentioned this before in another thread. But right now I am potentially downwind from a volcano(Mt. Redoubt) that is set to erupt at any moment now. It might be in 20minutes and it might be in a week, but it will happen either way and while I dont know when, the point of this thread is to let those who care and need me as a moderator to know that there might be a point in time in the near future where I could be indisposed by natural causes for potentially a few days.

To answer questions that I know will come about, a few things...
Firstly my house will not be enveloped by lava, the volcano in question is a fair amount of distance aways. But the ash cloud involved will prove harmful to electronic devices like my laptop and any engines as well.

Again, this might happen today, and it might happen in a week, but just a heads up that at some point in the near future I will be unable to use electronics, especially a computer for some period of time.

Werbung:
Been watching this on a science forum for awhile now. Stock up, boy! Including water.

News:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/news/1-news/662-mt-redoubt-shakes-hard-twice-in-a-day

Well, I pride myself in being prepared for winter regardless. I have plenty of food, enough wood to burn for heat. I was out collecting wood to season for next year before Redoubt blew, because the ash is horrible on engines. It is much easier to get wood in winter for a variety of reasons and I have maximized my time for that.
As for water, I have my own well.

PLC, and PFOS,
youd get a kick out of it, but the blame up here has been put up to Palin in the joking political circles...lol.

This is something that happens every few years. Kinda like a hurricane or tornado for various places in the lower 48.

What does that crap fall like? Does it hang thick like fog, or fall more like a light rain? I'm sure there's probably some mix of both as some of the particles are likely bigger and some smaller. Does it make dust hang in the house? Do you have to duct-tape the cracks at doors and windows?

Werbung:
What does that crap fall like? Does it hang thick like fog, or fall more like a light rain?
When the ash is falling, it is like rain, and will literally blot out the sun if it happens during daylight.
I'm sure there's probably some mix of both as some of the particles are likely bigger and some smaller. Does it make dust hang in the house? Do you have to duct-tape the cracks at doors and windows?
It is like really fine sand. Thankfully when it finally lands it is heavy enough where it doesnt make much for dust clouds as far as I can remember.

Back