Olympic Notes

Werbung:
Popeye- Libs takes himself seriously and that's all that matters. We're pushing to include a sport in the next winter olympics where a guy gets on one of those round plastic things the kids use to slide on the snow and he gets a dog to pull him in a 100 meter race. The dog must be a household pet.

It's sort of another 'look at me' sport like beach volleyball but it's good for a medal or two cause we've got the best pulling dogs. Nearly every Canadian family has a husky in their home sleeping behind the woodstove.

Not really, though as previously stated I'm getting tired of hearing about mainly one athlete (if you can call a swimmer an athlete). Actually I'm not that fond of the Olympics anyway, too much nationalism involved for me. I much prefer team sports, give me a game like last night's the Red Sox/Rangers anytime.

I do have an idea for you Libs...Since you continue fawning over Michael Phelps like a teenage girl, I thought perhaps you could send him a request. You never know, maybe he'd be willing to give or sell you a pair of his used swimming trunks. You could give them a good whiff as you sing or hum the Star Spangled Banner. Now wouldn't that be exciting?

I think that maybe LIbsmasher is pointing out this guy because of so much American bashing on the boards lately. It's just human nature to want to defend a country you love in what ever way you can. Right now this is a way he can counter all of the American bashing (and there has been a whole lot of it since about July... )

Every single day! People get tired of it. So this is his outlet.

I bet you that if the constant American bashing since July did not happen, there might have been a post about the guy winning metals, and that would be about it.........if that!

I also bet there would be zero posts against canada!

I'm not a big watcher of swimming either but regardless the event what Phelps has done is phenomenal.

I'll flick around and watch various events for a few minutes here and there. Maybe watch the US basketball team for a whole game.

The games aren't what they used to be though. Now that you have real paid professionals playing it's different. Heck you can even just buy a team and have them play under your colors.

I saw this the other day in womens volleyball. Russia was playing Georgia and something just didn't look right about the Georgia team.

Then the announcer said: The women playing for team Georgia are all from Brazil. They were paid to play for Georgia. Kinda takes the country pride vs. country pride thing out of it.

I think that maybe LIbsmasher is pointing out this guy because of so much American bashing on the boards lately. It's just human nature to want to defend a country you love in what ever way you can. Right now this is a way he can counter all of the American bashing (and there has been a whole lot of it since about July... )

Every single day! People get tired of it. So this is his outlet.

I bet you that if the constant American bashing since July did not happen, there might have been a post about the guy winning metals, and that would be about it.........if that!

I also bet there would be zero posts against canada!

If you want to be protected against having to hear about what's rotting in your country then you better ask the mods for that protection now. Make no mistake, I will continue to embarrass you people when you deserve being embarrassed. If that becomes against the rules then there are lots of other forums on the internet now who are competing for people like me who aren't afraid of telling it like it is.

Ignore this at your own peril because it ain't going away as long as I honour this forum with my presence!

If you want to be protected against having to hear about what's rotting in your country then you better ask the mods for that protection now. Make no mistake, I will continue to embarrass you people when you deserve being embarrassed. If that becomes against the rules then there are lots of other forums on the internet now who are competing for people like me who aren't afraid of telling it like it is.

Ignore this at your own peril because it ain't going away as long as I honour this forum with my presence!

Nah I am American. I have no desire to stop freedom of speech. I will leave that up to those other countries. I have not threatened to tell on someone since like 4th grade :)

Werbung:
Im just gonna chime in with a few things here. Firstly, lets everyone keep this thread civil and on topic. I am tired of dealing with petty reported posts and really shouldnt have to be bothered with giving out infractions.

Commenting on the thread...

Canada has generally showed themselves to be very good in thier athletic endeavours. Especially the winter ones. I remember quite well the neighbors to the east winning gold in hockey in 2002, on American soil. But I must object loudly to this notion that if dog mushing were to become a sport, that Canada would dominate it. Alaska is the powerhouse for producing the best dogs and mushers in the world. Canada might win a medal here and there, but look for more stars and strips in that event. Tickets go on sale for the Vancouver 2010 games in October, there are a few key tickets I am looking to purchase. I have a place to stay and can get a flight easily enough. I doubt the games will ever get any closer. Plus VYR is a very nice town.

I have only got to watch a little bit of it this time around. An Alaskan won bronze in one of the shotgun events, skeet I believe. I also watched some field hockey, little volleyball, and swimming. In 2000 I was in Sydney for a few days about 6 weeks before the games started. Got to see the first rugby game played in the stadium. NZ beat the Aussies.

Back