OMINOUS SIGNS

cashmcall

In the last few days, there have been two ominous signs about our future under ObamaCare. Both suggest the term "ObamaCare" is more accurate than the more-often used term "Affordable Care Act," because both suggest that the term "affordable" is strongly out of place. 1. The first is from Merrill Matthews, "The Most Ominous Sign Yet: Health Insurance Premiums Will Explode," Forbes.com, January 30. Matthews writes: Most health insurers in the individual market have stopped guaranteeing a person's premiums for a year. And as one commentator quipped: they aren't doing it because they expect to be lowering people's premiums. Traditionally in the individual market, where people buy their own (i.e., non-group) health coverage, applicants sign a contract and the insurance company guarantees that premium for a year. I'm told that about 12 percent of individual applicants would write a check for the year's premium, rather than being billed monthly. No more. Health insurers started sending out notices in January informing insurance brokers and agents that the companies will no longer guarantee that premium rate. From now on it's month to month. 2. The second is from the IRS's own proposed regulations. In laying out some examples of what kinds of penalties (even the IRS, interestingly, despite Judge John Roberts' claim that the penalty is a tax, doesn't call the penalty a tax) people will pay for not buying insurance, the IRS gives some hypothetical numbers for the cost of an insurance policy. In my experience, the IRS tends to come up with numbers that would apply relatively widely. So, in estimating the cost of a "bronze" health insurance policy that would satisfy the government's criteria (bronze is the lowest level of coverage allowed), what estimate does the IRS use for the cost for a family of five? The answer I found on page 70: $20,000.

Yeah because this market is efficient and consumers have a lot of pricing power. It's not like anyone's putting a gun to their head forcing them to buy insurance or anything.
Oh. Oh, wait.

Werbung:
I wonder what private policies will have to be once the government finishes adding mandatory riders.

Or is this 20k the private estimate ?

If thats the case, bets on how cheap they will sell the government option ? its GOT to far less than actual cost so we'll all be left holding the bag for the difference. like now.

and the ins cos get nada for their capitulation.

I wonder what private policies will have to be once the government finishes adding mandatory riders.

Or is this 20k the private estimate ?

If thats the case, bets on how cheap they will sell the government option ? its GOT to far less than actual cost so we'll all be left holding the bag for the difference. like now.

and the ins cos get nada for their capitulation.
This big mess was never going to stand..we are heading for SINGLE PAYER...

As of now the "greatest achievement" of Obamacare IS mandatory coverage of birth control.
We all know that for years those evil insurance companies were not covering birth control, likely influenced by fundamentalist Christians, because they hate women and think anything about reproduction is icky....Luckily Obama and his team of super-progressives finally brought this country into the 20th century and mandated that birth control be covered from dollar one.....

But, let's just do a little math... Generic birth control bills cost $9 for a monthly cycle at Wal-Mart. On-brand birth control pills cost $70 for a month's cycle. Same dose, same chemical.
Now if someone's getting first dollar coverage, are they really going to care about getting the generic or the on-brand? No, there's absolutely zero incentive, so naturally if someone else is paying, then yes anyone would take the higher priced item....but i could br wrong..

But of course this is going to reflect in the premiums that young healthy women pay for insurance. In the individual market you can get a high-deductible plan for a young healthy woman at $80 a month before the changes. Since over 50% of young women are on birth control, this means premiums have to rise by at least $35 to compensate for the additional cost.
Probably more because more women will start oral contraceptives either in lieu of or in addition to other methods since they're now completely subsidized.
So even for a young healthy woman on birth control she's now paying 40% more for the insurance with the birth control coverage than she used to pay for the insurance and generic birth control separately.

Thank God for Obama finally liberating women from the likes of such backwards cavemen like Mittler Romney! My God this whole thing stinks...

Yes we know the goal and purpose of Obamacare is to destroy the current system so effectively, that single payer is the only option. That was transparent to some of us, before it became law.

Funny how everything the press is reporting on this awful law NOW, is negative. Funny how that happens when a bunch of extremist progressives get together to write a bill 2,700 pages long....but again, some of us knew long ago that this would happen. Sadly, foolish libs and dems got fooled again....SUCKERS!

And now this from the CBO...
President Obama's health care law will push 7 million people out of their job-based insurance coverage — nearly twice the previous estimate, according to the latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office released Tuesday.
CBO said that this year's tax cuts have changed the incentives for businesses and made it less attractive to pay for insurance, meaning fewer will decide to do so. Instead, they'll choose to pay a penalty to the government, totaling $13 billion in higher fees over the next decade.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/feb/5/obama-health-law-will-cost-7-million/

Yes we know the goal and purpose of Obamacare is to destroy the current system so effectively, that single payer is the only option. That was transparent to some of us, before it became law.

Funny how everything the press is reporting on this awful law NOW, is negative. Funny how that happens when a bunch of extremist progressives get together to write a bill 2,700 pages long....but again, some of us knew long ago that this would happen. Sadly, foolish libs and dems got fooled again....SUCKERS!

And now this from the CBO...
Leftist policies are candy-coated rat poison that may appear appealing at first, but inevitably do a lot of damage to everyone impacted by them.

and all this was predicted. it will collapse under it's own weight. its just a matter of how much of the economy it takes down with it.

welcome to hell !

I hope its not that bad...I hear that Hell is the worst...You know i'm a naturally optimistic person, but sometimes i just don't get it...

The people that wrote it knew exactly what they were doing. As for the 2700 page unread bill.....IT NOW HAS OVER 13,000 PAGES OF REGULATIONS.......

Nancy Pelosi wasn't kidding when she said "you have to vote for it, to find out what's in it". BECAUSE THE DAMNED THING WASN'T COMPLETELY WRITTEN, AND IT NEVER WILL BE.

That's exactly they kind of government we have now. You will never know what they do, and they will never be held accountable for it.

Werbung:
The people that wrote it knew exactly what they were doing. As for the 2700 page unread bill.....IT NOW HAS OVER 13,000 PAGES OF REGULATIONS.......

Nancy Pelosi wasn't kidding when she said "you have to vote for it, to find out what's in it". BECAUSE THE DAMNED THING WASN'T COMPLETELY WRITTEN, AND IT NEVER WILL BE.

That's exactly they kind of government we have now. You will never know what they do, and they will never be held accountable for it.
Conservatives should not let the government escape responsibility for problems they’ve created. This will becoming increasingly important as more ObamaCare problems emerge, such as patients being denied treatments by government-spawned “Accountable Care Organizations” (ACOs) or by government bureaucracies such as the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) and the US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)...If we let the government shift responsibility for ObamaCare’s problems onto the residual private sector, those problems will eventually be used to justify a government-run single payer system...

Of course, single payer was always the goal for these liberals. It’s the usual drill of the Left; pass a law that screws things up, blame the srew up on “deregulation,” and then pass more laws to “fix” it (Dodd-Frank being an excellent example of the genre)... Conservatives can't let them get away with it...

Back