Online Gambling Shutdown in U.S

Moral of the story; You have to help people help themselves, and while our 'success' with my father was brief, sometimes people just resist treatment, and have real problems.

I definitely agree with your conclusion. The thing is, the government can't really stop people from doing what they're determined to do, especially if they're addicted. Prohibition didn't stop drinking to excess, legislation hasn't stopped drug addiction and making it harder to gamble won't cure that addiction, either.

Werbung:
You hit the nail on the head.

On another note, I have an asian friend who has dreamed of goin to Japan to gamble in a speak-easy, even though Gambling is illegal there.

Moral #2; If you tell someone not to do something, that will make them more likely to do so.

And when it all comes down to it, it's not about whether or not it's right or not, it has to be regulated so the government can find a way to tax it.

Destiny, why do you feel the need to treat adults like babies? The more we baby the population the more childish they will become. While you are preventing people from losing money, you are also stripping them from learning about their mistakes.

How will humanity grow and learn, if we cannot make our own mistakes?

Its not the fact of treating adults like babies!
Im sure you wouldnt use the same quote for drugs misuse????????:confused:

Using drugs makes people loose money?
I no it's not on the same topic but my point is based around all these major types of political debates!
Its the Goverment helping society not making them into babies surely:wtf:

Werbung:
Its not the fact of treating adults like babies!
Im sure you wouldnt use the same quote for drugs misuse????????:confused:

Using drugs makes people loose money?
I no it's not on the same topic but my point is based around all these major types of political debates!
Its the Goverment helping society not making them into babies surely:wtf:

Grown people get to make their own decisions, even bad ones. It's not the government's function to decide what is or isn't good for us. You help society by providing information and assistance so people can decide about themselves on their own. Some people will make poor choices. Adults get to do that. There's no greater good of society involved in legislating what's good for you; it's condescending and patriarchal and ultimately whittles away at freedom.

Back