Ordering pizza: Is this how it will be?

Werbung:
That's scary. All that information is already out there too, they only have to put it all into one data base, software program, that companies can purchase.
Yes, it is, and putting it into one database is not a huge step. Look at the database that the government has already put together.

realy my voting record? thats odd as the only thing tied to my name and a vote is I showed up at the voter booth. But if it can make sure they know I like the crust a bit crispy that would be nice.

While it cannot be determined who you actually voted for, you can be basically categorized on how you will likely vote based on a few things which are public record.

For example, what "party" are you a member of? Do you vote in the primary? Which primary? What area do you live in? Your precinct? Your home value? How does your precinct trend? Etc etc. I have run plently of campaigns, you would be blown away by the amount of information I can get on a person just from the public record.

While it cannot be determined who you actually voted for, you can be basically categorized on how you will likely vote based on a few things which are public record.

For example, what "party" are you a member of? Do you vote in the primary? Which primary? What area do you live in? Your precinct? Your home value? How does your precinct trend? Etc etc. I have run plently of campaigns, you would be blown away by the amount of information I can get on a person just from the public record.

There is no record of what party I belong to. We have this crazy system where I can vote for many people of many parties and there is no record. I have worked campaigns as well...come to my state and try to find out anything about my voting...all you will know is where I registered to vote...and if i signed in to vote..thats it.

Most people put 100000 times more info in facebook for all to read then could be found in my voter record.

There is no record of what party I belong to. We have this crazy system where I can vote for many people of many parties and there is no record. I have worked campaigns as well...come to my state and try to find out anything about my voting...all you will know is where I registered to vote...and if i signed in to vote..thats it.

Most people put 100000 times more info in facebook for all to read then could be found in my voter record.

We don't register for a specific party in Texas either, but I can still pretty accurately ID which way you lean. I think you live in Minnesota (based on your profile anyway), and here is a link to where you can get voter information straight from the Secretary of State there.

http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=893

I don't know Minnesota election law very well, but just at face value, I can get a list of primary voters, which primary they voted in, and get an feel for how they lean just with that one bit of information. Certainly there will be people who vote in different primaries and might be harder to classify. And for non-partisan races, you can simply adjust your targeting methods based on the information you can get as well (I'd have to pull a list and look at it to really decide a path for that though).

We don't register for a specific party in Texas either, but I can still pretty accurately ID which way you lean. I think you live in Minnesota (based on your profile anyway), and here is a link to where you can get voter information straight from the Secretary of State there.

http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=893

I don't know Minnesota election law very well, but just at face value, I can get a list of primary voters, which primary they voted in, and get an feel for how they lean just with that one bit of information. Certainly there will be people who vote in different primaries and might be harder to classify. And for non-partisan races, you can simply adjust your targeting methods based on the information you can get as well (I'd have to pull a list and look at it to really decide a path for that though).

so you do all that, go threw all that work...but I have a better idea...just read my facebook. save you the hassle. But fact is knowing only what you can get from the state, you would have no clue who I voted for. You don't register at all...and you have no strait line vote. Most of the time I don't vote strait line.Having 4 major parties , ( though I think green lost theres last election) its not quite as easy here with no party id, same day voting, and all that.

Anything out side of that, you would know without any voter info anyway.

so you do all that, go threw all that work...but I have a better idea...just read my facebook. save you the hassle. But fact is knowing only what you can get from the state, you would have no clue who I voted for. You don't register at all...and you have no strait line vote. Most of the time I don't vote strait line.Having 4 major parties , ( though I think green lost theres last election) its not quite as easy here with no party id, same day voting, and all that.

Anything out side of that, you would know without any voter info anyway.

It's all automated. I can run an entire congressional district or state in a matter of minutes and have all that info in hand. It's no work, and it's easier than trying to data mine facebook. I can microtarget Facebook users however based on their voting history -- and that is generally an ok use of campaign dollars (depending on your budget, goal etc).

Minnesota might be an exception, I've never done a campaign there. But i would be willing to wager I could map out a pretty solid targeting system in almost any district in the state. Let's face it, I don't ultimately care who you voted for. I know which elections you vote in. Therefore I know who to target and when. Adding in the actual campaign will help me get more information.

For example. If you are someone who voted in 3 of the last 3 general elections only. I'm not going to waste time or money on you in the primary. I will certainly target you in the general however.

It's all automated. I can run an entire congressional district or state in a matter of minutes and have all that info in hand. It's no work, and it's easier than trying to data mine facebook. I can microtarget Facebook users however based on their voting history -- and that is generally an ok use of campaign dollars (depending on your budget, goal etc).

Minnesota might be an exception, I've never done a campaign there. But i would be willing to wager I could map out a pretty solid targeting system in almost any district in the state. Let's face it, I don't ultimately care who you voted for. I know which elections you vote in. Therefore I know who to target and when. Adding in the actual campaign will help me get more information.

For example. If you are someone who voted in 3 of the last 3 general elections only. I'm not going to waste time or money on you in the primary. I will certainly target you in the general however.

see and you would have got it wrong...because I don't vote party line...so all you would know is I do vote. And I may not vote for your person. Most of the info is simply having half a brain and knowing urban areas and moderate income burbs vote dem...rich outside the ring and rural vote republican..Also if are trying to get new voters...and you know I did at least vote 3 times out of 3 for Generals...that means I do vote you just need to push a little to get that vote this year...thats where you make your gains. I changed people day before primaries here ( aslo MN has Caucus's to, that changes things) I even caucused with one party, and was almost sent to the state level that year, even though I had for the most part worked with a different party...Our State is very independant, so have to be on your toes when you think you can right someone off as not going to vote for you. Plus just lists of those who signed up for info or have donated in the past are going to be your best info..and those have nothing to do with voter info from state. By the way, working in WI, same thing...no party line votes, no having to say what party you are for for a primary. I could go Caucus Republican just becaus I felt like it if I want..just to push the easier person to beat for the left.

see and you would have got it wrong...because I don't vote party line...so all you would know is I do vote. And I may not vote for your person. Most of the info is simply having half a brain and knowing urban areas and moderate income burbs vote dem...rich outside the ring and rural vote republican..Also if are trying to get new voters...and you know I did at least vote 3 times out of 3 for Generals...that means I do vote you just need to push a little to get that vote this year...thats where you make your gains. I changed people day before primaries here ( aslo MN has Caucus's to, that changes things) I even caucused with one party, and was almost sent to the state level that year, even though I had for the most part worked with a different party...Our State is very independant, so have to be on your toes when you think you can right someone off as not going to vote for you. Plus just lists of those who signed up for info or have donated in the past are going to be your best info..and those have nothing to do with voter info from state. By the way, working in WI, same thing...no party line votes, no having to say what party you are for for a primary. I could go Caucus Republican just becaus I felt like it if I want..just to push the easier person to beat for the left.

I wouldn't get it wrong. You'd be on the target list and you would most likely be identified throughout the course of the campaign. And your scenario is the minority, and you can often write those people off in most districts.

Even if all I know is a list of voters in a precinct that votes 60% Republican, i don't need to waste extra money micro targeting. Ill just turn everyone out, and statistically get 60% of the vote there. I might adjust this based on specific races, but the general premise holds up basically every time.

I wouldn't get it wrong. You'd be on the target list and you would most likely be identified throughout the course of the campaign. And your scenario is the minority, and you can often write those people off in most districts.

Even if all I know is a list of voters in a precinct that votes 60% Republican, i don't need to waste extra money micro targeting. Ill just turn everyone out, and statistically get 60% of the vote there. I might adjust this based on specific races, but the general premise holds up basically every time.

But the fact is you would have no idea who I voted for still, only that I voted...and then making a guess after. Has nothing to do with a government data base telling you anything outside of a marketing trend, that anyone with a marketing or political experience could to some degree, make a educated guess with. I am hardly worried about someone finding out that I voted in Saint Paul and then thinking based on the fact I rent a Apt and my income they know who I vote for....they would be better just getting my Tax records and looking at who I donated money to for the state fund.

Werbung:
But the fact is you would have no idea who I voted for still, only that I voted...and then making a guess after. Has nothing to do with a government data base telling you anything outside of a marketing trend, that anyone with a marketing or political experience could to some degree, make a educated guess with. I am hardly worried about someone finding out that I voted in Saint Paul and then thinking based on the fact I rent a Apt and my income they know who I vote for....they
would be better just getting my Tax records and looking at who I donated money to for the state fund.

Fair enough I wouldn't know exactly who you voted for, my only point being that for most people an educated guess can be made which way they lean -- be it R, D, or other.

Back