ORIGINAL Music Video "Sunrise"

AveMaria58

Hi,

I am a 19 year old college student and I made this music video using my own composition and lyrics based on Obama's speeches and my concern for the role of the "new generation." My 10 year old sister and I are the performers / actors. I envisioned this production as a reflection of the times we are living in.
I would appreciate any feedback.

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ab2sG6Wpkg

Werbung:
Hi,

I am a 19 year old college student and I made this music video using my own composition and lyrics based on Obama's speeches and my concern for the role of the "new generation." My 10 year old sister and I are the performers / actors. I envisioned this production as a reflection of the times we are living in.

Welcome,

You can embed the Youtube vids by using the alpha-numerics after the equal sign, in this case: 9ab2sG6Wpkg

Then highlight it and click the youtube button on the control panel
iconyoutube.gif

and you get:

I have only 4 comments but first I would like to say; its great that you're interested in politics, and that there is a candidate that who can create so much enthusiasm, and, if you love making such films, you should ignore any negative comments and seek only objective criticism.

Having said that, I will not pretend to be objective with my 4 comments because I am intimately familiar with Obama's policies (speeches too) and find them - to say it politely - objectionable and offensive:

1. Obamabots will love it
2. Everyone else will want their 4 and a half minutes back
3. Too much use of the word "Change", Obama has never used the word more than 15 times in any one speech.
4. Not one single "Yes We Can" and thats an important slogan.

Now, if I haven't run you off and you're still reading, I have some suggestions on how you could improve your technique and you would notice a marked difference in your next production.

Believe, Hope, Change, Yes We Can: These are slogans that you can use as trigger words to replace "Obama" so you don't have to repeat his name but phrase your sentences as if you would use his proper name. For example;

"Our nation is at a crossroads and there is only one choice, Believe."
"We are faced with a decision in the trying times ahead, we need Hope."
"There are problems at home and overseas, we need Change."
"So in November, just remember, YES WE CAN!"

Notice I didn't use his name once but everybody knows exactly who I'm talking about. You can plug in Obama's name into any of the trigger words and it still makes sense, its just gets too repetitive.

I'm quite biased against Obama but I like the fact that he is bringing new people into politics, and hope they hang around after he loses. :D

Hi,

First let me say what a great thing it is that you and your 10 year old sister care enough about America & Americans to work this hard at trying to make a statement... and a difference.

America has been ground down over the last 8 years in some bazar... everything for the top mentality. We've also allowed ourselves to be degraded into a... the end will justify the means mentality when it comes to invading other countries and giving up American Civil Liberties and these things rightly so should be very scary for young people.

It's a lot of small caring patriotic people that make up the overall big group of change. You & your sister have stood up! Thanks a whole lot!!! ;)

On the video critique itself I'd say the best thing is it is obviously a personal homemade statement. That's powerful stuff because you are obviously not in anyone's pocket.

It sort of drags on a bit with the scenery shots... I'd shorten those up to speed up the overall pace of the shoot. You know like... action, scenery, and quickly more action.

This is a relatively slow but not dragging pace example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6MvT6hebDU

I'd probably insert some more larger, bolder eye catching colorful but still obviously handmade slogan & Obama signs... even if just in some of the background shots.

Maybe find a way to incorporate a lot more of your friends and little sisters friends in some group shots. Some shots of you two alone in nature but everywhere you go right around the corner is a large group of like minded friends. This would make the overall premise more upbeat. Remember the sadness is where you've been... happiness is where you are headed.

Lastly... don't be tricked by your opposition. When someone says don't use Senator Obama's name to link the positive message to him AND HIM ALONE... CONSIDER THE SOURCE. :)

Neo-cons see the CHANGE message is the only way this election cycle. Things are that bad. As ridiculous as it sounds they will try a promote John McCain and even other Republicans as now a CHANGE group.

Make sure they don't get away with it!

Thanks for caring and working so hard my friend!

Lastly... don't be tricked by your opposition. When someone says don't use Senator Obama's name to link the positive message to him AND HIM ALONE... CONSIDER THE SOURCE. :)

Listen up DB,

I didn't say to NEVER use his name, I offered an example of how you could IMPLY his name through the use of his other slogans so as not to be too repetitive.

Neo-cons see the CHANGE message is the only way this election cycle. Things are that bad. As ridiculous as it sounds they will try a promote John McCain and even other Republicans as now a CHANGE group.

Obama owns "Change" and there is no chance that message can be hijacked by McCain or the Republicans. As ridiculous as this may sound to DB, people on the Right see "Change" as the empty bumbper-sticker slogan that it is and prefer substance to rhetoric.

GenSeneca;51093]Listen up DB,

I didn't say to NEVER use his name, I offered an example of how you could IMPLY his name through the use of his other slogans so as not to be too repetitive.

And I'm just saying use it all he can.
It's his video... I'm fine with whatever he choses to do. He's on the right side.;)

I'm just pointing out there are a lot of Rush Limbaugh "Operation Chaos" types out there and their input should be accepted or rejected in that light.

And I'm just saying use it all he can.
It's his video... I'm fine with whatever he choses to do. He's on the right side.;)

I'm just pointing out there are a lot of Rush Limbaugh "Operation Chaos" types out there and their input should be accepted or rejected in that light.

Notice that I openly admitted bias against Obama and said the same thing you just did about taking that into consideration? Yet you continually stereotype me into the category of the Character Assassins that want to spread rumors about drugs, gay sex and other Anti-Obama slander. Look closely and you will see I don't like politicians because of their policies and thats where I attack them, on policy.

Its frustrating that you're so full of hate for anyone not in agreement that you have to lash out at a fellow Ohioan. We live in the same state, in the same country, fly the same flags but you see me as the enemy. I want better politicians, not just different ones for the sake of "Change".

All I would say is do not be fooled by rhetoric of "change." Sure it sounds great to give everyone everything, but take a minute to think about how much that would actually cost dollars wise.

If you think Bush spent alot, you have no idea.

One of the lines in the song was about how Obama will help small business.

But if Obama raises the min wage to 10 dollars an hour, that will not just hurt small business that will KILL small business, and jobs. No one will be able to afford to pay 10 dollars an hour to some high school kid to flip burgers.

It will hurt families, because if you are paying 10 dollars an hour to the brand new boxer at the grocery store, you can bet your food will have to cost more for the store owner to afford the new box boy. The owner is not going to eat the expense he is going to pass it on to you the consumer. That analogy can be put to any aspect of business. No company is going to eat the new cost, it will ALWAYS be passed on to you the consumer.

And the whole Ave Maria thing..... I don’t get it, why bring the Virgin Mary into this? Obama is for partial birth abortion, he believes its ok to deny a new born child medical care if they survived a partial birth abortion. I DO NOT THINK the Virgin Mary would have been for that. I kind of felt it was very insulting to bring the Virgin Mary into a campaign for a candidate that believes in and promotes killing babies

But I do think its pretty neat that a young kid is inspired enough to make a video.

My computer won't load your video right now for some reason but I just wanted to say that if you recognize that your country is in trouble and you need the kind of change Obama is offering, then you're on the right track. I just hope that there are enough young people like yourself who are not listening to all the media lies and phoney rhetoric which is being used to destroy Obama. Those opposing Obama have a lot to lose and they will destroy their own country before then give up the things that are valuable to them.

That's from a Canadian POV and I have nothing at stake more than having to suffer the spinoff from America continuing to make the same old wrong decisions.

I'll listen to your music when I can but for now your patriotism and bravery are what's important. You're on the right track so dont let them turn you.

My computer won't load your video right now for some reason but I just wanted to say that if you recognize that your country is in trouble and you need the kind of change Obama is offering, then you're on the right track. I just hope that there are enough young people like yourself who are not listening to all the media lies and phoney rhetoric which is being used to destroy Obama. Those opposing Obama have a lot to lose and they will destroy their own country before then give up the things that are valuable to them.

That's from a Canadian POV and I have nothing at stake more than having to suffer the spinoff from America continuing to make the same old wrong decisions.

I'll listen to your music when I can but for now your patriotism and bravery are what's important. You're on the right track so dont let them turn you.

The change Obama really stands for.

Sen. Obama has offered 188 campaign proposals that would add up to at least $300 billion in new annual spending. That has a 5-year cost of more than $1.4 TRILLION.

Of the 188 new spending proposals, the $300 billion price tag only covers 111 proposals. There are another 77 proposals with unknown cost estimates that will add billions to this number.

This new spending, if enacted, would represent an almost 10% increase over the President’s FY 2009 budget.

Who will pay for the proposed $300 billion increase in spending? Middle-class American taxpayers and small businesses (which are the engine of growth for our economy), that’s who. Raising taxes on just the “rich” simply won’t cover it.

Under Pay-Go budget rules, new spending or tax cuts are paid for by spending cuts or tax hikes. The CBO budget baseline already incorporates the extra revenue due to higher tax rates, so the end of the Bush tax cuts won’t pay for the proposed spending and still satisfy Pay-Go.

Senator Obama has promised to pay for his record new spending increases with a tax increase on families making $250,000 and over. However, this increase would only yield $225 billion over 5 years, a far cry short of the $1.4 trillion required under his new spending plan.

So we will need to raise taxes on the middle-class and small businesses, or deficit spend.

According to CBO, President Clinton’s 1993 tax increase raised taxes $240.6 billion over five years. The late Senator Patrick Moynihan (D-NY) called it the “largest tax increase in the history of public finance in the United States or anywhere else in the world.” But this proposal will increase spending $300 billion in a single-year.

To finance the first year of this proposed spending ($300 billion), Congress would need to increase taxes on the top 1% of taxpayers by 57%. Under that scenario, taxpayers with incomes over $365,000 would see a tax hike of at least $40,300 on top of what they currently pay! That is simply not realistic. So if Congress decides to widen the pool of taxpayers footing the bill, it would have to raise taxes on the top 5% by 38%; or the top 10% by 32%; or the top 25% by 26%; or the top 50% of taxpayers by 23%. The top 50% of American taxpayers, who already pay 96.9% of all federal income taxes, are those who earn $31,000 (AGI) or more.

But we are not just looking at new spending. He also wants to balance the budget and stop spending the Social Security Surplus. If he follows through with these promises it would mean:

The average taxpayer earning $62,000 would see their income tax bill rise $5,300 (61%)

The average taxpayer earning $104,000 would see their income tax bill rise by $12,300(74%)

The average taxpayer earning $365,000 would see their income tax bill rise by an astounding
$93,500 (132%)!

Keep in mind all these tax increases would be on top of the

$2,300 tax increase 43 million families will feel when the current tax policy expires,

$2,200 tax increase seniors will experience when the current tax policy expires, and

$4,100 tax increase small business will have to pay when the current tax policy expires.

Is this the "change" we are looking for?

I don't care about how much it's going to cost to bring your country up level with us Rob. If it's slipped behind that badly under the extreme capitalists then they will have to be the ones to pay the penalty to catch up.

But ya know what Rob, I would really rather prefer to see your country sink a lot further so maybe Obama wouldn't be a good choice yet.

And what was it, 42% of Americans without adequate healthcare insurance? woooohooooo! And was it something like 300,000 homes foreclosed on so far? Wooooowwww! And what was it, about 10% of your population locked up behind bars? Oooooowwwww!

Werbung:
I don't care about how much it's going to cost to bring your country up level with us Rob. If it's slipped behind that badly under the extreme capitalists then they will have to be the ones to pay the penalty to catch up.

Well the people in America care how much Obama plans to spend. Given that:

1) We do not have enough money to pay for all of this.
2) Printing more money will only sink the economy lower.
3) Taxing companies more will only send them overseas.

The United States remains the largest economy in the world. So perhaps you should get on the ball and be the one catching up.

But ya know what Rob, I would really rather prefer to see your country sink a lot further so maybe Obama wouldn't be a good choice yet.

Well prefer away, because the more we sink, we only bring you with us.

And what was it, 42% of Americans without adequate healthcare insurance? woooohooooo! And was it something like 300,000 homes foreclosed on so far? Wooooowwww! And what was it, about 10% of your population locked up behind bars? Oooooowwwww!

And no, there are not 130,000,000 million Americans without healthcare insurance, so get off your bogus claim already. And if you want to argue that there are that many without "adequate" healthcare, then you need to define what that is to begin with.

As for homes being forclosed on, 300,000 during the supposed worst financial crisis ever huh? Out of what, 100,000,000 million homes in the United States. Some crisis. The majority of those 300,000 took out bad loans to begin and got exactly what they deserved.

As for 10% of the population locked up, another number you just invent out of nowhere. If you add up every person who is in jail, on parole, or on probation, you end up with less than 10,000,000 people. So by using some 1st grade math, we can see that unless the population of the United States is only 100,000,000, you are wrong yet again.

Back