Our Ignorant Population - No wonder we continuously lose more freedoms

Ahh yes, Well a Washington Post interview. (hint)
I particularly liked this bit.
"the president did not directly assert a linkage. But in the way he juxtaposed sentences and paragraphs, a reasonable person would have concluded from the speech that Saddam Hussein was, in fact, responsible for Sept. 11."
So a "reasonable" person could connect the dots if they tried hard enough!? What is reasonable? Who decides that? Is reasonable anyone who hates Bush or is it any leftist with an axe to grind? I never assumed that 9/11 was a Saddam job after any of Bush's speeches. So am I not a reasonable person?

I don't care what political affiliation you are. If you can't think for yourself (and most politicians/media outlets are hoping you can't) It wont matter what they're telling you or why.

-Castle

My original response was to this question:

Originally Posted by Castle
I'm still looking for people that EVER thought Iraq attacked us on 9/11 or that Saddam was in bed with Al Qaeda. Guess I hang out with too many people that still have their long and short term memories intact. Plenty of reasons to kick the stink out of Saddam without these.

-Castle

The people who thought that Iraq attacked us on 9/11 are precisely those who haven't learned to think for themselves and who will listen to a speech intimating that there was some kind of a link uncritically and conclude that Iraq must have attacked the US. Illogical, of course, but unfortunately, there are a lot of illogical people.

And yes, there were plenty of reasons to "kick the stink" out of Saddam Hussain. Those people who think for themselves, however, would have concluded that doing so might just create more problems that Hussain himself was causing. They would have been right, of course, but their voices went unheard. The sheeple won again.

Werbung:
Back