Pakistan to defend borders against US military incursions

Re: Soldiers Have Orders to Fire on U.S. Troops If Incursions Continue

........my sources are quicker than the WSJ!! :cool:

Not that this is really makes a practical difference in regards to the SF operations. Just another incentive to "not get caught."

Werbung:

Not that this is really makes a practical difference in regards to the SF operations. Just another incentive to "not get caught."
...........and!!???

Do you have any conception as to what is happening here?

Pakistan could make it almost impossible for Enduring Freedom to work! Please tell me how you think this is something that will make US theatre Comanders happy? I'm all ears.............enlighten me

...........and!!???

Do you have any conception as to what is happening here?

Pakistan could make it almost impossible for Enduring Freedom to work! Please tell me how you think this is something that will make US theatre Comanders happy? I'm all ears.............enlighten me

Obviously no theater commander is going to be "happy" about this. But in practical terms, nothing has changed. It is not like we are rolling tanks across the border for anyone to shoot at to begin with.

Further, the Pakistani military and government really have no authority in that area to begin with...

Hi Rob - This is more than just a threat to special forces its a threat to all.....

Pakistani troops have fired shots into the air to stop US troops crossing into the South Waziristan region of Pakistan, local officials say.

Reports say nine US helicopters landed on the Afghan side of the border and US troops then tried to cross the border.

South Waziristan is one of the main areas from which Islamist militants launch attacks into Afghanistan. The incident comes amid growing anger in Pakistan over increasingly aggressive US attacks along the border.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7396366.stm

Note that they fired OVER the heads of US forces!! Note the use of the words "troops" in the article -this is not stricty correct they were local miltia tribesmen - but in future operations now that Pakistani Troops have orders to open fire, outcomes could become a lot worse!

I hope for the sakes of your lads Bush knows what the f**k he's playing at!

Hi Rob - This is more than just a threat to special forces its a threat to all.....

Note that they fired OVER the heads of US forces!! Note the use of the words "troops" in the article -this is not stricty correct they were local miltia tribesmen - but in future operations now that Pakistani Troops have orders to open fire, outcomes could become a lot worse!

I hope for the sakes of your lads Bush knows what the f**k he's playing at!

I think that quite frankly Pakistan has not been to helpful in this region to begin with, as they do not really have all that much control.

Now maybe Pakistani soldiers did do this and maybe they did not (Pakistan denies it, but that is to be expected) but the point here is that most of the border crossing missions do not try to walk through a "checkpoint" in route to their objective.

Werbung:
Back