Palin and others find new lie , Death Book for vetrans

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
"Jim Towey writes in The Wall Street Journal that the Veterans Administration encourages veterans to forego care as they make end-of-life decisions."
taken from Palins facebook

also the 2nd quote you read
"This is truly an eye opening article about the "Hidden Agenda" of Obama and the Liberal Nazi's that want to take our country and freedoms away!"
from some supporter..

now of course

the actuly book
http://www.ethics.va.gov/YLYC/YLYC_First_edition_20001001.pdf
here is a pdf of the orig from 1997

read it, its pretty horrible the way it talks about how you should make it clear what you want to happen and talk about your choices to loved ones to make it easier for them to care for you how you want....its horrible

Werbung:
"Jim Towey writes in The Wall Street Journal that the Veterans Administration encourages veterans to forego care as they make end-of-life decisions."

"This is truly an eye opening article about the "Hidden Agenda" of Obama and the Liberal Nazi's that want to take our country and freedoms away!"
from some supporter..

now of course

the actuly book

read it, its pretty horrible the way it talks about how you should make it clear what you want to happen and talk about your choices to loved ones to make it easier for them to care for you how you want....its horrible

Actually it really is. Read page 21 for starters.

What makes your life worth living?

"My situation causes severe emotional burden for my
family (such as feeling worried or stressed all the time). "

What a sick thing to ask.

"I am a severe financial burden on my family."

So kill me? What a guilt trip question to ask.

And the answer are equally sick

"Difficult but... acceptable"
"Worth living... but just barely"
"Not worth living"
"Can't answer now"

Or how about this section
"Weighing pros and cons of treatment
for different chances of recovery"

Oh my chances are not 100%? Maybe I should just kill myself? What exactly is the purpose of this? To get people to not take treatment if the chance are not amazingly good? What's the point?

How about this one...
How would you like to spend your last days?
Avoiding pain and suffering, even if it
means that I might not live as long.
Yeah, kill me now. What is the message behind that question?

What would be your goals for
treatment of any other problems if
you had a terminal illness? Treatment
for secondary problems (such as
an infection) would not cure the
primary terminal illness (such as
cancer or heart disease).

How tasteless is that? What should happen if you get a terminal illness, oh by the way, treating secondary problems will not solve your terminal illness (hint hint). So stop getting treatment and die!

I'm sorry Pocket, but this thing is absolutely loaded with sick "hurry up and die" statements and leading questions. It really is a death book in my view.

Hate to tell you this, but the whole point is, those are questions people in that state ask, and the feel, and thus the questions addressed. But of course you also know Bush used the "Death book" as well right?

also after the statement "I am a burderen to my family" I belive it states what? thats right, I think it states...actuly most people find caring for a loved one, not a burden but a honor...its taking questions people will think and showing them different ways to address it.

"I don't think people on the left know the definition of the word lie."

Sure we do. It's when a Republican is speaking.

Hate to tell you this, but the whole point is, those are questions people in that state ask, and the feel, and thus the questions addressed. But of course you also know Bush used the "Death book" as well right?

also after the statement "I am a burderen to my family" I belive it states what? thats right, I think it states...actuly most people find caring for a loved one, not a burden but a honor...its taking questions people will think and showing them different ways to address it.

Thanks for the flesh out on this pocket.

It's the same thing all over the Health Insurance Reform discussion when listening to pubbies... delay, misinform, fearmonger.

There against "thinking". They don't believe the elderly are smart enough to do a Living Will or state exactly when they want to be let go and not kept alive by massive artificial means.

I don't know... the pubbies are losing so much ground with their rapidly shrinking Party maybe their goal is to try and get the respirator or feeding tube vote. Could be...

"I don't think people on the left know the definition of the word lie."

Sure we do. It's when a Republican is speaking.

There's a song about that...

And then you have basically a political action committees called FIXED NEWS striving to lend any false credibility they can to the old pubbie fraud & trickery machine. Confusing & fearmongering... that's their whole tired worn out play book.

from some supporter..

now of course

the actuly book

Gotta watch out for that heavy sarcasm...it just blows straight over some of them 'right wing nut jobs heads' and they'll think that you turned over! :D

You know what sets so many of the those same 'nut jobs off'...when in doubt and that written word is just to easy to read and comprehend then just 'blow it out of proportion' and twist the simplistic wording around until they can self inflict their stupidity out upon the masses and become screeching monkeys who are afraid but they don't know exactly just what it is that they are afraid of so they thump their chests and 'HOWL' and clutch each other and find security in each others grasp! FEAR FEEDING OFF OF EACH OTHER!!! :eek:

I think we need to tread lightly on this subject. I agree Palin is again over the line. She is just looking for headlines, but the most recent version of this booklet is a bit over the edge for a military person who is coming back from serving this country and is now missing part of themselves.

We have done a piss poor job helping them overcome the psychological issues of war and until we are willing to give them the services necessary it is very unfair to ask these types of questions in this format and this media. Some of these men and women are barely hanging on and they need to be coached through the process not handed a booklet.

This issue isn't about politics. It is about doing what's right.

I think we need to tread lightly on this subject. I agree Palin is again over the line. She is just looking for headlines, but the most recent version of this booklet is a bit over the edge for a military person who is coming back from serving this country and is now missing part of themselves.

We have done a piss poor job helping them overcome the psychological issues of war and until we are willing to give them the services necessary it is very unfair to ask these types of questions in this format and this media. Some of these men and women are barely hanging on and they need to be coached through the process not handed a booklet.

Kinda how I feel when it comes to the flap about health care reform and the so called public option. Lets fully fund what is necessary and do what is right for our heroes, our kids and elders, but let us not forget the folks who work hard every day and cant afford the health care they need, or are only a signifigant expense from losing everything.

no you cant have that, Republicans already said no one can talk to you about your choices...or else its a death panal...

Republicans choice means,
no choice in takling to anyone about end of life care
no choice in reading anything about end of life care
no choice for those who wanta health care plan that is not tied to your job, and income and run by a for profit company who you have to sue to get to pay for anything major and scams people daily out of there money. charging out of network charges based on "average cost" not your actul cost and then buying one of the 2 companies that make those average cost, lowering them, and then telling other companies to use yours and make more money.....rejecting claims with form letters that some clerk just looks at a claim finds something in a book that says why to reject it, puts it down, then hand stack to DR who never looks them over just signs .....no medical review, but rejected with a MAD LIBS form letter by some college student not even going to school for medical.

no you cant have that, Republicans already said no one can talk to you about your choices...or else its a death panal...

If the booklet actually talked about choices in a neutral way the pubs would be way off.

But the booklet was written by an author from the Hemlock society and the slant is clearly pro-death.

Kinda how I feel when it comes to the flap about health care reform and the so called public option. Lets fully fund what is necessary and do what is right for our heroes, our kids and elders, but let us not forget the folks who work hard every day and cant afford the health care they need, or are only a signifigant expense from losing everything.

That is exactly the point that is suppressed in this discussion... and the very point I brought up when I spoke at our Town Hall.

Every single person that's thinks they are protected under our current system is but a pink slip and an illness anywhere in their immediate family away from almost immediate "lose it all" poverty.

We can and will soon do better here in the greatest country on earth.

Werbung:

Every single person that's thinks they are protected under our current system is but a pink slip and an illness anywhere in their immediate family away from almost immediate "lose it all" poverty.

Not the ones who listen to every single financial advisor on Oprah to Forbes about keeping several months worth of savings in the bank. that way when a job is lost there is time to get another one before ones savings are depleted. With savings one can pay the premiums. I would remind you that most families are two income families so one lost job still leaves another breadwinner. It will be hard but life is hard for me too.

And don't go saying that after they meed the basic survival needs they don't have any money left because just about all Americans even most of those in poverty have an abundance of luxury material possessions that they bought with the money they should have been saving. The national census proves it.

13% of Americans are in poverty. Of those a smaller percentage (maybe a third) actually do have a hard time meeting basic needs. For this small percent there is public aid and they do have their health care needs met.

Yes there is a risk of lose it all poverty even with savings. But is it your intent for the government to offer money insurance or just health insurance?

Back