Palin cleared of ALL ethics charges

Pandora

I would not have known except for I was watching Glenn Beck and he said something about it, so I looked it up. Washington post was the only paper I could find online that had a story about it. Kind of funny, everyone and their mother had something to say but now 1 third of a million dollars to investigate later and all charges cleared, no one is reporting on it.

Oh well, I am sure we can find something on her later. She might have a half brother living in a hut or some illegal aunt living here we can trash her over.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...=newsletter_must-read-stories-today_headlines

Werbung:
you mean like the money spent on whitewater against the clintons, that after years found out that Bill likes to get head from a chick not his wife? that was money well spent.

does not change the main problem with her....that she does not know what she is talking about.

And also just becuse they did not find her guilty does not mean it was not something that should be checked....As for the report have not read it so cant say much...though realy dont care much one way or the other..be gone with her

Sarah is certainly not out of the dark yet. I find it humour to say the least that she constantly whines about all these ethics charges. It was her that raised hell anytime someone did anything questionable.

Plus the system established is a sham. Those on the personnel board are appointed by the Governor, serve at the pleasure of the Governor, and are accountable only to her. Not to mention the fact that these are all closed door hearings.

Could you imagine if former Governor Blago or well any well placed executive in this country, has ethics charges raised and the body that decides the validity of those charges is appointed by the person they are investigating.

I wish I could hand pick my jurors, pay them handsomely, and then be able to remove them if they make a decision I dont like. Must be nice.

In the meantime, she will likely face another charge for her antics over the weekend. Where she was the introducer for the Michael Reagan appearance in Anchorage. Where she once again participated in partisan politics while the acting Governor of a state where that is generally unallowed(short of the personnel board loophole described above).

On top of that the speech she gave, was more or less plagerized from an old Newt Gingrich article.

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10493137

Then there is the fact she will likely get another one because of her attendance to another GOP fundraiser in DC tonight.

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/141657

So, to clear up any confusion, firstly there are other ethics charges pending. A few were dismissed, but there will likely be more. Certainly as long as Palin puts more priority on her personal agenda, than in doing what it right for Alaska, little will change. Pandora, you oughta consider making a sizable donation to her PAC legal fund, because this isnt going to end. But before you make that choice, think about the multi million dollar book deal, and how she really should be defending herself. Not having the lower 48ers who somehow think she is a Conservative pay for her dirty work.

Who can be picked to investigate her that does not already work for her since she is gov? Get that guy on the job.

I knew of no other investigations, if there are more then good lets find out all the dirt we can.

by the way why is it wrong to introduce Michael Reagan? I see govs all over the place drooling over obama as they introduce him.

Who can be picked to investigate her that does not already work for her since she is gov? Get that guy on the job.

I knew of no other investigations, if there are more then good lets find out all the dirt we can.

by the way why is it wrong to introduce Michael Reagan? I see govs all over the place drooling over obama as they introduce him.

last I checked, the Gov does not hand pick everyone in government...

Well, I remember all the right wingers getting up in arms when Sarah was found to have violated a number of ethics issues by the Legislature hired independant investigator. But when the very same board, found her innocent of all wrong doing. Point being is that there are other methods of dealing with the ethics violation accusations.
Instead going the route that other elected officials when dealing with any ethics accusations by having an independant investigators do thier thing. Instead Sarah has cherry picked the board of personnel to deal with her accusations. A board generally reserved to dealing with the non-political staff of the State of Alaska.
I dont disagree, and some of the accusations are petty, others have serious grounds that were thrown out(Arctic Cat coat, and Ballot Measure #4 statements, then of course the biggie TrooperGate).
HUH? You want to compare a Governor introducing the President of the United States, to an introduction of a partisan talk show host?

I wonder what would be said by any of the right wing zealots if
Gov. Ted Kulongoski were to introduce...lets say Bill Maher for example at one of his stand up routines. Or even better Governor Blago plagerizes LBJ for an introduction to a ticket paying routine of James Carville. Id really like an honest response as to what the response would be.

last I checked, the Gov does not hand pick everyone in government...

Well if you ask some of the TeamSarah folks, it would appear that Sarah should be picking everyone in government. Nothing like keeping to those small government fans interested by cutting out the middlepersons. Forget the voters, Legislative appointments, or hell even the average State employee, let Sarah pick em all, she is a conservative. Or at least she is pro-life and claims to be a Conservative.

I did not know that Ms Palin had been accused of having ethics.

When did this happen ?

Comrade Stalin
ChairPerson of the return Alaska to Russia Campaign
Sewards Folly
Washington DC

Well, I remember all the right wingers getting up in arms when Sarah was found to have violated a number of ethics issues by the Legislature hired independant investigator. But when the very same board, found her innocent of all wrong doing. Point being is that there are other methods of dealing with the ethics violation accusations.
Instead going the route that other elected officials when dealing with any ethics accusations by having an independant investigators do thier thing. Instead Sarah has cherry picked the board of personnel to deal with her accusations. A board generally reserved to dealing with the non-political staff of the State of Alaska.

I dont disagree, and some of the accusations are petty, others have serious grounds that were thrown out(Arctic Cat coat, and Ballot Measure #4 statements, then of course the biggie TrooperGate).

HUH? You want to compare a Governor introducing the President of the United States, to an introduction of a partisan talk show host?

I wonder what would be said by any of the right wing zealots if
Gov. Ted Kulongoski were to introduce...lets say Bill Maher for example at one of his stand up routines. Or even better Governor Blago plagerizes LBJ for an introduction to a ticket paying routine of James Carville. Id really like an honest response as to what the response would be.

I can see sleepy ted introducing bill maher, I know of no one as partisan as obama. Charlie Cunningham introduced McCain and no one freaked out, except for mccain who had a cow because Cunningham used obama's middle name.

do you have any proof that Palin cherry picked the those who investigated her?

I don’t understand why the media that hates her so much is not talking about this, unless she is really cleared.

I can see why they are not talking about it if it put her in a good light. But since you seem to think its all fake and she really is guilty it seems like the left wing news would be all over this, proving she cherry picked those who found her not guilty. Why do you figure I can find nothing about this story in left wing media? The only real news source is the one I posted. We all know that cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, and nbc would love to have another hate Sarah Palin piece if they were able to find something bad about her. new york times too… they love to blast hate stuff on Sarah Palin, it seems if they could find anything unethical about her being cleared from ethics violations they would love to make it front page. Yet they all are silent, and the only thing that would keep them silent is they would rather not report news on Sarah Palin if it were news in her favor.

I'll step up to the plate and fully disclose that I'm disappointed that this has ended this way! I was one of many that jumped all over this 'Sara Palin' {can't stand the woman} NON-Fan Club and I was hoping that this would 'burst that inflated ego' that the GOP has built up around her.

But if this has been proven enough to 'prick that ego bubble'...it will only be a matter of time then she will hang herself with her own 'ego'. IMO

And the 'bad news' seems to sell faster then any good news about our politicians...in the last 15 years anyway!

I know of no one any more partisan than Sarah Palin.

Really :rolleyes:

I openly admit I don’t watch msnbc that much at all except I did watch Hard Ball but ever since Chris got a tingle running up his leg when ever he hears obama speak I lost interest in his show. A coupe of days ago Chris interviewed Newsweek editor Evan Thomas. The man has an open slobbering love affair with obama, its so disgusting, but what was worse was Chris not calling him on it, and even agreeing with him on a couple of crazy points. Anyone who can buy into this crap is too far gone to even reason with.

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

The above has to be the least partisan statement made in the history of America huh!

Thomas, appearing on Hardball with Chris Matthews, was reacting to a preceding monologue in which Matthews praised Obama’s speech: "I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful...But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility...The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world."

Matthews discussed Obama’s upcoming speech marking the 65th anniversary of D-Day and compared it to that of Ronald Reagan. He then turned to Thomas and asked: "Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?"

Thomas replied: "Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial."

Thomas elaborated on Obama as God, patronizingly explaining: "He's going to bring all different sides together...Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together...He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that." In response, Matthews wondered: "If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign." Thomas agreed: "Yes, he is."
Here is a transcript of the relevant portion of the exchange:

5:15PM SEGMENT:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Tomorrow on the 65th anniversary of D-day, President Obama has a tough pair of acts to follow. His own speech yesterday and one given a quarter century ago. I remember getting up that morning in 1984 to catch President Reagan at Normandy. It was a real ‘Morning in America’ speech. I believe that Reagan’s ability to connect to World War II was a reason for his enormous popularity in this country. Here he was on the bluffs of France saying something very good about America, how we liberated Europe. That's the heart of it, really. The reason Reagan was popular, Roosevelt was popular, Jack Kennedy was popular, and Barack Obama is popular. Don't tear us down. Don't make us feel like victims or the angry guys or the worried guys. Make us feel American. I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful. It said to the world, if you're a good guy, you've got nothing to fear from us. If you’ve got national aspirations, if you want to be respected as a people, if you want to be treated as an equal people in the world, we're on your side. If you're an aggressor, if you want to hold down other people, if you're driven by a predatory ideology, if you're out to hurt this country, look out. We Americans are that rattlesnake on that first flag, ‘Don't tread on me.’ But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility. What he did was rob from the enemy, those who want to destroy us, their main case, the belief that only by extremism can the East reach equality of dignity with the West. The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world. If he can, he'll be honoring what happened on D-day 65 years ago tomorrow. He will be delivering the world once again from evil. Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember '84. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?

EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

Check out Matthews agreeing with him that obama is above the country, above the world .. sort of God.

THOMAS: He's going to bring all different sides together. It's a very different-

MATTHEWS: Can he – well, here’s Ronald Reagan. Let's take a look, a little Friday night nostalgia. Here he is speaking about peace and reconciliation at Normandy back 25 years ago. Let's listen.

RONALD REAGAN: But we try always to be prepared for peace, prepared to deter aggression, prepared to negotiate the reduction of arms, and, yes, prepared to reach out again in the spirit of reconciliation. In truth, there is no reconciliation we would welcome more than a reconciliation with the Soviet Union so together we can lessen the risks of war now and forever.

MATTHEWS: Let's talk about the difference. He was talking about the evil empire, trying to reconcile with the people of Russia and the Soviet Union, but not the country. Barack Obama the other day was saying, yesterday, that we don't have an enemy out there per se. We have people who choose extremism, but Islam’s not our enemy. That's not the evil empire.

THOMAS: But Reagan did it with a very – for the first term it was a clenched fist. I mean, we ramped up the cold war before we ramped it down. We built up our military. We – all of this D-day stuff was about war. That was about fighting.

MATTHEWS: Right.

THOMAS: Reconciliation only after the fighting. That's not – Obama’s not doing that. Obama – we've had our fighting. Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together. I think he has a much tougher job, frankly, because-

MATTHEWS: What's his shtick? Reagan had the United States arms race, winning the arms race. And we had the threat of high frontier, we were going to beat the Soviets at technology.

THOMAS: I don't think he has – his shtick is he's the teacher. He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that-

MATTHEWS: If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign.

THOMAS: Yes, he is.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

and this above is just a random pick of two partisan hacks, lots more where they come from...

I can post a congressman on the house floor comparing him to Jesus, Donna brazil doing the same on TV. And any host on MSNBC or CNN mentally masterbating over his every word

Bill Clinton was cleared of all ethics charges too, all he got was a bj from another consenting adult while at work.

Werbung:
Really :rolleyes:

I openly admit I don’t watch msnbc that much at all except I did watch Hard Ball but ever since Chris got a tingle running up his leg when ever he hears obama speak I lost interest in his show. A coupe of days ago Chris interviewed Newsweek editor Evan Thomas. The man has an open slobbering love affair with obama, its so disgusting, but what was worse was Chris not calling him on it, and even agreeing with him on a couple of crazy points. Anyone who can buy into this crap is too far gone to even reason with.

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

The above has to be the least partisan statement made in the history of America huh!

Thomas, appearing on Hardball with Chris Matthews, was reacting to a preceding monologue in which Matthews praised Obama’s speech: "I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful...But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility...The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world."

Matthews discussed Obama’s upcoming speech marking the 65th anniversary of D-Day and compared it to that of Ronald Reagan. He then turned to Thomas and asked: "Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?"

Thomas replied: "Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial."

Thomas elaborated on Obama as God, patronizingly explaining: "He's going to bring all different sides together...Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together...He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that." In response, Matthews wondered: "If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign." Thomas agreed: "Yes, he is."
Here is a transcript of the relevant portion of the exchange:

5:15PM SEGMENT:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Tomorrow on the 65th anniversary of D-day, President Obama has a tough pair of acts to follow. His own speech yesterday and one given a quarter century ago. I remember getting up that morning in 1984 to catch President Reagan at Normandy. It was a real ‘Morning in America’ speech. I believe that Reagan’s ability to connect to World War II was a reason for his enormous popularity in this country. Here he was on the bluffs of France saying something very good about America, how we liberated Europe. That's the heart of it, really. The reason Reagan was popular, Roosevelt was popular, Jack Kennedy was popular, and Barack Obama is popular. Don't tear us down. Don't make us feel like victims or the angry guys or the worried guys. Make us feel American. I think the President's speech yesterday was the reason we Americans elected him. It was grand. It was positive. Hopeful. It said to the world, if you're a good guy, you've got nothing to fear from us. If you’ve got national aspirations, if you want to be respected as a people, if you want to be treated as an equal people in the world, we're on your side. If you're an aggressor, if you want to hold down other people, if you're driven by a predatory ideology, if you're out to hurt this country, look out. We Americans are that rattlesnake on that first flag, ‘Don't tread on me.’ But what I liked about the President's speech in Cairo was that it showed a complete humility. What he did was rob from the enemy, those who want to destroy us, their main case, the belief that only by extremism can the East reach equality of dignity with the West. The question now is whether the President we elected and spoke for us so grandly yesterday can carry out the great vision he gave us and to the world. If he can, he'll be honoring what happened on D-day 65 years ago tomorrow. He will be delivering the world once again from evil. Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember '84. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?

EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

Check out Matthews agreeing with him that obama is above the country, above the world .. sort of God.

THOMAS: He's going to bring all different sides together. It's a very different-

MATTHEWS: Can he – well, here’s Ronald Reagan. Let's take a look, a little Friday night nostalgia. Here he is speaking about peace and reconciliation at Normandy back 25 years ago. Let's listen.

RONALD REAGAN: But we try always to be prepared for peace, prepared to deter aggression, prepared to negotiate the reduction of arms, and, yes, prepared to reach out again in the spirit of reconciliation. In truth, there is no reconciliation we would welcome more than a reconciliation with the Soviet Union so together we can lessen the risks of war now and forever.

MATTHEWS: Let's talk about the difference. He was talking about the evil empire, trying to reconcile with the people of Russia and the Soviet Union, but not the country. Barack Obama the other day was saying, yesterday, that we don't have an enemy out there per se. We have people who choose extremism, but Islam’s not our enemy. That's not the evil empire.

THOMAS: But Reagan did it with a very – for the first term it was a clenched fist. I mean, we ramped up the cold war before we ramped it down. We built up our military. We – all of this D-day stuff was about war. That was about fighting.

MATTHEWS: Right.

THOMAS: Reconciliation only after the fighting. That's not – Obama’s not doing that. Obama – we've had our fighting. Obama is trying to sort of tamper everything down. He doesn't even use the word terror. He uses extremism. He's all about let us reason together. I think he has a much tougher job, frankly, because-

MATTHEWS: What's his shtick? Reagan had the United States arms race, winning the arms race. And we had the threat of high frontier, we were going to beat the Soviets at technology.

THOMAS: I don't think he has – his shtick is he's the teacher. He's the teacher. He is going to say, ‘now, children, stop fighting and quarreling with each other.’ And he has a kind of a moral authority that he – he can – he can do that-

MATTHEWS: If there's a world election between him and Osama Bin Laden, he's running a good campaign.

THOMAS: Yes, he is.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kyle-drennen/2009/06/05/newsweek-s-evan-thomas-obama-sort-god

and this above is just a random pick of two partisan hacks, lots more where they come from...

I can post a congressman on the house floor comparing him to Jesus, Donna brazil doing the same on TV. And any host on MSNBC or CNN mentally masterbating over his every word

If Right Wingers aren't masturbating over Sarah's every word, they sure give the impression that they are.

Back