Palin interviewed while turkeys are being slaughtered

Popeye

I don't know, maybe I'm being a hypocrite...for while I don't eat red meat or pork, I have been known to eat poultry from time to time. It just seems like this woman is always involved in something that adds to her reputation as a hillbilly.....In this case, she goes to Wasilla and pardons a turkey for Thanksgiving, then she proceeds to give an interview while turkeys are being slaughtered on camera in the background.

Werbung:
How many of those turkeys that are killed each year do you think go to feed poor people at Thanksgiving? Do you have a problem with that?

Clinton didn't have a problem carrying on the tradition started offically in 1989, but of course we know he's no hillbilly!

How many of those turkeys that are killed each year do you think go to feed poor people at Thanksgiving? Do you have a problem with that?

Clinton didn't have a problem carrying on the tradition started offically in 1989, but of course we know he's no hillbilly!

The pardoning of the turkey didn't add to her hillbilly reputation... the giving of an interview, while seemingly oblivious to turkeys being slaughtered in the background, did.

Palin has made it clear she has the goal of higher office. You would think she would be aware by now that every move will continue to be scrutinized, instead she continues to conduct herself like some kind of ditzy hick.

I don't know, maybe I'm being a hypocrite...for while I don't eat red meat or pork, I have been known to eat poultry from time to time. It just seems like this woman is always involved in something that adds to her reputation as a hillbilly.....In this case, she goes to Wasilla and pardons a turkey for Thanksgiving, then she proceeds to give an interview while turkeys are being slaughtered on camera in the background.
It does no good to "pardon" a turkey raised for the thanksgiving season. They have been bred and fed to where at some point, their knee joints will fail and they will have to be killed anyway. The one that Palin "pardoned" surely was still killed for someone else to eat.
I raised one once, could not bring myself to kill it until it reached (42 pounds dressed) such a weight that I knew it could not survive. It would follow me around the yard like a dog.
Being 42 pounds, I really had no use for it, so after dressing and freezing it, I found a group home for young girls that could use it.
Clinton I believe, "pardoned" one that reached 99 pounds. As with Palin, it is just a photo-op that does not result in a turkey living happily ever after.

Oh Geez...
I find the video in the background unimportant really. What concerns me is what she said, especially from an Alaskan POV. I have driven by this turkey farm, it is the only commercial turkey farm in the entire state. While Alaska is a massive fisheries producing state, we are weak on agriculture, especially the protein variety.

Two turkeys met thier fate so what, did anyone notice the shed full of them awaiting a similar destiny. As a side note, the guy in the background, is very much a typical Alaskan. I got a kick out of that. But hell the man has work to do and only about 6 hours of daylight to dispatch all those turkeys.

As a constituent of Sarah's her immediatly going on the attack towards state democrats is a concern. But I am awfully curious as to where she wants to cut the budget. Or if she intends to spend what we got. Time will tell on that.

Yes, you are being Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you think that nice turkey gets to everybody's table on turkey day?

At least that looks more humane the the way big chicken slaughter houses kill millions of chickens:

Yes, you are being Hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you think that nice turkey gets to everybody's table on turkey day?

At least that looks more humane the the way big chicken slaughter houses kill millions of chickens:

Forget the pros and cons of slaughtering turkeys. Turkeygate was just one more politically naive decision by a woman who reminds me very much of Dan Quayle...only not as intelligent. Were you able to focus on the actual interview? Her thoughts and way of speaking are more indicative of an unsophisticated teenager. I don't think there can be any doubt that she is worthy of the moniker the "Wasilla hillbilly."

Werbung:
Back